Letter of Tansar - 3rd century Persian Text Mentioning Somalis

Pretty much describes the same land areas that the Greco-Romans talked about. Inter-connected city states stretching from North - South inhabited by the same groups of peoples.

Last edited:
More proof that Somalis are black lol

Somalis also called Black Moors or Black Berbers
The translation most likely isn't literal, they are "black" (dark) from the point of observation/lens of the Persian who wrote this but that Persian would still distinguish them from niger-congoids. These achievements/discoveries should be given only to ethnic Somalis, that's the whole point of finding these sources, to disprove all this misinformation about Somali history & to stop foreigners from psyoping+claiming it for the past thousands years lol

Beside this tiresome argument;
Race =/= skin color

Last edited:
The translation most likely isn't literal, they are "black" (dark) from the point of observation/lens of the Persian who wrote this but that Persian would still distinguish them from niger-congoids. These achievements/discoveries should be given only to ethnic Somalis, that's the whole point of finding these sources, to disprove all this misinformation about Somali history & to stop foreigners from psyoping+claiming it for the past thousands years lol

Race =/= skin color
All it said was Land of Blacks from Africa to Dark Skin Dravidian India

Race =/= skin color
The fact that they said Berbers should discount anything else. If they explicitly said those Black people of the whole continent were the same, then that would be something else.

But black was not a racial term as it is applied today in the Americas. I have seen foolish people quote the Prophet (PBUH) about the use of "black" to desperately strengthen, seeking to legitimize the racial attitudes constructed in America a millennium after, not understanding it was only used to denote skin color to generalize and not as a placeholder for race. It's the level of lowlife argumentation we're dealing with, lying in the Prophet's (PBUH) name as well.

A person can hate dark-skinned people without knowing anything about Western-made racial categorization. And that is what the Prophet (PBUH) was speaking against, basically saying any phenotype, wherever you're from, is irrelevant but virtue when it comes to the standing of an individual. It is also perverse how people desperate to fit into racial categories use the Prophet's (PBUH) quotes, which explicitly were used for the emphasis to warn and dissuade people from making jahil lies, interpreting them with the same jahil qualities. Because racial history and construction are from its inception hierarchal, "Blacks" as used by the West were seen as an inferior and less developed "race," and those early Darwinists thought the Blacks were closer to apes. It was one of the reasons the colonialists felt justified to colonize since it was an act of mercy and elevation for the less evolved Black savages. I am not talking about Blacks used before the colonialist period, as you had very different attitudes toward "Black" people in the times of Romans, Greeks, and Asians before the transatlantic slave trade and European racial ideology based on social Darwinism.

They also go further and say the use of generalization by the Prophet (PBUH) of "Black" people in one category must mean that all dark-skinned people are the same... This is the level of dishonesty and weird framing we're dealing with. They would also call the Prophet (PBUH) ignorant since it would be a false assertion because it is objectively wrong to say that all Black people are the same people or belong to a racially same grouping.

If you want to call yourself "black" -- do that. All I am saying is to not lie about it and stop going into Islam to justify that ignorant position.

I don't even have an issue with the term black, but I have a problem with pretending that it is anything but an ideology of the current, crafting the notion that it is an identity we're born and raised with as Africans when it is not. It's an adopted social influence, which makes sense in some Western countries because of the race-based history of the people in those nations, and there is no problem with that in those contexts. Don't lie about it, is what I am saying. Stop these pathetic attempts.

Garaad diinle

 
There was a lot of trade between various dynasts in modern day iran and the somail coast, we've been able to find archaeological evidence of this, what we really need now is writing accounts of these trades. I recall something interesting i once read in regards trade relations between the somali coast and persians. In iran there is an inscription called the paikuli inscription writing in the early 4th century ad by the sasanian king shah narseh. It contain an account of a king in what seems to be northern or eastern somali coast.

nynsEBy.jpeg

Here you can see an ever increasing interest in trade with the african coast. Later on ferdowsi in his book shahnameh a book about the history of persia that contain information from older persian literature mention the land of barbars. I'm sure there must be more such accounts but i can't read farsi which makes it more tricky to get our hands on some of these info.

Last edited:
There was a lot of trade between various dynasts in modern day iran and the somail coast, we've been able to find archaeological evidence of this, what we really need now is writing accounts of these trades. I recall something interesting i once read in regards trade relations between the somali coast and persians. In iran there is an inscription called the paikuli inscription writing in the early 4th century ad by the sasanian king shah narseh. It contain an account of a king in what seems to be northern or eastern somali coast.

nynsEBy.jpeg

Here you can see an ever increasing interest in trade with the african coast. Later on ferdowsi in his book shahnameh a book about the history of persia that contain information from older persian literature mention the land of barbars. I'm sure there must be more such accounts but i can't read farsi which makes it more tricky to get our hands on some of these info.
This agrees with the archeology that shows that Somalis had high purchasing power and the population was pretty large:
1706656020317.png

It describes the geography of the northern Somali coast:
1706656768159.png

Desert, mountain, and sea. It's like my backyard.

Take note of how the Somalis are described as formidable and notably more wealthy than the rest since the crown is mentioned, only used for symbolic expression.

