maternal abtiris?

According to Wikipedia:

"Habar Gidir (Madarkicis) Hiraab one of the sons of Hiraab. He had two wives. Raarey gidir Karanle & Caasho karshe wadalaan. With Raaray Gidir Karanle he had three children named Ayr(the eldest of all), sifaadle and Suruur. His other wife Asha Karshe Wadalaan bore him two children named siciid (Sacad) and Saleeban. Asha died and he pled with Raaray Gidir to raise and care for his children from Asha as if they were her own. She obliged to his wish and raised them as her own. Madarkicis Hiraab's gratitude toward her kind act is eternally shown in how his descendants are not named after him but Raaray Gidir. This is the origin story for where the name Habar Gidir stems from."

That is what i've heard too.

Though I thought there were only 4 Habar Gidir subclans, I have never heard of "sifaadle" before.

I like it, it's respectful.

Majeerteen are Bah or Habar Majeerteen, the eldest was Majeerteen, followed by Warsangeli and Dashishe.

Our clan mother was Fadumo Ceelaayo or Ceelaanyo, there is even a village named this in Sanaag, I suspect after her.

Anyway, she was Ciise, Dir (Djibouti).
Big up Ciise & Mama Fadumo Ceelaanyo, aka Habar Udbo Lacag. :it0tdo8:

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
According to Wikipedia:

"Habar Gidir (Madarkicis) Hiraab one of the sons of Hiraab. He had two wives. Raarey gidir Karanle & Caasho karshe wadalaan. With Raaray Gidir Karanle he had three children named Ayr(the eldest of all), sifaadle and Suruur. His other wife Asha Karshe Wadalaan bore him two children named siciid (Sacad) and Saleeban. Asha died and he pled with Raaray Gidir to raise and care for his children from Asha as if they were her own. She obliged to his wish and raised them as her own. Madarkicis Hiraab's gratitude toward her kind act is eternally shown in how his descendants are not named after him but Raaray Gidir. This is the origin story for where the name Habar Gidir stems from."

That is what i've heard too.

Though I thought there were only 4 Habar Gidir subclans, I have never heard of "sifaadle" before.
HG is 8 subs:

Sahal, Socdaal, Sacad, Salebaan, Saruur, Cayr, Subeer, Sifaadle

Nowadays, only 4 are known, though I personally have met a couple of Sifaadle, so some are still out there, but it's extremely rare to come across them so most don't know they still exist

Duduble is also from the same Bah and was raised with the children of Madarkicis, so they're counted as one of us even though they are technically our uncle. They are sometimes referred to also referred to as the 5th sub of HG.

Last edited:

Trending