Let's talk about Islam and religion. Do we need reformation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horta, I believe in Allah and his messager. I love Allah to death.

However I think it's time we need to start reforming the religion.

Islam hasn't been updated since the 7th century. It's 2017, almost 2018 and we are in the modern age.

Islam is living in the past at the moment. It calls for death for kafirs, gays, people who commit zina, allows slavery. There are "modern" muslims who say they follow Islam but they're friends with kafirs, commit (or committed zina), drink, or have shit ton of debt. The teaching of islam is contradicting with modern muslims lifestyle. So.....

It's up to us modern muslims to update the Quran and islam a little bit. It needs to be reformed to the point that human rights are valued.

Christianity went thru reformation, the same thing should happen to Islam.

Last edited:
Horta, I believe in Allah and his messager. I love Allah to death.

However I think it's time we need to start reforming the religion.

Islam hasn't been updated since the 7th century. It's 2017, almost 2018 and we are in the modern age.

Islam is living in the past at the moment. It calls for death for kafirs, gays, people who commit zina, allows slavery. There are "modern" muslims who say they follow Islam but they're friends with kafirs, commit (or committed zina), drink, or have shit ton of debt. The teaching of islam is contradicting with modern muslims lifestyle. So.....

However, us modern muslims need to update the Quran and islam a little bit. It needs to be reformed to the point that human rights are valued.

Christianity went thru reformation, the same thing should happen to Islam.
So are you insinuating that an almighty being, the controller of the cosmos, the most omniscient, didn't have enough foresight to predict how the times would change. Wake up and smell the coffee that it is all fabrications.... It is manmade.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
@Lsma

Reform kulaha

:nahgirl:

If you REALLY loved Allah and you are a believer, then you would not want to change even one letter in the Holy Qur'an.

This is complete and utter nonsense.

So are you insinuating that an almighty being, the controller of the cosmos, the most omniscient, didn't have enough foresight to predict how the times would change. Wake up and smell the coffee that it is all fabrications.... It is manmade.

Thats your opinion. However some of us still have hope in the religion but we just want it modified to modern standards.

We no longer live in the 7th century.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon

May Allah SWT guide you to the Siratul Mustaqim

Ameen.

If you love Allah, then why do you need to change his words? People have chosen to transgress and cross the limits of what isnt allowed, that doesn't mean u should normalize it. The Quran will never be changed. Accept it or leave it, nothing in between.

i think islam is fine the way it is, but if one thing i would love to change, is more right and freedom for the females of our ummah... after all we all have mothers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thats your opinion. However some of us still have hope in the religion but we just want it modified to modern standards.

We no longer live in the 7th century.
Here is a nugget. Is the religion defined by humans or God? If the religion can be infinitesimally changed over a period of time, say over 1000 years. Are the parameters of your faith truly dictated by a God or humans? Modifying religious texts is more or less negating ones faith for a religion. You can more or less say that you have no faith.

i think islam is fine the way it is, but if one thing i would love to change, is more right and freedom for the females of our ummah... after all we all have mothers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Brother you are committing shirk. dafuq?? Even suggesting that you are unhappy with any aspect of the religion puts you out of the fold of Islam. :what1:

Brother you are committing shirk. dafuq?? Even suggesting that you are unhappy with any aspect of the religion puts you out of the fold of Islam. :what1:

brother, i have nothing against islam... like i said i don't want it too change, expect for allowing women more right..

brother, i have nothing against islam... like i said i don't want it too change, expect for allowing women more right..

don't fall for the propaganda sxb the problem lies with the people who mix their cawaan culture with the religion or pick and choose what to follow. Lest we forget, Islam was the first religion to give women their rights. Islam encourages us to raise our daughters well and educate them, tells us to be dutiful to our mothers with the hadith of paradise being under their feet, and the best man to walk on this lively earth, prophet Muhammad SAW, told us “I urge you to treat women well” (Bukhari).

What needs to change is people neglecting what Islam set aside for Women in areas of education and property. Those who do that are the ones that need a reformation in their hearts, not the religion that has been unaltered since the days of the prophet muhammad pbuh. It's inexcusable to change Allah words to make the people who drift away from the religion happy with their lives.

Reform kulaha you are gaal. quranku xoolu maxfuud ayuu ku qoran yahay Qurun yahow, Kuran is not like Bible Islam is not Christianity

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The whole reason Islam was sent down was as a confirmation of original Judiasm and Christianity,
and to counter their reformation/corruptions over the centuries.:nahgirl:

Attempting to reform it would be a ridiculous proposition.:stopit:

If you love Allah, then why do you need to change his words? People have chosen to transgress and cross the limits of what isnt allowed, that doesn't mean u should normalize it. The Quran will never be changed. Accept it or leave it, nothing in between.
According to a number of hadiths the Quran has been changed. A hadith by Aisha says there used to be a verse in the Quran about rajm (stoning), but a goat came into the prophet's house and ate the slip of paper on which it was written so that the ayah became lost, which is why stoning is no longer in the Quran:

"Narrated by Aisha: The verse of the stoning and of suckling an adult ten times were revealed, and they were (written) on a paper and kept under my bed. When the messenger of Allah expired and we were preoccupied with his death, a goat entered and ate away the paper."

- Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal

Another says a sheep ate it:

"It was narrated that 'Aishah said: “The Verse of stoning and of breastfeeding an adult ten times was revealed, and the paper was with me under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah died, we were preoccupied with his death, and a tame sheep came in and ate it.”

- Sunan Ibn Majah

This contradicts the Qur'an's assertion that Allah will protect his book, but guys like you believe in bogus hadiths that contradict the Quran, and yet you claim to defend it from reformers. The reformers are the hadith worshippers, not the people who support human rights.

The Quran has also been changed in other ways. The order in which it is compiled has been altered from the order in which it was revealed. The first Surah to be revealed to the prophet was suratul 'Alaq and the last surah to be revealed was Suratul Nasr, but the people who compiled the Quran made Surah al-Fatiha the first surah and Suratul Nas the last. Who gave them the right to change the sequence on which Allah's words were revealed?

If I took your comment and changed the sequence in which your sentences appeared, that would change the meaning of your comment, so why do it to the Quran? The biggest innovators are followers of man made hadiths.

The only hadiths that are legimitate are those that confirm what is in the Quran. Every other hadith in Bukhari, Muslim, Sunan Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, etc, are forgeries concocted by charlatans.

Muslims used to own slaves. They don't any more. Muslims used to pray toward Jerusalem. They don't any more. Muslims used to be against pictures, but they don't any more - we all have driver's licenses and passports. Muslims used to be against living among the kuffar, but now they risk their lives on the high seas to get into Western countries. Looks like Islamic interpretations are changing all the time to meet changing circumstances. And that's how it should be.

Ijtihad is a big part of Islam. All customs and institutions are time bound. If they can no longer meet the needs of the age, they need to be replaced with ones that do.

In today's age, that means we have to get behind freedom, equality, tolerance, human rights, and secularism for all. This is precisely what most Muslim countries are doing. Theocrats and extremists who support medieval laws are behind bars in many countries just like their guru Ibn Taymiyyah was. It will stay that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts