Land of Punt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we most likely lived in the nile the longest lots of agriculture food and water popuilation boom thenw e moved on to ethiopia and soamlia soon after
That place was not a desert at that time, so maybe the Nile had much less significance than today? It was probably very green with different small rivers across North Africa.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
How do you know this?

Adam pbuh lived for 940 years while Nuh preached for 950 years. A generation in those days is not like our own.

Allah said, having made His Hands closed: “Select any one of them.” Adam said: “I select the right hand and both the hands of my Lord are right and blessed.” Then Allah spread it. There was Adam and his generation. Adam asked: “O Lord! Who are these people?” Allah said: “They are your children.” Every human being’s life is written between his eyes. Among them was a man with the brightest face. For him was written only forty years of age. Adam said: “O Lord! Who is this fellow?” Allah said: “This is your son Dawood [David]. His life span is written forty years.” Adam said: “O Lord! Increase his age.” Allah said: “This is what I have written down for him.” He said: “Then I give him sixty years of my age.” Allah said: “This is between you and him. Live in Paradise.”

He lived there as long as Allah wished. Then he was descended from it to earth. Adam was counting his age. Then the angel of death came to him. Adam said to him: “You have come earlier. For me, one thousand years have been written.” The angel said: “Yes, but out of them you have given sixty years to your son Dawood.” Adam denied that so his successors also denied. He forgot, so his successors also forgot. From that day, Allah ordered writing down and making witnesses (for pledges).

(This hadith is sound and reported by Ibn Abi Asim, Ibn Hibbaan and Hakim in hismustadrak.)

Adam pbuh lived for 940 years while Nuh preached for 950 years. A generation in those days is not like our own.

Allah said, having made His Hands closed: “Select any one of them.” Adam said: “I select the right hand and both the hands of my Lord are right and blessed.” Then Allah spread it. There was Adam and his generation. Adam asked: “O Lord! Who are these people?” Allah said: “They are your children.” Every human being’s life is written between his eyes. Among them was a man with the brightest face. For him was written only forty years of age. Adam said: “O Lord! Who is this fellow?” Allah said: “This is your son Dawood [David]. His life span is written forty years.” Adam said: “O Lord! Increase his age.” Allah said: “This is what I have written down for him.” He said: “Then I give him sixty years of my age.” Allah said: “This is between you and him. Live in Paradise.”

He lived there as long as Allah wished. Then he was descended from it to earth. Adam was counting his age. Then the angel of death came to him. Adam said to him: “You have come earlier. For me, one thousand years have been written.” The angel said: “Yes, but out of them you have given sixty years to your son Dawood.” Adam denied that so his successors also denied. He forgot, so his successors also forgot. From that day, Allah ordered writing down and making witnesses (for pledges).

(This hadith is sound and reported by Ibn Abi Asim, Ibn Hibbaan and Hakim in hismustadrak.)
You still haven't proven to me that 1 century in that time meant 1000 years.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
You still haven't proven to me that 1 century in that time meant 1000 years.

Its the Translation. The word in arabic is Qarn which means a generation and is relative. Also the prophet pbuh said the best Qarn of his ummah are the first 3. Qarn or Generation is subjective and if we look at the Adamic and Noahic era, a generation then will would be around 1000 yrs because of the average life span then

Its the Translation. The word in arabic is Qarn which means a generation and is relative. Also the prophet pbuh said the best Qarn of his ummah are the first 3. Qarn or Generation is subjective and if we look at the Adamic and Noahic era, a generation then will would be around 1000 yrs because of the average life span then
So are you saying Adam(as) lived ~20 000 years ago?

Back then the Israelites were dark skin. Moses himself was described as black by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

The Ancient Egyptians seem to be the same as modern Egyptians. Perhaps they were darker back then like the Israelites and just got lighter in recent times? That would explain how they felt a kinship towards our darker ancestors.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Back then Israelites were dark skin. Moses himself was described as black by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

The Ancient Egyptians seem to be the same as modern Egyptians. Perhaps they were darker back then like the Israelites and just got lighter in recent times? That would explain how they felt a kinship towards our darker ancestors.

Thats true, both Musa and Isa pbuh were darker complexion and probably looked Somali in physical appearence. I believe the Somali phenotype is the phenotype of Adam pbuh and all the prophets.

Back then the Israelites were dark skin. Moses himself was described as black by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

I also think their level of melanin was much higher than it is today.

"kinship towards our darker ancestors"
tenor (46).gif

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Land of Punt is Gaalo history. Even if they where our ancestors, they are gaalo and irrelevant in Somali history. We are Sunni Muslims, first our history starts in the 7th century a.d.

Unlike the colorstruck people on SSpot who deny our blackness, I fully embrace our brown/darkskin! Somalis are undeniably black, and the Ancient Egyptians believed we were their ancestors.
a6d5f3177f7fd6839a4ea0aa54155aef.jpg

Moses (AS) would have looked like this adeer!
A_Somali_man.jpeg

:rejoice:
I never deny blackness. Imagine the cringe and confusion in people when you tell them you're not black? But people don't ask if you're black, but for your ethnic background. And I grew up around AA popular culture with my white, black and MENA friends. My best friend is Brazilian, and he looks ambiguous af, but still claim to be black. So imagine me, a guy from Africa, well melanated, claiming to be something else? I'm not that lame.

Black is not a fixed term anymore. It's a vague concept, with many interpretations. I feel a sense of solidarity and closeness to dark-skinned people.

You take on different roles around different peoples. I'm strictly Somali sometimes, but when I meet brothers, then I'm feeling more black, whatever that means. Some people get offended by this, but they take life way too serious and don't know how to play the game. You have to take on different roles around different peoples to appeal to them in a good way, so you get what you are after.

Complexion doesn't mean shit to me, the only color I see is
money.gif

People don't need to have just one identity. I'm Muslim, Moneymaker, Somali, East-African, African, Black and somewhere in there, you'll find some Viking spirit from enduring these cold winters in Norway.

Identities are all a social construct, and we play along with this because people worst fears are to be different than their neighbors.

I've been in the zone for two decades, and literally, have successful friends and associates from almost every ethnic background. The only thing that matters is moving up the socioeconomic ladder. I can't stress this enough. All the other shit is noise and pure garbage.

I'll make sure my children won't develop this weird character trait like racism. I recognize this bias in myself and have a very pragmatic view on things, so I end up judging people and struggle to keep this in control. But I can do the world a favor by being a good influence on my family, regardless of my inner dialogue.

Last edited:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I never deny blackness. Imagine the cringe and confusion in people when you tell them you're not black? But people don't ask if you're black, but for your ethnic background. And I grew up around AA popular culture with my white, black and MENA friends. My best friend is Brazilian, and he looks ambiguous af, but still claim to be black. So imagine me, a guy from Africa, well melanated, claiming to be something else? I'm not that lame.

Black is not a fixed term anymore. It's a vague concept, with many interpretations. I feel a sense of solidarity and closeness to dark-skinned people.

You take on different roles around different peoples. I'm strictly Somali sometimes, but when I meet brothers, then I'm feeling more black, whatever that means. Some people get offended by this, but they take life way too serious and don't know how to play the game. You have to take on different roles around different peoples to appeal to them in a good way, so you get what you are after.

Complexion doesn't mean shit to me, the only color I see isView attachment 65693

People don't need to have just one identity. I'm Muslim, Moneymaker, Somali, East-African, African, Black and somewhere in there, you'll find some Viking spirit from enduring these cold winters in Norway.

Identities are all a social construct, and we play along with this because people worst fears are to be different than their neighbors.

I've been in the zone for two decades, and literally, have successful friends and associates from almost every ethnic background. The only thing that matters is moving up the socioeconomic ladder. I can't stress this enough. All the other shit is noise and pure garbage.

I'll make sure my children won't develop this weird character trait like racism. I recognize this bias in myself and have a very pragmatic view on things, so I end up judging people and struggle to keep this in control. But I can do the world a favor by being a good influence on my family, regardless of my inner dialogue.
Africa is the most diverse continent on the planet. The only actual "blacks" are West Africans/Bantus. Everyone else on the continent are non blacks who have not shared ancestors with West Africans for more longer then the existence of the Mongolid race (East Asians), yet I have to identify with them just because I have dark skin and I am native to Africa.:bell:

Apollo

VIP

As for Israelites, it depends on which modern Jewish group you are comparing them to. Against Ashkenazim/Sephardic = those became lighter, against the Mizrahim = the same as ancient Israelites, against Yemenite and Ethiopian Jews = those are darker than the ancient Israelites.

This isn't true for Egyptians. Modern Arab Egyptians are more Sub-Saharan African than the Ancient Egyptians. The Ancient Egyptians were akin to today's Coptic Egyptians. You can see many Copts in this video:

Barely any info on the land of punt. Few physical descriptions, unknown language and how they became extinct. Only info on them is documented by A. Egyptians and Greeks. Tbh these ppl have nothing to do with current somalis they lived so long ago that we dunno how much dna we share with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts