Language challenge causes ignorant Somalis to get mad

Somalis always causing trouble over anything :bell:

I don't like looking at language challenges though, unless it's between Somalis, or with other Africans, otherwise it feels awkward to me for some reason.

Somalis and Yemenis do sometimes look alike. Same with Habeshas and Yemenis
Yeah they do look like xaabishis and somalis :drakelaugh:

1629457266465.png

Mostly horners and Yemenis use this word so it’s likely it a word that is not originally arabic. Maybe came from us. Maybe came from ancient south semites and traded to us.
Maraq is Arabic word which means "broth" and I think those girls got confused by it as soup isn't that different from broth is just the ingredients are different

Mostly horners and Yemenis use this word so it’s likely it a word that is not originally arabic. Maybe came from us. Maybe came from ancient south semites and traded to us.
You can tell if a word is an Arabic/Semitic Loanword if it has the 3 word base root.
For example SH R B has the meaning of Drinking something and Sharaab in Somali means Juice

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Personally, I stay away from language challenges, it's such a subjective thing.

You really think those words were chosen at random or were they trying to prove a point?

Regardless, anyone that speaks Arabic knows that the Somali language has an abundance of Arabic influence. From the script to the words, the Somali language has seen Arabic influence.

You can either accept loan words as part of modern languages today or show insecurity by continually bringing up the topic.

Choice is yours.

Personally, I stay away from language challenges, it's such a subjective thing.

You really think those words were chosen at random or were they trying to prove a point?

Regardless, anyone that speaks Arabic knows that the Somali language has an abundance of Arabic influence. From the script to the words, the Somali language has seen Arabic influence.

You can either accept loan words as part of modern languages today or show insecurity by continually bringing up the topic.

Choice is yours.
Exactly, Loan words are a natural part of any language

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Do Xalimos today still claim to be Yemeni like back in the day? Kkkkk

Trending