Mashallah somali polyglot uncle

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lmao the guy got schooled, he went there with his broke ass french and adeer was like nah la connerie:pachah1:

according to @AussieHustler this is rare and not common for our multi linguistic elders
It’s kinda true since majority of quadrilingual Somalis I’ve met didn’t live in the west or Somalia but in khaleej countries (mostly In UAE and Saudia Arabia) Somalis in the west can barely speak somali :pachah1::mjcry::pachah1:

Tukraq

VIP
It’s kinda true since majority of quadrilingual Somalis I’ve met didn’t live in the west or Somalia but in khaleej countries (mostly In UAE and Saudia Arabia)
docent make sense, if they live in the khaleej there limited to a smaller number of languages then those that came to the west since arabic is a given anyways if you went to school prewar

docent make sense, if they live in the khaleej there limited to a smaller number of languages then those that came to the west since arabic is a given anyways if you went to school prewar
I don’t know why most quadrilingual somalis I’ve met were from gulf countries :browtf:I guess they’re more educated than western Somalis

Tukraq

VIP
I don’t know why most quadrilingual somalis I’ve met were from gulf countries :browtf:I guess they’re more educated than western Somalis
trilingual and quadrilingual docent make you educated most somalis are lol I'm talking about those that know 8 plus, somali, arabic and English makes you "trilingual", add Kiswahili and your already quadrilingual, not impressive, those in the west know more as they can also add all the other European languages

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
My grandfather spoke Arabic, English, French and Somali and understood some Hindi and Amharic + a couple other languages. Somalis that speak multiple languages are very common and nothing special imo.

Tukraq

VIP
Educated boomer Somalis know Italian and Arabic. But in younger Somalis Italian is dead, they still learn Arabic though.
yeah boomer somalis know somali, Italian and arabic as a given and thus trilingual, Russian also if they were ever in the military which was the largest employer at there time, Kiswahili, if they went the refugee route, and English plus maybe other Scandinavian languages if they made it to Europe

It’s kinda true since majority of quadrilingual Somalis I’ve met didn’t live in the west or Somalia but in khaleej countries (mostly In UAE and Saudia Arabia) Somalis in the west can barely speak somali :pachah1::mjcry::pachah1:
Khaleeji Somalis only know Arabic and Somali, Many speak English though.

His Italian was bad but it gets a pass. He could hold a basic conversation.

The youtuber was worse though, very exaggerated accent but it was funny lol.

Love watching him on YouTube. Glad to know he can speak Somali as well. I think he should contend for a world record

Apollo

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If the Italians managed to colonize Ethiopia and for a longer time (before WW2), I think the Italian language would have become the lingua franca of the Horn like how French took off in West Africa and Portuguese is still relevant in Angola and Mozambique.

But since it was only spoken in Eritrea and South Somalia and one became a totalitarian isolated state and the other one completely collapsed it got erased from this region.

If the Italians managed to colonize Ethiopia and for a longer time (before WW2), I think the Italian language would have become the lingua franca of the Horn like how French took off in West Africa and Portuguese is still relevant in Angola and Mozambique.

But since it was only spoken in Eritrea and South Somalia and one became a totalitarian isolated state and the other one completely collapsed it got erased from this region.
Was Italian even relevant like English & Arabic in Pre-civil war Somalia?

Apollo

VIP
Was Italian even relevant like English & Arabic in Pre-civil war Somalia?

LoL, so you are really from K5.. :hmm: I thought you might have been a K5 Somali but from Mogadishu.

In Mogadishu before the civil war it was kinda important, especially in the educated classes. Roughly equivalent to French today in some African countries.

LoL, so you are really from K5.. :hmm: I thought you might have been a K5 Somali but from Mogadishu.

In Mogadishu before the civil war it was kinda important, especially in the educated classes. Roughly equivalent to French today in Djibouti.
Lol, my roots go deep inside the rural areas of Somali Galbeed. I have no connection with Mogadishu or any coastal city :icon lol:

Trending