Garaad diinle

 
This agrees with the archeology that shows that Somalis had high purchasing power and the population was pretty large:
View attachment 313614
It describes the geography of the northern Somali coast:
View attachment 313624

Desert, mountain, and sea. It's like my backyard.

Take note of how the Somalis are described as formidable and notably more wealthy than the rest since the crown is mentioned, only used for symbolic expression.
Now that you've mentioned this i seem to recall what these very same persians told the chinese merchants about the northern somali coast. Their account alien with your theory of a rich, powerful and prosperous region.

NjhzNIj.png

We might be looking at a dark age period on the northern somali coast.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Now that you've mentioned this i seem to recall what these very same persians told the chinese merchants about the northern somali coast. Their account alien with your theory of a rich, powerful and prosperous region.

NjhzNIj.png

Roman Empire had just collapsed and was replaced by the Christian Byzantine Empire. The main market for Somali incense exports to pagan temples in Egypt, Rome and the Levant had disappeared. Our ancestors had to adapt, and I reckon many of the early Periplus trading hubs perished in that period of transitioning to new commodities, a new religion and new markets in the Islamic world and China. The period between the 5th and 9th centuries is a black hole that could be reconstructed through archaeology.

NjhzNIj.png

When was this

The term berbers itself is ambiguous and inconclusive. We don't know for certain who exactly it refers to all the time. The word Berber is not a synonym for Somali. There is not a single mention of Persians trading with Somalis in that text. Somalis really need to study the origins of the word berber.

The term berbers itself is ambiguous and inconclusive. We don't know for certain who exactly it refers to all the time. The word Berber is not a synonym for Somali. There is not a single mention of Persians trading with Somalis in that text. Somalis really need to study the origins of the word berber.
More of your coping, don't you ever get tired of being disingenuous & wrong?

You claim the term is ambiguous but it isn't. When you look at the usage of the word in certain areas and within the context, there is a clear delineation that separates it from the actual Berbers of North Africa & Arabs. There are several sources that state the obvious, e.g; ethnic somalis = dark skinned berberoid who have inhabited these city states for millennia. They DID trade with Greco-Romans and Persians by both these groups own accounts. They dwelled in the cities and were also pastoralists, infact the Spanish team who was exvacting the Northern region stated that many of the things they found lead to a hybrid society which was nomadic in nature but still a settled civilzation.

Here is an entire thread talking about the description of the Inhabitants of the Southern city states, including their skin color, diet, customs etc. from multiple sources which includes arabs, europeans and persias, They are almost identincal in description to the ones in the Northern city states.. Credit to GaradMatan & Capefreak for combining cumulating all these primary sources.

also, just a reminder that this is just the tip of the iceberg and more documents will be translated in the future. There will also aDNA and paternal markers studies from all over the HOA. We may even see Tombs from North to South and Galbeed will be opened (which some groups are afraid of for some reason). There are apparently research groups people in Djbouti who already working on bronze age sites and I do not doubt that they've came across a few settlements from antiquity or the medieval period.

Last edited:

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘

A couple of interesting things I would like to point out that caught my eye in the Shahnameh
IMG_4325.jpeg

The war between Persia and Barbar (Somalia), Hamavaran (Yemen) and Misr (Egypt) was a navy battle at sea and they intriguingly referred to Barbar as a “state” it also talks about Barbar’s “monarch” so it’s likely that the city-states were once united under one kingdom with a common king.
IMG_4327.jpeg

It also talks about how the Berbers used war elephants in their wars, it seems in Northeast Africa there was a common tradition to use war elephants in battle as shown by the Axumites and their wars in Arabia or Nubia and its successor states using them in many battles.

IMG_4326.jpeg

However the most fascinating part of what I found is that this war happened around October to April, which is exactly the same time that the Berbera annual fair which gathered all of the merchants and caravans of the Somali peninsula to Berbera along with Arab and Indian traders for trade, which seems to be a common tradition in the north for over a millennia. @Garaad diinle, @Khaemwaset, @Three Moons, @The alchemist, @Shimbiris @Midas, @Idilinaa

Last edited:

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
A couple of interesting things I would like to point out that caught my eye in the Shahnameh
View attachment 323734
The war between Persia and Barbar (Somalia), Hamavaran (Yemen) and Misr (Egypt) was a navy battle at sea and they intriguingly referred to Barbar as a “state” it also talks about Barbar’s “monarch” so it’s likely that the city-states were once united under one kingdom with a common king.View attachment 323735
It also talks about how the Berbers used war elephants in their wars, it seems in Northeast Africa there was a common tradition to use war elephants in battle as shown by the Axumites and their wars in Arabia or Nubia and its successor states using them in many battles.

View attachment 323739
However the most fascinating part of what I found is that this war happened around October to April, which is exactly the same time that the Berbera annual fair which gathered all of the merchants and caravans of the Somali peninsula to Berbera along with Arab and Indian traders for trade, which seems to be a common tradition in the north for over a millennia. @Garaad diinle, @Khaemwaset, @Three Moons, @The alchemist, @Shimbiris @Midas, @Idilinaa
The Chinese also talked about Somalia being an independent country with over 200,000 soldiers