Landmark Aisha Ilyas case hearing opens in Garoowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been adjourned after defence lawyers for the accussed said they have not prepared for the case and don't have material to defend their accused clients.

10/11 are in the dock.

Three of them two brothers the state attorney has said are first target in this landmark case where forensic DNA matched with semen found in the underage girl which has not reached puberty but raped, brutally killed and dumped while still alive few meters away at her families house in a sack.

To make things worse the perpetrators were partly family and lived opposite the house where she was dumped.

She used to bring the perpetrators food cooked by her mum to the house opposite and clean as the mother of the house opposite was away and the single men who were related to Aisha were cooked for by Aisha's mother and young Aisha would bring food to the house she was brutally raped in and tortured.

Rest in peace little Aisha. May Allah's mercy be on her and closure given to her family.

Her family escaped the town of Gaalkacyo where their little pre puberty girl was brutally raped by her relations and neighbour of the opposite house where sometimes her mother gave pot of food to take to the house because the mother of the house was away and the young men living there were cooked for by Aisha's mother as she was related to them.

The family could not stay due to intimidation and threats and fled to Wardher Town in the Somali Region of Ethiopia.

The reason is that the family hailed from small clan and the mother's clan being from Ethiopia and father hailing from small unarmed clan.

While the perpetrators hail from big clans that are heavily armed.

They tried to intimidate the family to accept money and let the accused escape death penalty.

After the family relented a intimidation campaign begun subtle in nature but clear in threat.

The mother said an interview she feared for her other children being afflicted with the same Aisha went through.

Accused number 1 and 3 are brothers. While accused 2 who is in his late 40's was their next house neighbour.

The accused 2 who is in his late 40's slept and lived with the two brothers which is odd.

The two brothers as mentioned was abandoned by the mother who was away.

There are 10 accused altogether but the first three state attorney singled out to be first trialled.

All denied and pleaded not guilty.

Marijuana was found in one of the bedrooms of the two brothers.

Blood samples taking from wood in the house with dark blood stained was taken sample off.

In one locked bedroom they found a mat (dirin) washed but with blood stains visible.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Her family escaped the town of Gaalkacyo where their little pre puberty girl was brutally raped by her relations and neighbour of the opposite house where sometimes her mother gave pot of food to take to the house because the mother of the house was away and the young men living there were cooked for by Aisha's mother as she was related to them.

The family could not stay due to intimidation and threats and fled to Wardher Town in the Somali Region of Ethiopia.

The reason is that the family hailed from small clan and the mother's clan being from Ethiopia and father hailing from small unarmed clan.

While the perpetrators hail from big clans that are heavily armed.

They tried to intimidate the family to accept money and let the accused escape death penalty.

After the family relented a intimidation campaign begun subtle in nature but clear in threat.

The mother said an interview she feared for her other children being afflicted with the same Aisha went through.
I have contact with the family and the reason they went to the bordering town in wardher was because of xagga bax and they do that every summer and it's really disgusting how you are saying that wabeeneeye are small when clearly they are not. Why would they escape from the city they founded? You are really dumb to believe everything you read on the internet.

Accused number 2 who is in his late 40's and slept at the two brothers next house tried to bury Aisha quoting that there is no need for forensic as she was dead and her mother was already coming to 'terms' with the lost of her daughter.

He dug with a helper the grave and the brothers pretending to help the family.

He phoned his sister to ask to pay the grave digging and she told him she couldn't afford the asked amount but later phoned another woman and paid the amount amongst them.

Aisha was taking to hospital and forensic experts from Garoowe inspected and took samples for two hours.

They then went to prison were the 10 accused were held and took forensic blood, spit and fluid DNA from the 10 accused.

MSGA you are a young man and I know what bothered you. It is true the girls dad's clan are small compared to the perpetrators and her mother's clan don't reside in Gaalkacyo.

Here is the Somali Regional TV reporting why the family fled to Wardheer.

The mother clearly states she fled out if fear for her other children and intimidation from the accused men families who sided with their son's.

She said she fled because of that and as it weighed on her heart that her dead girl was dumped in front of the house and that the accused houses were also in the vicinity.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
MSGA you are a young man and I know what bothered you. It is true the girls dad's clan are small compared to the perpetrators and her mother's clan don't reside in Gaalkacyo.

Here is the Somali Regional TV reporting why the family fled to Wardheer.

The mother clearly states she fled out if fear for her other children and intimidation from the accused men families who sided with their son's.

She said she fled because of that and as it weighed on her heart that her dead girl was dumped in front of the house and that the accused houses were also in the vicinity.

Anyways we are not small in galkacyo it's just that we don't have weapons

MSGA I wrote that unarmed clan there is no census in Somalia as we know.

The subclan is spread from Mudug, Bari and Ethiopia diminishing their numbers a great deal is abroad too in Arabia and East Africa.

McKenzie she's not from a minority her dad's subclan is unarmed and are more active in the business and trade sectors.

She is from an affluent clan.

Regarding the outcome, I think it will be difficult. It looks three I mentioned the two brothers and the guy in late 40's shall receive the death penalty and rest long sentences.

However that verdict is not what western donor countries namely EU want. It will be extremely hard.

The clan will be stronger and I assume death penalty will be the verdict that will eventually change into long prison sentence after appeal.

They are from powerful subclans.

Let's see I don't want to raise my expectations and be disappointed I'd rather stay sober and realistic.

Bohol

VIP
Doesn't Aisha Ilyas AUN have brothers to avenge for her? it is not that hard to punish the 2-3 guys that committed the crime.

Bohol one is young. Four others are all abroad studying and living in different countries.

There is the father who worked in Wardheer, Ethiopia who is now overseeing the trial.

I'm listening to the clip w/ the court proceeding and I'm impressed with the methodological and scientific way this investigation was conducted. It shows that Puntland has advanced a lot. I wish that all cases get this type of attention, and not only ones that attract a lot of public interest.

Just in the three guys, the two brothers and the old 46 man who lived with them have been sentenced to death.

The remaining 7 were freed as there was no evidence against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts