Many of you complain for the lack of actual Somali actors in the West!

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
What if we actually craft our own cinema? Like the Hong Kong movies? Like the Japanese Movies? Like the Italians?
I know, many of you will suggest, out of breathe in your screens, that a movie needs money.

What if I tell that, it all begins on a simple sheet? That the ideas are mainly from your imagination rather than your bank account numbers?
If we want to stand out in Africa, and to some degree, outside of the continent, we have to work together for better movies.

- My contribution -

Since my long ban, I have gathered information about aspects of my personality that could be useful for the Zoo's!
I do write paragraphs, full of retarded aphorism but it's in that sense that you can tell my signature.
I love writing stories, poorly to well-written ones, and History (as my Uni Major) was about storytelling.

If the Chinese Revolution succeeded in a few decades, it's because of their re-sharpening of their own history. Making their own movies, with their own narrative.

Let's question ourselves: what is the "Somali Narrative"? , following the not-so-easy question: what is a "Somali"?
Leaving the latter with the Islamists who believe they have a place to tell to a FOB (like me) on who's a Somali, or not,
I'm just wondering, what is our History to tell to others and the tone of it?
Is it a Cushitic, though it may concern other Kushites in the region or a tribal one?

If you have any great answers, let me know! I'm open to any suggestions.

- In my opinion -
Somalia is and was a tough land to domesticate, as much as it was a hurdle to domesticate the camels.
Knowing this, our ancestors were good navigators; great sailors, they knew what was the purpose of having towns juxtaposing near the Indian Ocean (and the Red Sea), which denotes our ability to adjust and adapt. We are not dumb; henceforth, we can work on it.
We can tell the stories of those seamen, of those merchants who traveled across the odds, for their communities.
Also, we were nomads. Who else than a Nomad can tell fascinating stories? No one!

I think we have many paths to take on and build our own narrative, instead of asking for representation, unlike other minorities. A hand that asks is inferior to a hand that gives! (a French saying)

Take care

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Filmmaking is very culturally significant in modern times. Very powerful medium and can be a great tool for upliftment.

If someone invests in my project, I'm sure we'll have plenty movies back home, for a better quality, with less shitty images

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
If folks continued waiting around for other people to give them nice things we would've all been broke and poor.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
look at Nigeria they are the second biggest filmmaker bigger than Hollywood and the movies they make are joke but still, they influence other people, anything is possible.

I would support and watch but no one wants to see women covered up 💀 and most third world countries are into Bollywood make believe type of films. So no realism . The good thing is that making movies is much easier nowadays compared to decades ago

No one is complain about Hollywood need to leave somali ppl alone and Hollywood need to stop making films about somali ppl and casting non somali to act somali ppl
I dont like Hollywood making films movies about somali ppl then casting non somali ppl to portray somali and other saying somali and non somali black africans loook same

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
No one is complain about Hollywood need to leave somali ppl alone and Hollywood need to stop making films about somali ppl and casting non somali to act somali ppl
I dont like Hollywood making films movies about somali ppl then casting non somali ppl to portray somali and other saying somali and non somali black africans loook same

Somalis have to cast their actors then. We don't have enough of them. And Holywood is selecting actors based on their reputation, their potential to bring in a huge audience. Who would caste a normie, when you can have a famous African American actor who can play the same role?
It's up to us to cast our own actors.
Peace

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I would support and watch but no one wants to see women covered up 💀 and most third world countries are into Bollywood make believe type of films. So no realism . The good thing is that making movies is much easier nowadays compared to decades ago

Fake news and insidious post.
Egyptian, Turkish and sometimes Iranian movies do make a hit in the West, despite having women covered up.
It doesn't away from the premise of the movie, the core message of it. Hijab is just different clothing!

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
look at Nigeria they are the second biggest filmmaker bigger than Hollywood and the movies they make are joke but still, they influence other people, anything is possible.

Yes indeed! Nigeria's film industry is incredible!!

Started as far as the 60s/70s, the Nigerian film industry conquered the Globe when their films started exporting outside of Nigeria, films like: Half of a yellow sun, with over ten nominations and five awards won!!

The Nigerians don't joke around, I hope that we will reach their levels (only if we just focus more on our productivity than mocking the "Madow"s or "BLM halimos"!
While the Lamagoodle complains, the "Madow" is winning :mjswag:

Fake news and insidious post.
Egyptian, Turkish and sometimes Iranian movies do make a hit in the West, despite having women covered up.
It doesn't away from the premise of the movie, the core message of it. Hijab is just different clothing!

I think it depends on the genre u want to make

Somalis have to cast their actors then. We don't have enough of them. And Holywood is selecting actors based on their reputation, their potential to bring in a huge audience. Who would caste a normie, when you can have a famous African American actor who can play the same role?
It's up to us to cast our own actors.
Peace
I dont care Hollywood need stop making movies films about somali ppl and stop casting non somali as somali ppl

Trending