Language challenge causes ignorant Somalis to get mad

alien

📍outer space
VIP
The Somali and Yemeni girl have very similar features, only difference is the skin colour.
Somalis and Yemenis do sometimes look alike. Same with Habeshas and Yemenis

Last edited:

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Somalis and Yemenis do sometimes look alike. Same with Habeshas and Yemenis

:what1:

som-yem-m.jpg

som-yem-f.jpg

I don't see it walaal.

Flipping hell I understand we have loanwords for things that were introduced for us, for example the words for spoon, words relating to football etc. Overall we don’t have that many.

But why on earth do we have the same word for soup as carabs?? Somalis been eating maraq for centuries there is definitely a native word for it but someone decided to change it kkk

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Flipping hell I understand we have loanwords for things that were introduced for us, for example the words for spoon, words relating to football etc. Overall we don’t have that many.

But why on earth do we have the same word for soup as carabs?? Somalis been eating maraq for centuries there is definitely a native word for it but someone decided to change it kkk
Suugo
:cosbyhmm:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Or yemenis got it from us

Based

VIP
Somali one looks very odd. Almost like she isn't Somali :wow1: those dhegcas planted that oromo to make our language sound like a mutt swahili like language.
giphy.gif

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Normal thing, they live on the other side of Gulf

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

That's Italian but its spelt sugo. They use to refer to the red sauce used in pasta.

Ya3ni? You mean “sida”? Is she a lander?

Ya3ni or Matalan, is used by Somalis as a filler word in sentences usually meaning "for example".

Both are loan words and used across Somalia.

Somali word for Maraq is Fuud

That's just sounds like a Somalised version of "food".

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
That's just sounds like a Somalised version of "food".

No, it's really old Somali word and it's still used by reer baadiye. For example what we normally call chicken stock or fish stock, old Somali people will call it fuudkii digaaga ama fuudkii kaluunka.

alien

📍outer space
VIP

Mostly horners and Yemenis use this word so it’s likely it a word that is not originally arabic. Maybe came from us. Maybe came from ancient south semites and traded to us.

alien

📍outer space
VIP

Did you know Weji is arabic :russ:
Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 7.43.17 PM.png

Trending

Latest posts