Lets revisit somali history: the case of bride kidnappings. are we all the products of rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World

VIP
Except, I never said anything about it being wrong or right.
Not adhering to the Shafi'i madhab doesn't make you gaal or above Islam.
"West, oppression, freedom" ..Lolwut?
Do you pick and choose what rulings to follow based on how close it is to feminism? You have to stick to one madhab only. Your post was insulting the rulings of the Shafi’i madhab.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
What a stupid thread. Somalis don't even do bridal kidnapping. 7 pages of anger for nothing.
:mjlol:

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Do you pick and choose what rulings to follow based on how close it is to feminism? You have to stick to one madhab only. Your post was insulting the rulings of the Shafi’i madhab.
Feminism baad ku khafiiftay instead of crying about what random Somali women do on the internet 24/7, go and learn about your own religion. There's nothing I hate more than a man bilaa camal, meelahaa ka nacnacleeya.

No one is obligated to adhere to one madhab. All the four imams and their followers stressed this so much. This basic Islam 101.
What Shafi'i R.A. said on his madhab:
‘’In every issue where the people of narration find a report from the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) to be sahih which is contrary to what I have said, then I take my saying back, whether during my life or after my death.’’[17]

‘’Every hadith on the authority of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) is also my view, even if you do not hear it from me.’’[18]

‘’For everything I say, if there is something authentic from the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) contrary to my saying, then the hadith of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) comes first, therefore do not taqlid of my opinion.’’[19]

‘’The sunnah of the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) reach, as well as escape from, every one of us. So whenever I voice my opinion, or formulate a principle, where something contrary to my view exists on the authority of the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) then the correct view is what the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) has stated, and it is my view.’’[20]

‘’The Muslims are unanimously agreed that if a sunnah of the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) is made clear to someone, it is not permitted for him to leave it for the saying of anyone else.’’[21]

‘’If you find in my book (writings) something different to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him), then speak on the basis of the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him), and leave what I have said.’’[22]

‘’When a hadith is found to be sahih (authentic), then that is my adopted position.’’[23]

What Ibn Taymiyah, a Shafi'i said
"..If the follower (of a madhab) decides to follow the view of an imam with regard to a particular matter which he thinks is better for his religious commitment or is more correct etc, that is permissible according to the majority of Muslim scholars, and neither Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al-Shaafa'i or Ahmad said that this was forbidden."
[Majmoo' al-Fataawa, 23/382]

This is a saheeh hadith from the prophet SAW on consent:
“The virgin should not be given in marriage until her permission has been sought.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6968; Muslim, 1419.

A lot of Shafi's like Ibn Taymiyah, Nawawi etc. hold this view as well.

I didn't insult Islam nor Shafi'i. I insulted the Somali culture which likes to pick and choose what to follow in Islam.:gunsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.