Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
It is near Fiqi Fuliye.
Jp1dkYH.png

Bohol

VIP
Yes. The undisputed champions of Ceerigaabo aka Reer Ibraahim of Cabdalle Xaamuud.

:rejoice:

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
That is the obvious. Why do you think Warsangelis consider Badhan as their
capital and the seat of their sultanate? That is where most of them relocated.
Warsangeli is two sub clans Cumar and Dubays, Dubays(Reer Dhahar) never
lived in Ceerigaabo district and the few remaining Cumar moved to Badhan district.
There is more Warsangelis in Bosaso than Ceerigaabo nowadays.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The vast majority of the land in Ceerigabo district is Warsangeli. Ceerigabo is the third largest district in Somalia and it is more than just the town.

There is just to much division between us Somalis, even though my gabil has a ugaas its still bullshit and irrelevant, hassan Sheikh needs to stop this 4,5 formula

Bohol

VIP
Majority of Warsangeli villages and smaller towns that use to come under Ceerigabo district now come under Badhan district.
That is why Warsangeli got only 1 MP in the entire Ceerigaabo district in the local elections of 2012. They are a minority
in the district both politically and by population.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I thought the Warsangeli were pro Sland? Maxaa u bahdisheen with only 1 MP from that town?

Land of Punt

Punt is an cushtic empire located in the horn
warsangeli are a large clan, it really depends on where they live, half live in bari, and the ones in the far north east sanaag favour pl,

Bohol

VIP
warsangeli are a large clan, it really depends on where they live, half live in bari, and the ones in the far north east sanaag favour pl,

Not really. They are the same size as Arap (Ahmed Godane's sub clan) according
to British Somaliland population charts from 1944. Their population might have grown
though, in this population estimation Dhulos are at least 4 times larger than Warsans.

Warsans - 20,000
Dhulos - 100,000

YBo4ZQw.png

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@Duke of Harshaw I find it hard to believe that estimate especially the numbers for Warsangeli and Gadabursi. The British did not really govern places east of Sheikh which were mountainous.

Arap is a tiny qabil and their largest village, Baligubadle, is smaller than Hadaftimo. Most of them probably live in Hargeisa and the barely have any territory of their own. Warsangeli live on the west of the road in Bari in places like Ceel Daahir, all the way south to northern Sool. Territory is a great measure for a pastoral peoples population, and Warsangeli have alot of it.

Bohol

VIP
I disagree Arap is not tiny at all. They live in Ethiopia as well as Somaliland.
One suburb of Arap aka Siinay/Ahmed dhagax district of Hargeisa is bigger
than all Warsangeli towns put together.

This was back in 2002, now Siinay is even more bigger. There is also another new
district Arap own in Hargeisa called Half London which is very large( the name speaks
for itself "Half of London" referring to its size :lol: .

edna_hospital_aerial.jpg

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@DukeofHarshow, every Isaaq clan claims they are big and cite Hargeisa, If I were to believe any of it Hargeisa would have 2 million people . Arap is small, even by Isaaq standards. I Doubt they are even 100K. They are mostly nomads, but they have less land than my reer!

Do you agree that land is a good measure of population for pastoral peoples?

Bohol

VIP
Hargeisa region is the most populated after Benadir. So why would you be surprised if Arap is not small? They are one of the
4 main big clans of Hargeisa known as (Cidagale, Sacad Muuse, Isaxaaq(now other HY) and Arap. Just last local elections
alone 60,000 Araps voted for Xaqsoor in Ahmed Dhagax district, we can safely say there is over 120,000 Araps in Hargeisa alone.
Warsangeli is a small clan sxb who own Badhan and Dhahar towns in the entire earth everyone knows, there is no competition here.

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
Arap also live in Ethiopia specially Xarshin district and Yoocade. Don't underestimate them.

img2.gif

The British Somaliland 1944 chart also shows Arap has more camels than Warsangeli.
That is where you are also wrong, Warsangeli are mainly fishers and farmers not nomads.

Arap = 50,000 camels hence more nomads

Warsangeli = 25,000 camels :lol:
HY Togdheer = 220,000 camels :ahhhh::rejoice:

YBo4ZQw.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending