Married gals how much is your Mehr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Mehr is really weird, outdated, [and kind of sexist] if you think about it...it's basically selling off daughters for the right price and putting high pressure on straight, young, working-class men to compete with other men(just to have a chance of a relationship).
Just saying. :ohno:
It should be banned and so should forced marriages, as well as parents meddling with the choice of their daughters wedding partner. Time and time again parents dismiss a man just because he's not qualified enough, not in the right qabil so forth. It is solely the girls choice who she marries certianly not her parents. I find that rather selfish

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
It should be banned and so should forced marriages, as well as parents meddling with the choice of their daughters wedding partner. Time and time again parents dismiss a man just because he's not qualified enough, not in the right qabil so forth. It is solely the girls choice who she marries certianly not her parents. I find that rather selfish
Why should Mehr be banned?
Do you have a knee-jerk response to literally everything that has anything to do with Islam?
"Ban this, ban that" "This is sexist, men are animals"
@Luke raised a point that I failed to mention; the woman receives the money as financial support in case things go south.
I agree with you about forced marriages and parents meddling with their daughter's choice though.

Mehr is really weird, outdated, [and kind of sexist] if you think about it...it's basically selling off daughters for the right price and putting high pressure on straight, young, working-class men to compete with other men(just to have a chance of a relationship).
Just saying. :ohno:

What are you complaining about ? :draketf: You are getting free money...

The problem is that Mehr should be a small gift islamically since it has more barakah.

Now it has been turned into a business transaction and has got Men dreading the day they fork over their hard earned cash

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Why should Mehr be banned?
Do you have a knee-jerk response to literally everything that has anything to do with Islam?
"Ban this, ban that" "This is sexist, men are animals"
@Luke raised a point that I failed to mention; the woman receives the money as financial support in case things go south.
I agree with you about forced marriages and parents meddling with their daughter's choice though.
It still happens in this day and age parents forcing their daughters to marry any old john tom and harry they like. It's sad marriage is seen as a financial tie to families hence one being chosen for her.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP

The problem is that Mehr should be a small gift islamically since it has more barakah.

Now it has been turned into a business transaction and has got Men dreading the day they fork over their hard earned cash
Then we should ban it, it's an outdated practice which people exploit. Ban the outdated archaic model of marriage and replace it with two people who wish to spend their live show together and celebrate this moment.

I don't need money from you, a woman just wants a man who loves her that's it. It sounds like a are-enacment of being sold to the highest bidder

The purpose of mehr is to help a woman (and potential children) to get by in case of divorce, death or other unavoidable circumstances. Sometimes, as in my case, it is more symbolic. With a few slightly altered variables, a 5-10k mehr would've been more appropriate. It would allow her to make a few months rent and live off it until she managed to transition into something better. Furthermore, it forces men to take the marriage serious. You can't finesse a girl, tell her you love her, play bf-gf for a month and go on your merry way. There is absolutely nothing sexist about it.

As for love.. my ex-wife certainly didn't marry me to get her hands on a whopping £1000.

TooMacaan

VIP
Forced marriages should be banned, agreed. Arranged marriages I'm cool with as long as the main parties consent (obviously). As for Mehr, I don't think the practice should be banned but I think communities should understand what it implies and willingly choose not to engage in it anymore. I agree that men shouldn't just be dismissed due to an unreasonable price and things like that, but I think some parents do it out of fear for their daughter's future financial security/stability (if it's due to greed though, that's just dumb). Girls should have final say on who they marry but I think they should be open to parents advice as well because "love" isn't always reliable or real...and they might be prone to making mistakes/rash decisions if that's the only qualifier they use in choosing a partner. The culture they are living in as well as career dynamic matters also.

TooMacaan

VIP
You know the girl receives the money right?
Yes, I'm aware.
Just because I'm a female I should be happy about a practice that exploits men and provides women with cash they don't deserve/haven't earned??? I hate opportunism because it's objectively wrong, I'm not just gonna change my mind because it's benefiting me...what's the use of having principles and integrity if I'm not consistent with them?

Yes, I'm aware.
Just because I'm a female I should be happy about a practice that exploits men and provides women with cash they don't deserve/haven't earned??? I hate opportunism because it's objectively wrong, I'm not just gonna change my mind because it's benefiting me...what's the use of having principles and integrity if I'm not consistent with them?

How does it exploit men?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
Congrats, you have gone from a muslim critical of countries like Saudi Arabia and how they handle women's rights to a non-muslim, anti-muslim user. This is what we call a complete U-turn here on SSpot :bell:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am sane in my thoughts dear ;) are you sane ? since you believe in a man who had delusional thoughts about angels, talking plants and rocks as well as strange habits such as washing ones hands seven times after touching a cute dog. Frontal lobe epilepsy comes to mind

TooMacaan

VIP

But WHY am I getting free money?? I did nothing to deserve it...:umwhat::umwhat:
A small gift for what? Why don't men also receive these gifts?

RE:Last sentence: that is EXACTLY why I say it is outdated...
Why would I want to get into a relationship where it's just a business transaction?? It's so robotic, greedy, degrading, and devoid of actual things that matter. Why should men have to dread the process of entering into something that should be good in their lives? If it is a "gift", why is it being described as something to "fork over"?? And exactly, men worked hard and EARNED it...yet women get it free because vagina? Is that fair??

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I am sane in my thoughts dear ;) are you sane ? since you believe in a man who had delusional thoughts about angels, talking plants and rocks as well as strange habits such as washing ones hands seven times after touching a cute dog. Frontal lobe epilepsy comes to mind
You were literally muslim three months ago. And then you weren't. And then you suddenly were again. Have you lost your mind? Has the trolling got to you abaayo?
Whether these are your opinions or not, please stop.

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
You were literally muslim three months ago. And then you weren't. And then you suddenly were again. Have you lost your mind? Has the trolling got to you abaayo?
Whether these are your opinions or not, please stop.
I am not a believer in a religion which classes me as mentally deficient and unable to lead prayers, where I can break a fast of a man if I were to pray in front of him. Where I am told to cover up because it's my fault that I am to sexual. Where apostasy means death in certain regions of the Islamic countries. Where child marriages are given the green light because the greatest man married one. I can list a whole host of problems if u like. Splitting moon flying horse, sex slaves etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending