Live Stream Election: Kenya 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer
I thought that map looked familiar but using a map from the time TPLF were first fight to free Tigray most especially as an example of how the future will look feeds people fear that this government is out to support one group of people above others.
Why. Are you even bringing Eritrea it to this, their independce is not up for debate. It's already been decided, what is up for debate is Asbe only. I could careless what the rest of Eritrea does.

In addition the problem with this map is the last statement you made. Historical claim to land leads to nothing but bloodshed. You more niave then I am if you think if this map can be done through constitution and good old democracy. Current. Federalism came to be at a time of the information era with a generation of Oromo children learning the current map as the only one they know. So yeah you have more the redrawing a map on your hands.

Do you really think people forgot about the historical regions of Ethiopia just because the tplf installed these ethnic states? The historical regions will be installed eventually, its the only way to end these manufactured ethnic division we are currently seeing. The tplf most definitely does not represent Ethiopians or even Tigrayans. I'm Tigrayan and I can easily admit it. They will eventually be replaced by a comprehensive party in the coming years.

You think Oromos get to claim land that has historically been held by other ethnicities while everyone else has to watch? I'm not talking about land that was historically habesha but also the land that belongs to the gurage, sidama, hadiya, harari, and so on. I see your bias is showing when it comes to them...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromo_migrations

Assab is definitely a priority, but so is uniting our misguided Eritreans. If they chose to remain independent then so be it.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Prefer

Do you really think people forgot about the historical regions of Ethiopia just because the tplf installed these ethnic states? The historical regions will be installed eventually, its the only way to end these manufactured ethnic division we are currently seeing. The tplf most definitely does not represent Ethiopians or even Tigrayans. I'm Tigrayan and I can easily admit it. They will eventually be replaced by a comprehensive party in the coming years.

You think Oromos get to claim land that has historically been held by other ethnicities while everyone else has to watch? I'm not talking about land that was historically habesha but also the land that belongs to the gurage, sidama, hadiya, harari, and so on. I see your bias is showing when it comes to them...https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromo_migrations

Assab is definitely a priority, but so is uniting our misguided Eritreans. If they chose to remain independent then so be it.

so wat do u propose smarty pants?:trumpsmirk: would u like to see the oromo, afar, somali regions revoked and named hararghe so that some menelik descendant can govern the region again:dead: oromos are more native to ethiopia then amhara parasites, this is why the tplf have given their full support to the oromo people. amharas are the enemy of east africa. next time link the menelik migrations instead of the oromo migrations.

Prefer

It's not bias it's common sense. The TPLF has done nothing but tell a whole generation how much of a victim they are because of Menilik so any historical claim from before his time will be seen as Amhara exerting influence even if the people wanting land back are gurage or sidama and things will get ugly fast. I know it a touchy subject which is why any regression to the time before TPLF will be see as "imperialism".

I hope you don't take offence here but one time we had a family friend come visit from Ethiopia and this was during the height of the protest, and he opens my eyes to the way things are in on the ground. He was Tigrayan, he affiliated with the government but does not work for them directly. When we brought up the protest during a discussion he told us the way Tigrayan people feeling toward the Amhara and floored everyone. We had no idea they they have been carrying a chip on there shoulder since the fall of Axum. Apparently the sphere of influence moving from Axum to Gonder is still a sore spot for some. I mean it's been like few hundred years, he was not over it and according to him so are many Tigrayans.

Can you imagine trying to apply logic to people with this kinda of mentality? Ethiopia is being lead by a bunch of angry men, holding on to hundred years old grudges. I mean this man was highly educated working at a top NGO in a managing capacity and his scorched earth mentality toward any REAL reform left me despondent on the future change in the country. I am not saying that that is how all Tigrayans feel but definitely the people in power have this "it us or nothing" attitude. which is why i am unwilling to engage in armed conflict with the current government, even hypothetical one.

Anyways i don't know why your so insistent with reuniting with our Italian cousins:lolbron: (Eritreans)? They have moved on we should too.

It's not bias it's common sense. The TPLF has done nothing but tell a whole generation how much of a victim they are because of Menilik so any historical claim from before his time will be seen as Amhara exerting influence even if the people wanting land back are gurage or sidama and things will get ugly fast. I know it a touchy subject which is why any regression to the time before TPLF will be see as "imperialism".

I hope you don't take offence here but one time we had a family friend come visit from Ethiopia and this was during the height of the protest, and he opens my eyes to the way things are in on the ground. He was Tigrayan, he affiliated with the government but does not work for them directly. When we brought up the protest during a discussion he told us the way Tigrayan people feeling toward the Amhara and floored everyone. We had no idea they they have been carrying a chip on there shoulder since the fall of Axum. Apparently the sphere of influence moving from Axum to Gonder is still a sore spot for some. I mean it's been like few hundred years, he was not over it and according to him so are many Tigrayans.

Can you imagine trying to apply logic to people with this kinda of mentality? Ethiopia is being lead by a bunch of angry men, holding on to hundred years old grudges. I mean this man was highly educated working at a top NGO in a managing capacity and his scorched earth mentality toward any REAL reform left me despondent on the future change in the country. I am not saying that that is how all Tigrayans feel but definitely the people in power have this "it us or nothing" attitude. which is why i am unwilling to engage in armed conflict with the current government, even hypothetical one.

Anyways i don't know why your so insistent with reuniting with our Italian cousins:lolbron: (Eritreans)? They have moved on we should too.
:samwelcome::siilaanyolaugh: amhaaras are finished for good in Ethiopia, they have no alliances, it's game over, you've been humiliated badly:lolbron:

:samwelcome::siilaanyolaugh: amhaaras are finished for good in Ethiopia, they have no alliances, it's game over, you've been humiliated badly:lolbron:

giphy.gif

This is how i imagine you every time lol.

Don't get too excited though. what you did not notice in that story is that he is a family friend, which means any hatred for a group as a whole is tempered by relationship like ours. In the end we are not isolated groups we interact , intermarry and make marry so we will be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending