Lowkey diasporas

We always hear about diasporas from Uk, Usa, Canada and from scandinavian countries ( actually they are also lowkey but not that much). What about diasporas from Gulf countries ( UAE, Saudi arabia, etc ), diasporas from central Europe ( germany, france, italy) or from other african countries except kenya ( South africa, etc). How many there is, etc whats unique about them, their future prospects for example job employement. Im curious

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
according to wikipedia
33,900 Somalia

Somalis in Germany are citizens and residents of Germany who are of Somali descent. According to the Federal Statistical Office of Germany, as of 2016, there are a total 33,900 Somalia-born immigrants living in Germany. Of those, 7,985 individuals were granted asylum status.

Alluring

Sayonara
according to wikipedia
33,900 Somalia

Somalis in Germany are citizens and residents of Germany who are of Somali descent. According to the Federal Statistical Office of Germany, as of 2016, there are a total 33,900 Somalia-born immigrants living in Germany. Of those, 7,985 individuals were granted asylum status.
Weird. There are more somalis in Germany than Australia but I never hear from them.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1602790174272.png

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Weird. There are more somalis in Germany than Australia but I never hear from them.
true but im assuming its due to how friendlier germans are towards muslim then austrians pluss they don't have the largest media reach so like scandis they just live in their own bubble kkkkk

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Swiss. Also I'm going to say Germany. There aren't too many, but I'd say they're the most unproblematic of all the large Western countries. Back in 2016 I went to a town known for its yearly Xmas market. I ran into some late 40's Faarax being dragged around by his German wife. I spotted him in a sea of white faces and we locked eyes for a brief moment that felt like a lifetime. He looked at me like he was in trouble, like I caught him with his pants down. It was as if he was being hunted down by a previous litter of children that would one day show up on his doorstep.

I heard there are a lot of Eritreans in Switzerland.

Yes, they're all over big cities on the mainland

according to wikipedia
33,900 Somalia

Its mad how their is almost 34 thousand somalis living in germany but we don’t hear about them. I assume most of these people have arrived recently, in the last 5 years. There is not a lot somalis there who are 2nd generation.

Joliemademoiselle

A pious muslima.
How is diaspora there?? Whats unique about living in switzerland and living there as a somali?? I got distant relatives there

I lived in Belgium for 8 years then in Switzerland for 12 years, then in London now.
both Diaspora are the same in my opinion, more Djiboutians, they live in the french-speaking part, other Somalis live in the others part, they mostly know each other and marry each other. they mind their business.
but I feel like there isn't a lot of potential spouse because of the size of diaspora.

I lived in Belgium for 8 years then in Switzerland for 12 years, then in London now.
both Diaspora are the same in my opinion, more Djiboutians, they live in the french-speaking part, other Somalis live in the others part, they mostly know each other and marry each other. they mind their business.
but I feel like there isn't a lot of potential spouse because of the size of diaspora.

Thats interesting, how would you compare living in switzerland to london. Like whats the difference between the two??

Trending