Mashallah somali polyglot uncle

Apollo

VIP
Alhamdulilah my grandma is forgetting af talliani
:wowsweat:

My father speaks it at a very high level. He used to even bring some Italian friends over for dinner from time to time. :dead:

Also, that Rai Uno channel was being watched at our home a lot.

My father speaks it at a very high level. He used to even bring some Italian friends over for dinner from time to time. :dead:

Also, that Rai Uno channel was being watched at our home a lot.

Theres something about Africans speaking a European language post-colonialism that screams COON to me, but I don't know what it is?

Theres something about Africans speaking a European language post-colonialism that screams COON to me, but I don't know what it is?
West Africa, Southern Africa & North Africa are worst hit (including Djibouti).

Libya would be the exception for NA, since Italian died out over there as well.

Apollo

VIP
Can someone tell my why didn't the Italians enforce Italian on their subjects like the French and English?

Arabic is laandheer. That's probably why Libya dumped Italian.

Even in the Maghreb, French there is less strong than in the more multilingual West Africa where French is really big.

Can someone tell my why didn't the Italians enforce Italian on their subjects like the French and English?
They did enforce it, but i guess after independence...it became economically useless to continue using Italian. Plus, Italy didn't maintain a presence in its former colonies after independence.

Whereas, French & English continued to hold economic value in Africa, since France & UK (& USA) continued to heavily invest in their former African colonies for resources. Plus, French & English Media became very popular in West Africa & North Africa.

They did enforce it, but i guess after independence...it became economically useless to continue using Italian. Plus, Italy didn't maintain a presence in its former colonies after independence.

Whereas, French & English continued to hold economic value in Africa, since France & UK (& USA) continued to heavily invest in their former African colonies for resources. Plus, French & English Media became very popular in West Africa & North Africa.

Do Eritrea, Ethiopia or Libya still have Italian as an official language?

@P@$T0

To my knowledge the only African languages with official status are Somali, Berber(in Morocco & Algeria) and Amharic. South Africa has many "official languages", but the only valuable languages over there are Afrikaner(Degenerate Dutch) & English.

Apollo

VIP
None of them.

Italian is dead in Africa.

europe-according-to-italy.png

@P@$T0

To my knowledge the only African languages with official status are Somali, Berber(Co-official with Arabic in Morocco & Algeria) and Amharic. South Africa has many "official languages", but the only valuable languages over there are Afrikaner(Degenerate Dutch) & English.

Damn everything else died out or is too small?
Oh well, if thats the cost of efficiently communicating with so be it...
:manny:

Hungary can hold a fat L. I can't think of a bigger L than being perceived as the land of stars by Italians.
:ooh::hahaidiot:

Last edited:
Damn everything else died out or is too small?
Oh well, if thats the cost of efficiently communicating with so be it...
:manny:

Hungary can hold a fat L I can't think of a bigger L than being perceived as the land of stars by Italians.
:ooh::hahaidiot:
Europe's Hardliner wouldn't be pleased with the Italians lol
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending