Marrying a none Muslim woman

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
After realizing my prefered faith for our future kids was non negotiable and a deal breaker for me , she convinced me that she supports my wishes and i shudn't end the relationship.

:snoop:I learned i was gamed when i observed the kid throwing "Signum Crucis" not even 1 year old or able to speak.

I believe the kids will most likely be whatever their mom is unless they change their mind on their own when they become an adult and there aint nothing u can do about

After realizing my prefered faith for our future kids was non negotiable and a deal breaker for me , she convinced me that she supports my wishes and i shudn't end the relationship.

:snoop:I learned i was gamed when i observed the kid throwing "Signum Crucis" not even 1 year old or able to speak.

I believe the kids will most likely be whatever their mom is unless they change their mind on their own when they become an adult and there aint nothing u can do about

Lmao.

I'm a Gaal who doesn't mind marrying a muslim even though I prefer gaals. Ofc, I would tell the kids about my atheism when the time is right. I think the kids would gravitate towards my beliefs naturally.

Lmao.

I'm a Gaal who doesn't mind marrying a muslim even though I prefer gaals. Ofc, I would tell the kids about my atheism when the time is right. I think the kids would gravitate towards my beliefs naturally.
Literate example of why if your a Muslim you should not marry a non-Muslim

exactly. Men don't spend as much time with children as the mother does. The child is more close with the mother. The mother influences the child more than the father.

Somalis even have a proverb:

The time your child needs you the most is when you pick their mother.

Someone provide the original Somali version if you're aware of this proverb.

I learnt that Muslim man can marry none Muslim woman but women are not allowed.

I learnt all of this because of drama ofcourse...

The story goes that an Abdi (who I barely know) is look to marry his Christian gf. His parents had didn't know they were dating since he lives far away and as expected, his parents do not approve of their marriage.

Before you ask, I have no idea what her race is

A question for the part time Sheikhs

Would the kids be Christian?
This is probably one of few rules in Islam that I strongly question it’s authenticity. Because we all know that kids spend majority of their time with mom, and that kids have a strong unconditional bond with their mothers that they don’t with their fathers. So it’s almost insane to conclude that kids with Muslim father but Christian mother will remain Muslim. But that a Muslim mother but Christian father means the kids will be Christian. It’s actually comical, because it’s actually the reverse. If anything a Muslim woman regardless of her husbands religion is more likely to raise Muslim children. I’ve seen few Muslim men married to Christian women and guess what? their children are almost always Christians, even the men gets influenced.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
I may have a personal condition because I'm only interested and attracted to Xalimos especially when it comes to reproduction and settling down :snoop:

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴

Wiilkaada labo mar ayuu tala kaaga baahayanyahay. Waa markaad guursaneyso iyo markaad asagu uguurineyso.

Life in general is hard enough, I'll gonna try make my life as easy as possible.

My brother's wife is a revert and her parents still bring random gifts and trinkets on Christmas for their grandkids.

It’s mainly the muh qabil ones that peddle this myth. Mothers are the primary caregivers

I think its mostly the redpill/incels who've remixed parts of Somali dhaqan with their delusions.

Old school Somalis who are also obsessed with qabil still do not downplay the influence a mother has on a child. They even have various proverbs about this.

Wiilkaada labo mar ayuu tala kaaga baahayanyahay. Waa markaad guursaneyso iyo markaad asagu uguurineyso.

Thanks.

A muslim man can't just marry a woman that is christian or jewish. Their are clear boundaries within such marriages which is often ignored.

Such as the bride being chaste, no consumption of pork, alcohol etc. Some scholars are even against such unions in this day and age because of the secularisation amongst the christians and jews. I've met several people growing up with gaalo mothers and none of them were muslim.

Last edited:
I have a relative whose Somali on his father's side, but cadaan on his mother's. The mother is a practising Muslim, mashallah. However, her family, and especially her parents, are christians. They weren't staunch, but they attended Christian ceremonies and, at times, would go to Sunday prayers.

That being said, the kid spent the majority of his time at his Grandparents house, and it affected mentally.

On Fridays, he would attend Jummah prayers. And on Sundays, he would go to church. Both his Muslim & Gaal friends would make fun of him for attending either.

The poor kid had a clear case of identity crisis. This is, by the way, a result of marrying a recent convert, and not non-muslim. You could imagine what the child would've been going through if the mother wasn't muslim.

This is why I am in favor of marrying a Muslim Somali woman, lest I get the same problems of marrying gaals or ajnabis.

:francis:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
A cousin of mine married a serbian orthodox woman. Another relative on my mothers side married a Kurdish woman in Germany. They have a daughter.

And a third relative on my mothers side married a German woman that he has a son with that is basically identifying with his German side. Its a sad state of affairs.

I think it is best to pick flowers from your own garden. @Arma is right.

A cousin of mine married a serbian orthodox woman. Another relative on my mothers side married a Kurdish woman in Germany. They have a daughter.

And a third relative on my mothers side married a German woman that he has a son with that is basically identifying with his German side. Its a sad state of affairs.

Are any of the kids being raised as practising muslims ?

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP

The cousin that married the serbian girl doesn’t have kids yet, shouldn't be any problems though as his family is pretty religious. I think the half Kurdish girl was raised Muslim.

As far as my half German cousin, I dont think so, but I don't know as I haven't met the guy.

Last edited:

reer

VIP

children pick up language and a large portion of early traditions (before growing up) from mothers. no surprise we call our languages mother tongues.

I think its mostly the redpill/incels who've remixed parts of Somali dhaqan with their delusions.

Old school Somalis who are also obsessed with qabil still do not downplay the influence a mother has on a child. They even have various proverbs about this.
"I'm a practicing Muslim, but it's cool if my wife polishes off a bottle of white wine after work. Besides, Somalinimo comes from the father's side, my kid's will be just as Somali as I am. I'm sure of it."
:heh::heh:

Trending