Marrying outside your culture

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
For those of you that have non somali in-laws say your sister or your brother is married to a white, or west African and they're especially a revert , how is your families relationship with them?

My sister in-law who's white she's great person , but my parents don't really see her much only on special occasions, when they come over our house my brother has to translate to my parents in somali and french .....I find that draining ......and I also have to translate for my dad as his English isn't that great....ugh!

What's worse when they have relationship problems and come to our family home to discuss their issues AND I have to be an un paid translator, I always get called in.
I don't want to know what's happening between the two it's awkward.

That's why I find it better to marry someone from the same culture or similar , religion and language.

Life will be easy ahhhhhhh

Last edited:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
For those of you that have non somali in-laws say your sister or your brother is married to a white, or west African and they're especially a revert , how is your families relationship with them?

My sister in-law who's white she's great person , but my parents don't really see her much only on special occasions, when they come over our house my brother has to translate to my parents in somali and french .....I find that draining ......and I also have to translate for my dad as his English isn't that great....ugh!

What's worse when they have relationship problems and come to our family home to discuss their issues AND I have to be an un paid translator, I always get called in.

That's why I find it better to marry someone from the same culture or similar , religion and language.

ofc life is better when everybody can understand relate to one another

My dms are open

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Not that bad as long as he/she is Muslim, but still, it is a no no and "gabar/wiil soomaali ah maad weydey abaha wase?" And "alla ana iska baraareyey caroorti cadan iyo madhow ii kala guursadeen:jcoleno:"
"Cadanka iyo abaha ma aqaani ee guriga ikla bax " or
"Buursada iyo dharkada qaado ee cirka ka dhac abahawastada aad ka heshey uu 'aad"
Or other sentence along those lines. :silanyosmile:

You need some soul searching.

Trending

Latest posts