Major YouTube history channel makes a video 'why did Somalia fail?'

Because we are still attached to somalia. We cant register to the world bank. And ask for loan what every country can. Trust me if we are officiële independent. Then we can compare
Nigga neither is Taiwan. Also it’s your own fault for not getting recognition. It ain’t our fault your politicians were to dumb to get it.

GemState

36/21
VIP
We invaded without thinking about the long term consequences in the video he made Barre carry a big brain sign and you ask Somalis about this their answer will be we would have won if it wasn't for Russia and Cuba. :farmajoyaab:
I get that war with Ethiopia was a popular sentiment, but I'd like really like to know the thinking behind why Barre thought the USSR would simply stand by and watch us invade a Communist Ethiopia, who at the time was the closest ally of the Soviet bloc without repercussions. It would be one thing if we were self sufficient and make do on our own, but when we relied so much on them, it's insane to me how they didn't factor what the USSR would do.

Nigga neither is Taiwan. Also it’s your own fault for not getting recognition. It ain’t our fault your politicians were to dumb to get it.
ngl we was dumb for not infaltrating somalias governement with secret agents or bribing the presidents when we had a chance :kanyehmm:

ngl we was dumb for not infaltrating somalias governement with secret agents or bribing the presidents when we had a chance :kanyehmm:
If you had bribed them you would’ve been free. These nigga sold everything they could get their hands on including the sea. Or you could’ve recognised the yahuuds and had lacag and recognition showered on you

I always thought siad barre was democratically elected but overstayed his presidency, nacala, illeen he staged a coupe, now I hate his subclan even more

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Keep crying :pachah1:
If mx was the problem why is SL barely any better? You’ve had 30 years and live for nothing to show for it except a port that was built and majority owned by foreigners. If Mx was really the problem you’d be looking like Jordan at least rn.
Ps. Don’t use somalia as a comparison

Because their goverment is not regocnized as sovereign. If that would have been the case, sl woukd have been a stable democracy. A true one of it's kind in the broader region.

I always thought siad barre was democratically elected but overstayed his presidency, nacala, illeen he staged a coupe, now I hate his subclan even more

He must have been plotting it for a long time just look at the way he was looking at the president at the time :russ:

Al Jabarti on Twitter: President Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke with his  guardsman Siad Bare #Somalia…

Because their goverment is not regocnized as sovereign. If that would have been the case, sl woukd have been a stable democracy. A true one of it's kind in the broader region.
Kkkkkkk an African stable democracy

if somaliland got independence today, isaaq would take dictatorship and continue oppressing minorities, some wealthy foreign power like uae or usa would fund a rebel/terrorist group, don’t kid yourself sxb

Kkkkkkk an African stable democracy

if somaliland got independence today, isaaq would take dictatorship and continue oppressing minorities, some wealthy foreign power like uae or usa would fund a rebel/terrorist group, don’t kid yourself sxb
If Somaliland got independence we would probably just let them join Somalia and that argument is flawed cause the whole point of why Somaliland is occupying their lands is to strengthen the chance of getting reccogniton :drakekidding:

Who this Abe lincoln guy posting every youtube comment that somalis not black under this video

Waar waxaan naga qabo embarassing shit

Last edited:

reer

VIP
I get that war with Ethiopia was a popular sentiment, but I'd like really like to know the thinking behind why Barre thought the USSR would simply stand by and watch us invade a Communist Ethiopia, who at the time was the closest ally of the Soviet bloc without repercussions. It would be one thing if we were self sufficient and make do on our own, but when we relied so much on them, it's insane to me how they didn't factor what the USSR would do.
ethiopia was the western poster boy in the horn when we were signing friendship agreements with the ussr. severe underestimation of cadaans. waa hal caqli. russian or western or cuban. ha kala saarin.
castro was furious because he wanted a federation between somalia ethiopia south yemen. when he was even trying to negotiate between us there was no agreement on galbeed. mengistu said we will not give it back and siad barre said we want it back. by the time 77 arrived relations were already going south with the ussr inta la gaarin the invasion.

tldr; siad barre underestimated the ussr and cubans and castro underestimated the feelings of anger from somalis.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Daahir Riyaale ayaa uu diiday Isaaq inuu uu tartamo xilka Madaxweynaha Somalia 2004kii

Trending

Latest posts