Local Somali trading in Xamarweyn market -1883 Mogadishu

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I was just getting started on Somali history when I was cooking @HabarSteven12 in the good old days :drakelaugh:
I swear but currently the puntite.historian vs negus.kaleb tiktok beef is crazy that guy keeps getting cooked and they don't even bother making debunk tiktoks they just debunk the guy in the comments 💀

Aseer

VIP
Somali sultans did wear a different variant of thobe but ever other Somali wore two sheets the reason why we are called Lamagoodle is because of those two sheets.The two white sheets was what an average Somali male wore had nothing to do with money it was part of their culture.
Just call it reer magaal clothes and reer baadiyo clothes.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
I swear but currently the puntite.historian vs negus.kaleb tiktok beef is crazy that guy keeps getting cooked and they don't even bother making debunk tiktoks they just debunk the guy in the comments 💀
Omg I know Punite historian

Aseer

VIP
Omg I know Punite historian
Yeah and those other accounts like noble j-word and stuff their tiktoks are too nice I always have nice chuckles watching them debunk hoteps or ethiopians :russ:

Aseer

VIP
@Wonyluvr pre ramadan they were crazy the exposing tiktoks they were whipping out on ethiopians actually made me feel sorry for the ethiopiams the heat was too much 💀 it was like @awsaleban667 posts on ethiopians but on steroids. :ftw9nwa:

Wonyluvr

VIP
@Wonyluvr pre ramadan they were crazy the exposing tiktoks they were whipping out on ethiopians actually made me feel sorry for the ethiopiams the heat was too much 💀 it was like @awsaleban667 posts on ethiopians but ok steroids.
YOU FEELING SORRY FOR ETHIOPIANS ??????!!!IVE HEARD IT ALL. awsalebans posts make me gasp can believe there’s people who who are wilder than him

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Kkkk I remember them two beefing and even trying to dox each other when I had my troll account on tiktok 😂😂

I was debunking them in those comments sections you probably would've saw me

Somali sultans did wear a different variant of thobe but ever other Somali wore two sheets the reason why we are called Lamagoodle is because of those two sheets.The two white sheets was what an average Somali male wore had nothing to do with money it was part of their culture.
Maarkani or the two sheets may have had cultural origins, but it had everything to do with money, and dress was far more varied. Not everyone wore the same clothes; sewn macawis and khamis were also common. Even salwars or pants and shirts were there prior to colonization and worn. The idea of boiling Somali culture down to the same few narratives is very limiting. It's the same as saying all Somalis were nomads and only nomads, negating city dwellers, farmers, fishers, merchants, as also being Somali

Aseer

VIP
YOU FEELING SORRY FOR ETHIOPIANS ??????!!!IVE HEARD IT ALL. awsalebans posts make me gasp can believe there’s people who who are wilder than him
On God one of the tiktoks was about the ethiopians that defecated in streets and their women yk what by MONKEYS honestly if I was ethiopian and saw that I would self delete 💀. The comment section was wild the ethiopians were just blabbering trying everything to waffle their way out 💀 the tiktok got deleted since it's ramadan though they are dormant for now...

Wonyluvr

VIP
Maarkani or the two sheets may have had cultural origins, but it had everything to do with money, and dress was far more varied. Not everyone wore the same clothes; sewn macawis and khamis were also common. Even salwars or pants and shirts were there prior to colonization and worn. The idea of boiling Somali culture down to the same few narratives is very limiting. It's the same as saying all Somalis were nomads and only nomads, negating city dwellers, farmers, fishers, merchants, as also being Somali
maybe maybe.All the old pictures of Somali men and illustrations that I’ve seen from the 19th century have all been wearing 2 sheets/Maarkani and sultans/nobles wearing different version of thobes.

Trending

Latest posts