Lebanese family enslaved and totured a Ghanian domestic worker

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
"Faustina was a hardworking, ambitious woman who dreamt of pursuing her studies. She graduated from the Krobo Girls Senior High School but her pursuit of post secondary studies was hindered by the family’s economic situation. Her father is an electrician, and unwilling to burden him with the strain of putting her through university, she set up a small business selling noodles in the Ghanaian capital, Accra. As the reality of Ghana’s economic situation hit her, she decided to take a route many other Ghanaian women before her have taken, leading to Lebanon."

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Faustina was contracted to earn $200 monthly and was supposed to be paid at the end of every month, but her employers began delaying payments for two or three months at a time before paying her.
Faustina-Tay-Tortured-and-Murdered-by-Hussein-Dia-and-Family-of-Dia-Fashion-in-Lebanon.jpg

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is a real tragedy, a young girl 23 trying to support herself and family, was abused, tortured, enslaved and eventually killed. A lot of third world ppl go through this, even Somalis wallahi.

"Faustina was a hardworking, ambitious woman who dreamt of pursuing her studies. She graduated from the Krobo Girls Senior High School but her pursuit of post secondary studies was hindered by the family’s economic situation. Her father is an electrician, and unwilling to burden him with the strain of putting her through university, she set up a small business selling noodles in the Ghanaian capital, Accra. As the reality of Ghana’s economic situation hit her, she decided to take a route many other Ghanaian women before her have taken, leading to Lebanon."

Absolutely animals.. Scum of the earth :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

This is a real tragedy, a young girl 23 trying to support herself and family, was abused, tortured, enslaved and eventually killed. A lot of third world ppl go through this, even Somalis wallahi.
It was a very sad story and a tragic ending.. How come africans never learn of the faith of their predecessors and all together stop going to arab countries to take domestic worker jobs.. The African countries should ban arab agencies who recruit vulnerable poor girls for enslavement.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
somalis dont go through this

There is a big Lebanese community in Ghana (surprisingly) and they are doing very well for themselves financially. You will never see the Ghanaians turn on them like the South Africans would. RIP to the poor girl though- unfortunately, stories like this are far too common.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
It was a very sad story and a tragic ending.. How come africans never learn of the faith of their predecessors and all together stop going to arab countries to take domestic worker jobs.. The African countries should ban arab agencies who recruit vulnerable poor girls for enslavement.
Abti some of them have no choice because they family members depending on them for money. They go to these backwards Ayrabs only thinking about how they’ll put money and food on their families table. These women are the bravest souls in the world Walahi because no soft person would endure what they go through for two minutes let alone months and years.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Money and poverty, many families live in extreme poverty and/or in emergency situation that drive them to gamble.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
That is so cruel and disgusting, the young girl in their family was the nicest she says.

The guy is a dirty swine

Abti some of them have no choice because they family members depending on them for money. They go to these backwards Ayrabs only thinking about how they’ll put money and food on their families table. These women are the bravest souls in the world Walahi because no soft person would endure what they go through for two minutes let alone months and years.
I understand there's poverty but there must be an alternative way than ending up as a slave worker in some god forsaken arab house.

Infrastructure is poor. Lebanese suffer daily power cuts and depend on expensive private generation to fill the gaps. The state-owned mobile operators are expensive.

Unemployment among under 35s runs at 37%.

You cannot ban people from taking jobs in foreign countries, unfortunately. There seems to be no way out of this.
I'm just sad and furious at the same time after reading what this poor Ghanaian woman went through. May Allah give her justice in the hereafter.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is no different from the stories we hear in Saudi Arabia. Ethiopians and Somalis house work being abused. My adventurous aunt went to Saudi and was abused the same. She was the cook of the family. Her food skills is epic Mashalaah! Somalis usually are cooks due to their Islam status, arabs can trust their foods lol, and their laziness to do house manual works. My aunt was told u r going no where. They took her somali passport away from her. This is in the 80s. When my aunt told us her story in our youth, we would laugh at her like mad crazy people. Including her sister, my mom. My mom was like, why did u go there? And then my aunt respond was--well I am not lucky like u be married to a rich man. ha ha ha haha

In the end, Isaaq men helped her and smuggled her out! She learnt her lesson poor child lol