Man who once denied police brutality killed by police

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
1601910049737.png

Here are the details of the shooting so far:

"Witnesses said a man and a woman were in an argument, and Price tried to step in. The man assaulted Price, and when officers arrived, they used a taser on Price before the shooting."

"Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they 'perceived a threat' and shot him to death."

Shaking Head No GIF by GIPHY News - Find & Share on GIPHY

They shot him for having a seizure SubhanAllah. Please let this be a lesson to all you young Somali men in America. They will execute you for the crime of being a black man. Be careful of the police and try not to cross paths with them as much as possible.

RIP to this guy. He didn't deserve to die like this no matter how foolish he was.

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
#SomalisYouAren’tBlackNorSpecial
He sounded like all the Somali men on this forum who deny that they’re black. Have you heard the things these Abdis have said? “Cops have been good to me. All you need to do is follow their instructions. Don’t cause any trouble and you’ll be fine.” :rolleyes:

He sounded like all the Somali men on this forum who deny that they’re black. Have you heard the things these Abdis have said? “Cops have been good to me. All you need to do is follow their instructions. Don’t cause any trouble and you’ll be fine.” :rolleyes:

Naw Ik I'm black I just don't bow down to mathows like how all these Xaliimos want us to.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Race is a social construct

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
So.... he was a simp and a bootlicker?

More importantly, nobody that uses emojis to replace words has ever said anything significant ever.

You had to turn this into a pandering opportunity didn't you? Shame on you for avoiding the real issue that is injustice and racism which lead to the death of this guy.

This incident has nothing to do with Somalis. Even if cops can't figure out I'm Somali, what I identify as won't make a difference. If they're racist then I'm screwed either way. If I say I identify as madow will they let me go? Of course not.

I don't care about the perception of ajnabis and how I identify is not based on their validation. Smh even saying RIP to a gaal person. What happened to him is shitty but this is not helping.

Last edited:

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
You had to turn this into a pandering opportunity didn't you? Shame on you for avoiding the real issue that is injustice and racism which lead to the death of this guy.

This incident has nothing to do with Somalis. Even if cops cant figure out I'm Somali, what I identify as wont make a difference. If they're racist then Im screwed either way. If I say I identify as madow will they let me go? Of course not.

I don't care about the perception of ajnabis and how I identify is not based on their validation. Smh even saying RIP to a gaal person. What happened to him is shitty but this is not helping.
Oh stfu. I shared this because I thought it would serve as a lesson for young Somali men. Telling them that they're not black because they have 3b curls isn't going to help them. Somalis need to be aware that people perceive you as black no matter how you self-identify. You will face discrimination for it and you have to move accordingly.

But if you want to keep living in LaLa Land where racial profiling doesn't exist, be my guest.

Xalimos are blacks, faraxs are Somali

If your Hispanic,White,Black, it's man down regardless. I watched a video of a white crack head lady running with a knife, they shot her like 9 times she was mentally ill. Police brutality is a issue for all races, but the media wants to portray it differently to cause racial tension.

Some negroes got shot by the police for criminal behavior.. @Destiny logs on sspot, to convince us Somalis we should start identifying as blacks.. Because uncle sam said so, and he is shooting negroes on the spot :noneck::ileycry:

Oh stfu. I shared this because I thought it would serve as a lesson for young Somali men. Telling them that they're not black because they have 3b curls isn't going to help them. Somalis need to be aware that people perceive you as black no matter how you self-identify. You will face discrimination for it and you have to move accordingly.

But if you want to keep living in LaLa Land where racial profiling doesn't exist, be my guest.

Your twisting my words I already said the cause was racism and injustice. How is that denying racism? How does identifying as black help Somalis dealing with racist police officers?

:ulyin:

It clearly doesn't, but if your going to pretend it will then see if the madows you cheerlead for will accept you.

giphy.gif

Another black thread....

Listen, race is nothing but a superficial social-construct that bears no meaning -- primarily identifying by "race" can potentially cause identity problems and crises. The way I see it, under this social umbrella called "Race", Somalis are black but choose not to identify with it as primary. Saying Somalis aren't black is like saying Indians aren't brown and Chinese aren't yellow; they're blanket terms made for other ethnic groups to disparage their culture significance and value.

So you can identify with whoever you want, it doesn't matter to me. The fact is that cadaan think dark skin + african continent = black. There is nothing I can to change it, to me, Somalis are Somalis the same way Zambians are Zambians. Just leave it with a shrug and move on with your life.

@Destiny
What's your view on black women wearing fake hair instead of wearing their own natural hair? Another issue is what's your view on black on black crimes? If you look at the statistics killings stemming from black on black crimes far exceed killings that stems from police brutality.. Another issue is absent fathers, high unemployment rate as well as drug addiction and crimes related to it.. Do you think the black race is a cursed race?

@Destiny
What's your view on black women wearing fake hair instead of wearing their own natural hair? Another issue is what's your view on black on black crimes? If you look at the statistics killings stemming from black on black crimes far exceed killings that stems from police brutality.. Another issue is absent fathers, high unemployment rate as well as drug addiction and crimes related to it.. Do you think the black race is a cursed race?

Those issues are not entirely to blame on blacks. They were degraded by Whites and were forced to culturally assimilate.

But yeah, I agree with you. They need another Malcolm X to fix them up. Majority of their problems stems from their mannerisms and culture; addressing the major issues at hand would actually do them some good.

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
@Destiny
I would like to see more black women embrace their natural hair. But I don’t judge them for wearing wigs, as I am aware of the discrimination they face that I would never understand because I have a looser hair texture.

Do I think the black race as a whole (including Somalis) are cursed? Yes. We have the worst countries, the worst poverty, and the least respect. I am not a race warrior though, I only care about black women.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Do I think the black race as a whole (including Somalis) are cursed? Yes. We have the worst countries, the worst poverty, and the least respect. I am not a race warrior though, I only care about black women.
How anti black of you

giphy.gif

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Another black thread....

Listen, race is nothing but a superficial social-construct that bears no meaning -- primarily identifying by "race" can potentially cause identity problems and crises. The way I see it, under this social umbrella called "Race", Somalis are black but choose not to identify with it as primary. Saying Somalis aren't black is like saying Indians aren't brown and Chinese aren't yellow; they're blanket terms made for other ethnic groups to disparage their culture significance and value.

So you can identify with whoever you want, it doesn't matter to me. The fact is that cadaan think dark skin + african continent = black. There is nothing I can to change it, to me, Somalis are Somalis the same way Zambians are Zambians. Just leave it with a shrug and move on with your life.
I get that you guys see yourselves differently but everyone seems to have misunderstood my point. I made this thread to highlight that Somali guys are in the target demographic that deals with police brutality, self identification or not. Everyone seems to have ran with the idea that I’m telling y’all to call yourselves black.

Trending