Masaman's 2021 Ethno-Racial Map of the World (Part 1: Africa)

I'll give it to him, his knowledge of the bare basics has improved, quite a lot actually. His genetic knowledge of the place likewise has improved
What are your thoughts on this?

Apollo

VIP
@Nomadite

Well, looks like he fixed Saharans/Sahelians/Sudanese Arabs. Grouping them with coastal North Africans was kind of silly. I think he made that mistake last year.

But it is still not perfect.

Populations exist in spectrum in how they are related to each other. Those simplistic cut off points when a group belongs to this or that group is kind of unscientific.

@Nomadite

Well, looks like he fixed Saharans/Sahelians/Sudanese Arabs. Grouping them with coastal North Africans was kind of silly. I think he made that mistake last year.

But it is still not perfect.

Populations exist in spectrum in how they are related to each other. Those simplistic cut off points when a group belongs to this or that group is kind of unscientific.
Agreed, but his followers aren't the smartest bunch. I think it's to help them catch on

Apollo

VIP
Agreed, but his followers aren't the smartest bunch. I think it's to help them catch on

Looks like he grouped Fulanis with pure Niger-Congo groups? :lol: Going by language families is dangerous. Some groups don't resemble their language family genetically.

Apollo

VIP
This can be excused as they still have blood from Senegambians no?

What makes it even more difficult is that Fulanis are not homogenous. Some Fulani groups have high levels of Senegambian origin (+85%), but others can have as high as 40% (sometimes even 45% in individual cases) of some kind of ancient Green Sahara Berber/Maghrebi origins.

Almost all of them have some Berber admixture, but it varies from 10% to 45% in individual Fulanis. Most probably in the 20-30% range.

The Berber admixture they have is really old. Happened somewhere in the Green Sahara period ~5,000 years ago, not from Islamic Maghrebi empires.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Why are we grouped in the Sahel? Is it to due to us having MENA and SSA ancestry?

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Hey, why do anthropologists separate Niger Congo populations between A, and B?

Apollo

VIP
Any generic difference between them?

The ones close to Senegal/Gambia/Guinea/South Mali etc are genetically different from the ones near Southern Cameroon (Bantu Expansion happened here).

If you are familiar with Senegalese people, you can kind of even physically tell the difference. They mostly live in France though, so Somalis are not that familiar with Senegambians in the West.

Any generic difference between them?
As Apollo said sort of, Bantus to begin when they left were somewhat divergent from other west africans though related it seems, modern cameroonians though not bantu reflect this.
1612996319019.png

Apollo

VIP
Senegalese kinda look Nilotic to me like tacko fall for example

It is probably the similar climate (Nilotes evolved in Sudan).

The more broad featured Niger-Congo look probably comes from the more rainforest-like areas of Western and Central Africa.

Senegalese kinda look Nilotic to me like tacko fall for example
I have a bit of a pseudo theory, it could be that the E carrying proto Niger Congo speakers were similar to nilo saharans are the senegalese are just the best remnant of them, while other niger congo speakers assimilated more of the native peoples. I have nothing to prove this its just what I've come to suspect on my free time

Anyways they also live in a savannah region and might simply have evolved to a similar climate, they look physically slimmer and sometimes like south sudanis in body type but facially they are niger congo from miles away
1612996694307.png

Trending