Long-lost Somali elephant shrew found in Horn of Africa | AFP

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
It should be illegal to use the name elephant in the name of any animal that's not an elephant.
:bell:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
That's really nice. I like Elephant shrews. From what I know there are two types of Elephant shrews in Somali lands. The Somali Rufous Sengi and The Somali Sengi.
The Somali Rufous Sengi:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Somali Sengi:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Elephant shrew is called "Tig" in Af-Somali? Or maybe I'm mixing it with the lesser Egyptian Jerboa(It kinda looks like the kangaroo rat, mostly lives in the Guban region)

In South/central Somalia they call it Wala Sandheer. Sandheer gartaye, but I have no clue what wala or walawala means. Maybe it's Af-Maay?

The Somali Rufous Sengi mostly lives in bushes in sandy soils whilst the Somali Sengi's habitat is mostly in rocky terrains.

The Somali Sengi was one of the 25 most wanted lost species:

ReerGarissa

Your feet look like two sacks of shit
Who knew they were “lost” because I have seen plenty of them in the wilds in Garissa county.

Also I think “Tig” is Dik which is a small type of dear. It looks like a bigger version of this shrew but with a normal nose

ReerGarissa

Your feet look like two sacks of shit
A few years ago they found a “rare white giraffe”. But it was there all along. Maybe many of them

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Also I think “Tig” is Dik which is a small type of dear. It looks like a bigger version of this shrew but with a normal nose
Dik-dik is Sakaaro/Sagaaro.

Tig is definitely a type of a desert rodent.

And Elephant shrew is called Walo or wala-sandheere.

I tried googling a little. Found this page:

26. Tig, 27. Walo, 28. Jiir(dooli in southern Somalia) etc. all fall under the Xamaraato category(which is actually wrong because rodents and shrews are not reptiles, but oh well)

Also, this:

Trending

Latest posts