Married gals how much is your Mehr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then an apple it is :manny:

@ChickenOriental

Only if it's made out of pure gold saaxib.
38982c6938ab51656dd50d1357828a3a.jpg

VixR

Veritas
I very highly doubt I will marry anyone much less deal in mehr Somali/Muslim marriage fashion if I do.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Off the top of my head I would ask life insurance policies or actuaries.

My fiancee who is a doctor asked for £3000. I thought she was going to ask for 10k or something. So i was relieved. I already payed her family 10,000 upfront with 5000 for her to spend as she wishes.

Wallahi women are expensive but the right woman is so worth it.

My fiancee who is a doctor asked for £3000. I thought she was going to ask for 10k or something. So i was relieved. I already payed her family 10,000 upfront with 5000 for her to spend as she wishes.

Wallahi women are expensive but the right woman is so worth it.

Why do you have to pay her family money ?

Why do you have to pay her family money ?

traditional somali culture i was told by hoyo when you formalise asking for the hand of the bride to be. Me, hoyo and her friends went over to their house to formally greet them and start the marriage ball rolling.

I don't think Somali mehr's are high compared to other Muslims, usually between 1-5k (CDN) from what I have seen. Only know one girl who asked for 10k and was marrying a non-Somali of a different culture where higher mahrs are common.

I'm not quite sure why people get angry when others mention they want a high mehr, they are showing you their attitude towards money. Perhaps, there is a certain lifestyle they want to live that you cannot afford and there is some incompatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
I don't think Somali mehr's are high compared to other Muslims, usually between 1-5k (CDN) from what I have seen. Only know one girl who asked for 10k and was marrying a non-Somali of a different culture where higher mahrs are common.

I'm not quite sure why people get angry when others mention they want a high mehr, they are showing you their attitude towards money. Perhaps, there is a certain lifestyle they want to live that you cannot afford and there is some incompatibility.

Somali marriages seem like a business transaction no thank you

I don't know where the idea that mahr is insurance money came from. It's a bridal gift, and it shows good will and a willingness to marry and commit on the part of the groom. Unfortunately all the whining and complaining from some broke men has taken some of the beauty out of it.

£8k is reasonable. He doesn't have to pay it all upfront.

I wouldn't mind paying 10k or more for the right girl, she is gonna be the mother of my kids anyways.

But what pisses me off is her Gaajo dad who is setting the price and not the girl herself..

Most Somali girls are reasonable so it isn't really a problem.

TooMacaan

VIP
Mehr is really weird, outdated, [and kind of sexist] if you think about it...it's basically selling off daughters for the right price and putting high pressure on straight, young, working-class men to compete with other men(just to have a chance of a relationship).
Just saying. :ohno:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Mehr is really weird, outdated, [and kind of sexist] if you think about it...it's basically selling off daughters for the right price and putting high pressure on straight, young, working-class men to compete with other men(just to have a chance of a relationship).
Sexist how?
It's a means of support for the wife should anything bad (death or divorce) happen.
It's literally a back-up. I don't see anything sexist there.

You know the girl receives the money right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending