Let's talk about Islam and religion. Do we need reformation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The more I study the universe or Allah creation I see a clear pattern, 'CONSTANT CHANGE' and if the Muslims are saying change is not allowed, it simply goes against everything he created cuz the only real truth is change, nothing in creation stays the same yet as humans we are expected to the remain the same in our thinking and interpretations of Islam? I don't think so, I do not share the same views of god with these people!!!

As we develop more and know more we must change, not remain stagnant. The capacity of a person in the 7th century was far limited to what we have today, I expect to see an Islam that is radically different even in the 25th century as people become more and more intelligent. Just like a baby, you teach them at the level they understand, as they get older you teach them more harder. But these clowns want us to be taught at the same level of babies with no respect to the baby changing in intellectual capacity as they grow!!!

Muslims used to own slaves. They don't any more. Muslims used to pray toward Jerusalem. They don't any more. Muslims used to be against pictures, but they don't any more - we all have driver's licenses and passports. Muslims used to be against living among the kuffar, but now they risk their lives on the high seas to get into Western countries. Looks like Islamic interpretations are changing all the time to meet changing circumstances. And that's how it should be.

Ijtihad is a big part of Islam. All customs and institutions are time bound. If they can no longer meet the needs of the age, they need to be replaced with ones that do.

In today's age, that means we have to get behind freedom, equality, tolerance, human rights, and secularism for all. This is precisely what most Muslim countries are doing. Theocrats and extremists who support medieval laws are behind bars in many countries just like their guru Ibn Taymiyyah was. It will stay that way.
They are spreading the religion

The more I study the universe or Allah creation I see a clear pattern, 'CONSTANT CHANGE' and if the Muslims are saying change is not allowed, it simply goes against everything he created cuz the only real truth is change, nothing in creation stays the same yet as humans we are expected to the remain the same in our thinking and interpretations of Islam? I don't think so, I do not share the same views of god with these people!!!
Allah Yahdika , you lost

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Allah Yahdika , you lost

I might be lost, I don't say I have the answers but I sure know when something is bullshit also!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Mohsin, Your view of religion is trapping people into one classroom forever regardless how much intellectually superior humans become over the course of time. Your idea is basically teaching one way forever like teaching everyone no point beyond year 1 class. I am saying the classes will change as time goes on, islam started as year 1 subject but as time goes on those classes should get more intelligent and sophisticated and their understanding of islam should change and be even better then the year 1 subject.

Does it matter in the end? not really each class will be judged according to their capacity, time period, and tools. I can't be judged the same way as someone 1000 years after me as they have different capacities, tools, intelligence then I was equipped with. God will judge me based on my conditions, effort, and intelligence. However that generation 1000 years after me will need to do the same and continue changing as their knowledge increases and if their not, it's very problematic.

I honestly feel god will probably send most of the people in our generation to hell for not choosing to develop further even though we have more at our fingertip then previous classes before us!!! The quran says it won't change but it never says our intelligence or knowledge of it won't.

It's very problematic to say someone in the 21st century who has far more advantages then someone in the 7th century must read and understand the quran in the same way!!! it's like saying a person in year 12 will read and understand year 1 subject the same way. Just because we don't read it the same way or understand it the same doesn't mean one has to be right or wrong, we must account for the fact their is different tools, intelligence, knowledge difference to explain why both don't need to be the same.

Are we going to say a year 1 student is wrong even though they are equipped at that capacity at that age compared to a year 12 student who reads the same book? the year 12 student will be able to take those simple subjects and apply it so much higher then a year 1 student because of the intelligence difference and the fact the year 12 student has had more time to see a-lot more of life then a year 1 student!!! This doesn't mean anyone is wrong, the year 1 student is at their capacity and will be dealt with as such and the year 12 at their capacity and will be dealt with the same. It's all relative!!!

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is an interesting matter. The prophet being the best of mankind can only resonate with me is he was the best in his time period which may never be matched. The question people have alot of trouble with regarding change is they feel they will insult god and the prophet saying they know more. But once they understand that god judgement is relative to your time period, no1 is really better then the prophet, we simply have time on our hands 1400 years more then he did just that simple fact alone will cause a difference immediately as we have more to look back on and more passed on to us then he did. Just the mere fact I have 1400 years on him, I can look back on far more data, knowledge, and so forth. So the simple time advantage is already a key decider why my knowledge and the prophet will never be the same, it simply can't as I have more to look over on throughout history then he ever did.

But we also now have better access such as globalism where information and data is a fingertip away, that wasn't possible in the 7th century. Not to mention tools and equipment we have today are far superior.

So I honestly believe when it says prophet is the best among us and we must seek his guidance, it's referring to the fact look at how he was the best in his time period and make use of our time period similar to how much he did. Some of the radical changes he put in the 7th century is very remarkable. Uniting people into a nation that share no racial, language, culture, and even religion is not an easy feat to achieve. We still haven't achieved that with all our borders and nonsensical divides like race, religion, language, tribe, wealth class, etc.

Women might be a-lot more free today compared to back in hist time but if you examine it relatively to his time period the change he introduced compared to the change we did in our time period it's nowhere even close. He came from a back-drop where women were nothing but mere property at best, we didn't come from that background with the Enlightenment era. Women were slowly adding their rights over time not in 1 big wack like what happened in the 7th century and the backdrop he was in.

So if we compare who did the biggest impact on human history, he will clearly be up there on the top regardless how small it may appear to us today because it wasn't small in his time. It's like uniting the whole world today with one leader that is something comparable to the sort of change he introduced in his time period. So I honestly do believe he is the best among us if we look at things 'relatively' based on time period but if we look at literally by comparing apples to apples that's where people get confused. You can't compare anything unless u analyze the backdrop conditions of the time period, the change instigated and how big it was relative to it's time period and then look at your condition and what sort of change would match it hence it's all relative and dependable not fixed and literal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending