Ladies only poll: Would you ever marry a much older man?

Would you marry a man that is much older than you?

• Total voters
No even if they were rich I could never see myself with one also why aren’t they going for ppl in their age group?? They’ll probably loose interest in you when you get old

That would give me a major ick walahi, why are they not seeking women that are closer to them in age. But I support the 'get money' crowd, if odays want younger women, let them pay for it.
If they want real love, let them stick with their day 1 wife.

I'm talking 10 years, 15 years, etc.

And if you select 'yes', please make it clear in your response what your reason or condition is.

View attachment 321131

View attachment 321130

View attachment 321129

View attachment 321132

Is this a visual representation of your “I have a dream speech”, about a world where all Somali men after the age 29 automatically turn 55 and bidaar is mandatory.

And where all Somali women stop aging after becoming 19??!!

we can all dream can’t we eedo macaan.

:ulyin:

Is this a visual representation of your “I have a dream speech”, about a world where all Somali men after the age 29 automatically turn 55 and bidaar is mandatory.

And where all Somali women stop aging after becoming 19??!!

we can all dream can’t we eedo macaan.

:ulyin:

Hi Awowe Kane,

Women aren't the ones chasing little boys, and trying to appeal to them. So I don't see what point you are trying to make here?

Nobody wants an old man, unless that man is rich and handsome, that's the truth.

i am not trying to be with someone who could be besties with my dad lol

But em....really i want to grow with someone on all levels. However, i don't outrule anything. I am just attracted to youth.

Hi Awowe Kane,

awowe aah, acuudubillah.
Women aren't the ones chasing little boys, and trying to appeal to them. So I don't see what point you are trying to make here?
Actually wealthy Somali businesswomen now marry young men, and they are willing to bank roll the relationship just like men their age. And I’m happy for them.

Nobody wants an old man, unless that man is rich and handsome, that's the truth.

10- 15 is not old, come on. Sabrina is Diriye (34) & Idiris Elba (51) and it’s working well for them.

awowe aah, acuudubillah.

Actually wealthy Somali businesswomen now marry young men, and they are willing to bank roll the relationship just like men their age. And I’m happy for them.

10- 15 is not an old, come on, Sabrina is Diriye (34) & Idiris Elba (51) and it’s working well for them.

10-15 years is older, much older.

The only reason why Sabrina is with Idris, is because he's rich and attractive.

In one of my earlier trips back home, I travelled with one of my uncles in his forties, and I did notice younger ladies would moon and mope over him, granted he is handsome, and I asked an eedo what was afoot; apparently, according to her, men in his age are the most desirable, mature, established with the relevant life experience, and younger ladies find that appealing and attractive.

Last edited:
In one of my earlier trips back home, I travelled with one of my uncles in his forties, and I did notice younger ladies would moon and mope over him, granted he is handsome, and I asked an eedo what was afoot; apparently, according to her, men in his age are the most desirable, mature, established with the relevant life experience, and younger ladies find that appealing and attractive.

'Back home', and 'handsome', does he also have money?

There are also some women, who think that if a man is old, he's less likely to stray and will treat a younger woman as a trophy wife.

From what I've seen from the Somali ladies back home, on social media, they are very much into guys their own age. You should see the comments left under the videos of attractive young guys, very eye-opening. The minute that Somalia becomes economically stable, older men from the diaspora, with a few dollars, will become less and less appealing.

Last edited:
'Back home', and 'handsome', does he also have money?
Oh he is well off.
There are also some women, who think that if a man is old, he's less likely to stray and will treat a younger woman as a trophy wife.

The minute that Somalia becomes economically stable, older men from the diaspora, with a few dollars, will become less and less appealing.
So, the opposite of what this eedo was telling me?

Oh he is well off.

Eedo speaks for her generation that has been brainwashed with "nin ku dhalikara baa ku dhaqi kara", and even that saying is all about strategy, 'need', not 'want'.

But look at the responses in here. Women are women, no matter where we live. What makes women consider large age gaps for the most part is money, and the ladies back home have to be even more ruthless to gain financial security. But in real life, these young women are most likely crushing on the guys in their neighbourhoods, schools etc. But they'll grin and bear it, and maybe grow fond of their older husband, one day.

Last edited:
Eedo speaks for her generation that has been brainwashed with "nin ku dhalikara baa ku dhaqi kara", and even that saying is all about strategy, 'need', not 'want'.

But look at the responses in here. Women are women, no matter where we live. What makes women consider large age gaps for the most part is money, and the ladies back home have to be even more ruthless to gain financial security. But in real life, these young women are most likely crushing on the guys in their neighbourhoods, schools etc. But they'll grin and bear it, and maybe grow fond of their older husband, one day.
In other words, back to Maslow's basic theorum.

Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs.png

Oh he is well off.

Your Edo is right in the context of Somalia. I have a cousin back home who is only exclusively interested in above 35+ with 40 for her being the sweet spot and preferably a diaspora. I don’t judge her since I can clearly understand her reasoning. There is a clear logic to it with survival, comfortablity and stability being at the forefront.

Back home in Somalia, there is a huge unemployment issue with the male youth and unless a woman marries a young man from a wealthier family who will fund her husband and her, she’ll be in for a difficult ride. One is reminded of the proverb ‘I’d rather be an old man’s darling, than a young man’s slave’. The ability to prize connection, attraction and higher levels of tangible qualities is a marker of financial comfortability. Whilst most young women generally find men who are only a few a few yrs older and still in their youth to be the most physically attractive and exciting, to give into this excitement of passion when you’re struggling with your basic need as a woman can be detrimental that’s why the saying ‘being a young man’s slave or in the song version ‘fool’ comes from, because sexual attraction isn’t going to pay the bills and it isn’t going to raise the kids.

It’s an interesting topic none the less, but I do believe that many men wrongly believe that older men who might not even look youthful are a genuine preference over the younger more fitter man, on a primitive level, when the reality is that the older man can secure the primary needs of safety and comfortability women need. When all thing are equal and the young man can achieve that, it’s a no brainer what most women would gravitate towards.

The peak age of a man that brings together experience and resources is 36 provided that he takes care of himself. On average women are not attracted to much older men, the sweet spot is probably 5-10 years their senior.

Your Edo is right in the context of Somalia. I have a cousin back home who is only exclusively interested in above 35+ with 40 for her being the sweet spot and preferably a diaspora. I don’t judge her since I can clearly understand her reasoning. There is a clear logic to it with survival, comfortablity and stability being at the forefront.
In the movie industry starting with Bollywood, Hollywood, Masri, Turkey, and I think so is true in Latin America, almost always the leading hero, generally a gentleman of certain age and social standing, has a pretty temptress in tow, and if still married to his old muse, maintains a young coquette in the shadows; even in 007 movies, the seductress is almost always a damsel barely out of pubescence in a boyish frame.

Now, could not one act out one's fantasy in the real life? Could nomads not lift a leaf out of fantasy? After all, in thee days, the nexus between veracity and fantasy is a thinly gilded silhouette, a flimsy one at that, by all measures.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts