Marriage is overrated

Hollywood and other Media forms like that qashin Bollywood has warped people's brains about what marriage and love is supposed to be.

The Holy Qur'an describes marriage as:

"They are your garments & ye are their garments." (Q2:187)

An interpretation of this is:
Men & women are each other's garments: i.e., they are of mutual support, mutual comfort, & mutual protection, fitting into each other as a garment fits the body.

As long as you support and protect one another, this is a blessed marriage so don't overthink it. Always try to spend alone time with each other and seek out new experiences/adventures so you don't get stagnant.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as β€œhoneymoon phase”, or it finishing. That’s just gaalo BS, they have 30 partners before marriage and get bored after a few months because their dopamine is fried. It sounds like you just don’t like your partner or have grown tired of them. The longer you are with them, the more love grows and the better it gets.

This is an excellent point! People highly underestimate the danger of this.

Such is the plight of the African American woman. It's even worse for Asian men, imagine being economically successful, the least criminal and somehow you're considered the ugliest type of male to exist even to your own race. At least with AA women they can find a relationship just by being a woman.

They should just get together tbh

Yeah, I don't understand why Asian women do that; it seems really irrational and self-hating.

Black and Asian cultures have markedly different conceptualisations and standards of beauty, so I doubt they would gel.

Hollywood and other Media forms like that qashin Bollywood has warped people's brains about what marriage and love is supposed to be.

The Holy Qur'an describes marriage as:

"They are your garments & ye are their garments." (Q2:187)

An interpretation of this is:

As long as you support and protect one another, this is a blessed marriage so don't overthink it. Always try to spend alone time with each other and seek out new experiences/adventures so you don't get stagnant.
Walal if you don't mind what's your age range? Your posts are balanced and well thought out, a rare thing in this forum.

Marriage survives because of the man's perseverance and the woman's hardwork in keeping the family together. If you don't know how to tolerate each other then you are better off celibacy life.

Walal if you don't mind what's your age range? Your posts are balanced and well thought out, a rare thing in this forum.

Marriage survives because of the man's perseverance and the woman's hardwork in keeping the family together. If you don't know how to tolerate each other then you are better off celibacy life.

That's very kind of you walaal. I'm not a ciyaal nor am I an old woman, if that answers it. :)

Trending