Maxaa looga jeedaa

waaay waaay

Ma jaboo ha dhiman baa
Ma aakhiro u jeedaa

Ma jannadii Firdawsoo
Jidkeedii la helay baa

Ka jawaabay aniguye
Maxaa loola jeedaa?

Does anyone know who wrote the song? Not the performer but the person who wrote the lyrics?

S

Shamis

I messed up the lyrics :-( Ma aakhira u jiidaa and and Jirrab iyo xanuun yahey. The second part of the song is Jiin yahey/jirra iyo xanuun yahey.

Ma sariirta jiif baa
Ma haraad la joog baa
Ma Jowharad hilaacdoo
Indha diiranaysaa?

Caku aragtidaadii
Sow caashaq ima helin
Misna cudur xanuuniyo
Sow ciil imuu badin

Anfacada la cuno iyo
Sow ceeshkii kama go'in
Cabitaanba daayoo
Cunahaba ma mariyee

Inuu caashaq halis yahay
Calafkuna wax jira yahay
Caawaba anaa qiray e
Adiguna Shamsa ceeblaay
Cudurka mayla qabtaa
Calanka mayla sidaa
Calafka mayla sugtaa?

Mise kumaan cajabin
Ani kuumaan cuntamin
Cidlaan keli heesayaa?

:mjpls:

And sorry (I've just realized you've asked a question), I couldn't find the writer of that Beer-dilaacshe (RIP) song on the net. The problem is, even those young singers who make renewed versions of old songs hardly give credit to the original singers nor the writers. Sheekadu waa hala wada waasho. If you personally do not know the writer of specific lyrics and there's no source to check who the original writer was then it's as yours as it's every other person's. Sorry but that's the reality of copyrights and intellectual property ownership within Somalis today.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Nice song Shamis.

This is my all time calcaal Somali song.

adduun nuqul ku doogsaday
rahuna nawda soo gudhay
naf yaruhu wax quudhsaday
raganimooy ninkaagii
nacasnimo maxaa baday
nabsigiyo ayaankow
xageebaad ku nooshihiin
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr

adduun raysku nool yahay
naruurada dhigeen qabo
naxli inaan ku sii bado
adoo noolse caashaqa
markaan hibasho nuuxsado
naftu way igu diidaa
nabad iyo nas iladaa
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr

nool u quudhi waagiyo
nacs igu ambadda iyo
nin la duufsanaayiyo
nacab iyo warxumo iyo
dadka intaydu nabad tihiin
nafta kuwa aan la qaybsado
naqdigaan ku haystaye
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr.

Idoley, I would like to hear you reading the lyrics of that song. I am sure your Somali is crap and reading such semi-tough lyrics would take you for ages to read it. I dare you.

:mjpls:

Q

Queen Carawelo

:damn:

Somalispotter: what's with the qarxis? I can assure you I read afsomali like a somali professor who got his degree from Ukraine in the 70s.:denzelnigga:

S

Shamis

I love that song SS - makes me cry every time:frdfvsb: Do Somalis love each other like they used to in those days? Jaceyl has been destroyed by this war.

I love this performance:

And sorry (I've just realized you've asked a question), I couldn't find the writer of that Beer-dilaacshe (RIP) song on the net. The problem is, even those young singers who make renewed versions of old songs hardly give credit to the original singers nor the writers. Sheekadu waa hala wada waasho. If you personally do not know the writer of specific lyrics and there's no source to check who the original writer was then it's as yours as it's every other person's. Sorry but that's the reality of copyrights and intellectual property ownership within Somalis today.

The writers are poets and they should have their intellectual copyright respected. I was hoping that it would be out there because the song is from Waaberi days and most of those writers were well known at the time.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Odeyahow I'm curious as to what you sound like. Both you and idol do a vocoroo.

My iPad or phone won't let me do vocaroo. I've to record and upload the footage.

Omg I'm going to do a read afsomali challenge topic tonight.,who's up?

S

Shamis

Nice song Shamis.

This is my all time calcaal Somali song.

adduun nuqul ku doogsaday
rahuna nawda soo gudhay
naf yaruhu wax quudhsaday
raganimooy ninkaagii
nacasnimo maxaa baday
nabsigiyo ayaankow
xageebaad ku nooshihiin
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr

adduun raysku nool yahay
naruurada dhigeen qabo
naxli inaan ku sii bado
adoo noolse caashaqa
markaan hibasho nuuxsado
naftu way igu diidaa
nabad iyo nas iladaa
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr

nool u quudhi waagiyo
nacs igu ambadda iyo
nin la duufsanaayiyo
nacab iyo warxumo iyo
dadka intaydu nabad tihiin
nafta kuwa aan la qaybsado
naqdigaan ku haystaye
hadii aan ku naawilay
haa igabin nasiibow
ileen jacaylku waa nabar
waa nudub calooleed
oo lagama nuuxsado
alahayow na nabad gali
naska iyo naruurada
nimcadaada nagu dhawr.

Beautiful, thanks! Just out of curiosity - did you jot the lyrics down yourself?

I love that song SS - makes me cry every time:frdfvsb: Do Somalis love each other like they used to in those days? Jaceyl has been destroyed by this war.

The writers are poets and they should have their intellectual copyright respected. I was hoping that it would be out there because the song is from Waaberi days and most of those writers were well known at the time.

In theory, yeah, their intellectual copyright should be respected but in reality we all know how that is working out. lol

Forget about the good old, real, classical writers (whom most of them even passed away now), there are some so-called lyricists, as well as singers, who constantly, not only use other living writers and singers' songs, but also claim to have written the lyrics of other writers etc.

Fowdada siyaasadda iyo dhulka keliya kuma ekaan ee xitaa heesaha iyo suugaantaan isku heysanaa, unfortunately. lol

My iPad or phone won't let me do vocaroo. I've to record and upload the footage.

Omg I'm going to do a read afsomali challenge topic tonight.,who's up?

If your iPad or phone doesn't let you do vocaroo then how are you going to do a 'read Af Soomaali' challenge, blondey? lol

Q

Queen Carawelo

So you can do it for the other one too so thanks for shooting yourself in the lug. Go ahead and record yourself reading those Sahra Ahmed lyrics and I'll do the same. lol
Shooting my what?

I said I will do it tonight. I will make a separate topic for Afsomali challenge.

You or anything other culprits better not steal my idea.

S

Shamis

In theory, yeah, their intellectual copyright should be respected but in reality we all know how that is working out. lol

Forget about the good old, real, classical writers (whom most of them even passed away now), there are some so-called lyricists, as well as singers, who constantly, not only use other living writers and singers' songs, but also claim to have written the lyrics of other writers etc.

Fowdada siyaasadda iyo dhulka keliya kuma ekaan ee xitaa heesaha iyo suugaantaan isku heysanaa, unfortunately. lol

:drakelaugh:Funny if it wasn't so sad. We need Somali singers to sign up to record companies to stop this thieving. Anyone who isn't signed will get their video taken down from youtube and won't be invited to perform at riwaayadaha.

@Idol You'll get there little sis - if you can feel the tune you're halfway there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending