Learning a new language

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ #DefundUN
Staff Member
I have been learning Mandarin for a month now. My hope is to be fluent and unaccented within 12 months. I might as well learn it due to my area's and country's demographics. I have accepted our new overlords.

:mjpls:

I have been learning Mandarin for a month now. My hope is to be fluent and unaccented within 12 months. I might as well learn it due to my area's and country's demographics. I have accepted our new overlords.

Xi Jinping approves
maxresdefault.jpg

Apollo

VIP

I have tried self-learning French and Arabic, but given up hope and quit. I can't pronounce French for the life of me and the lack of vowels + extreme dialectal variation in Arabic made me lose hope of mastering it.

I would try Mandarin if it weren't for their hieroglyphic script.

Apollo

VIP
I would like to learn Oromo, lol, but it has no language learning resources. Kinda shocking since there are more Oromos than Somalis.

quiero aprender espaΓ±ol :icon e smile:
I have been trying since high school ,on and off, but I never was too serious about it , I can understand a bit when spoken slowly. .

Last edited:
I have tried self-learning French and Arabic, but given up hope and quit. I can't pronounce French for the life of me and the lack of vowels + extreme dialectal variation in Arabic made me lose hope of mastering it.

the biggest issue with mandarin for learners is the tone. the tone makes the word into something completely different lol

Why don't you carry on with Arabic? You don't need to learn the different dialects just the standard form, right?

GemState

36/21
VIP
Mandarin and Hindi are the 2 most useless 'big' languages out there. Outside of China and India, it's really not that useful. spanish, French, Arabic etc are more useful in this regard

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Apollo the best way to learn Arabic is similar to Somali, throw yourself into an Arabic speaking country and stay there for a few weeks or months.

You’ll be forced to pick up the language.

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus @HiraanBorn

Arabic IMO isn't a single language. It is only considered one language for political reasons and religious conservativism in the Arab world by artificially trying to keep the written language as close to the Quran as possible.

It would be like Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, Romania all speaking their own languages in daily life (Portuguese, French, Romanian etc.), but when writing things down all of a sudden only use Latin. Strange situation up there.

You can't connect with people using Fusha, it is seen as standoffish. That's what demotivated me and made me drop it.

Trending

Latest posts