Major YouTube history channel makes a video 'why did Somalia fail?'

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
So after the white colonizer left, Somalia was fairly healthy, economy was rising until the military leader Baare made a coupe. Then, he pretended he was an Ottoman Sultan, by wanting to invade Ethiopia for land grab? How in the world can such a man succeed? on top of that population was increasing, no one was feeding them. Like the French, they slaughtered their king and queen because there was no bread.

Marehaaan should have NEVER been given leadership.

What do u know? History repeats itself.

A marehaan is a leader now. View attachment 177441
1617144671694.jpeg

ethiopia was the western poster boy in the horn when we were signing friendship agreements with the ussr. severe underestimation of cadaans. waa hal caqli. russian or western or cuban. ha kala saarin.
castro was furious because he wanted a federation between somalia ethiopia south yemen. when he was even trying to negotiate between us there was no agreement on galbeed. mengistu said we will not give it back and siad barre said we want it back. by the time 77 arrived relations were already going south with the ussr inta la gaarin the invasion.

tldr; siad barre underestimated the ussr and cubans and castro underestimated the feelings of anger from somalis.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DIdn't know south Yemen was supposed to be apart of the federation. I knew the Soviets wanted Somalia and Ethiopia (Eritrea was still part of it) to become one country. Meanwhile South Yemen was trying to annex Dhofar from Oman via tribal militias.

This is why I don't understand those that talk about Greater Somalia, that type of thinking led us on this path to begin with.

We are never getting those lands so focus on reconciliation and recovery.

I hope we become stable by 2050.

This was super brief, I like it.

If he went anymore into detail, he would’ve had to discuss tribalism, and which tribe was to blame the most.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I loved this dude his videos are so informative yet so short Icl I was hella gassed when he posted about Somalia

It is alright. Short, concise straight to the point. Packed with enough information to be digested in video under 4 minutes. I prefer the video made by Caspian Report even though he skipped on most 2000's political development.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
A political analyst friend summed up Somalia's collapse pretty astutely when he said something to the effect of "Somalia is basically a country that failed to survive the cold-war." a casualty of the cold war, if you will.

it fell because somalis like the "marehan" decided to prop up hawiye (really just oromos) instead of uniting with their fellow countrymen of the north. i find this similar to the amhara-oromo nonsense which has alienated the tigrays and others. it's very irritating when trash are propped up instead of the rightful "reer xamar" ruling the south.

it fell because somalis like the "marehan" decided to prop up hawiye (really just oromos) instead of uniting with their fellow countrymen of the north. i find this similar to the amhara-oromo nonsense which has alienated the tigrays and others. it's very irritating when trash are propped up instead of the rightful "reer xamar" ruling the south.
Who are the so called rightful reer xamar lmaoo ? Mind you hawiya are mentioned by 10th century arab historians as controlling mogadishu

Who are the so called rightful reer xamar lmaoo ? Mind you hawiya are mentioned by 10th century arab historians as controlling mogadishu

the arab founders of xamar. hawiye were oromo tribes that migrated to the juba/shabelle rivers in the 16th century during the "great oromo migrations". Hawiye lived in the hinterlands. If they did "control" anything it was likely through a 1624 chimpout ala black hawk down.

the arab founders of xamar. hawiye were oromo tribes that migrated to the juba/shabelle rivers in the 16th century during the "great oromo migrations". Hawiye lived in the hinterlands. If they did "control" anything it was likely through a 1624 chimpout ala black hawk down.
Arabs didn't establish mogadishu this has already been debunked with historical sources on this site, don't make me quote them, multiple arab historians wrote about mogadishu and some even visited like ibn batuuta, mentioning the city in the 1300s was ruled by a Somali sultan, also modern historians agree that arab immigrants were a minority ruled by Somalis, lastly, mogadishu existed 2000 years ago as Sarapion, mentioned in Greek and roman records

Arabs didn't establish mogadishu this has already been debunked with historical sources on this site, don't make me quote them, multiple arab historians wrote about mogadishu and some even visited like ibn batuuta, mentioning the city in the 1300s was ruled by a Somali sultan, also modern historians agree that arab immigrants were a minority ruled by Somalis, lastly, mogadishu existed 2000 years ago as Sarapion, mentioned in Greek and roman records

Silence abeed!

Sef_bin_Ahmed.jpg

scan10011reduced501.jpg