Ladies of SSpot Appreciation Thread

thank you for this, we appreciate it so much :it0tdo8:
and we can't forget about @sophisticate, one of the most eloquent intellectuals of sspot
you're always so witty, thoughtful, and see the good in people, which we love

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I changed it a while before him. I'm starting to think he unknowingly copied me because both of our names are inspired by Greek gods/goddesses. :cosbyhmm:

Why don't we ask?

Actually, Helios was always a God. Psyche was a mortal that earned immortality through her trials to become the Goddess of Souls. She didn't have the demigod advantage of Hercules. Her story is interesting since she's an antiquated fairy tale with a narrative copied by Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Briar Rose etc. She was blamed for a plague, abandoned for dead by her father and forced to marry a man she was forbidden to see (Cupid). Consumed by curiosity she defiantly observes his face in the dark with a candle that burns him. Leading to temporary spousal abandonment while he nurses his emotional and physical wounds. TBH, he probably would have not come back. Until Psyche begs Aphrodite (her wicked mother-in-law) for another chance. During the story she also contends with sabotaging sisters and is placed into eternal sleep by (Persephone) until Cupid intervenes. It's probably one of the rare cases of a woman attempting to earn a man's love. Generally, it's the other way around. :whoo:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I have a theory that the bulk of Appreciation Threads are initiated mostly by sisters. The lasses are empathetic and radiate gentility and warmth. Even when they are harsh to you, they do so from a constructive place, in defense of themselves or mostly in jest. Nonetheless, they always appear to be truly looking out for your best interest. This is not to say that they are some monolithic group of all saints. Their personalities are varied, refreshing and unique. They freely offer their assistance, a listener’s ear, sage suggestions, humour interspersed with thought-provoking threads. I can say that the ladies on here are protective of each other and get along swimmingly. If egalitarian women like this ruled Somalia, we’d have good governance.

Sisters, today you’ll put your selflessness to the side and be celebrated for simply existing and making this place a joy to visit. By the end of this thread the ladies should experience this level of jubilation.
giphy.gif
Spread the love and good cheer and say something ‘sweet’ to uplift the ladies of Spot who tirelessly give, give, give without any expectation of recompense. We owe them a debt of gratitude.

We appreciate your existence too sis :it0tdo8::it0tdo8:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
thank you for this, we appreciate it so much :it0tdo8:
and we can't forget about @sophisticate, one of the most eloquent intellectuals of sspot
you're always so witty, thoughtful, and see the good in people, which we love

tenor.gif

Compliments are my kyptonite, sis. This isn't about me but a celebration of the womenfolk on here. I believe everyone deserves their dues. I have not met a soul I can't say something positive about whilst acknowledging that we're flawed in some manner (we're not talking about the margins of society that contribute to its dysfunction). We might experience disagreements or conflicts but this thread is to shine a light on the ladies especially (1) there's less of them than the male users and (2) to highlight their dynamism.

psyche

To each their own
Why don't we ask?

Actually, Helios was always a God. Psyche was a mortal that earned immortality through her trials to become the Goddess of Souls. She didn't have the demigod advantage of Hercules. Her story is interesting since she's an antiquated fairy tale with a narrative copied by Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Briar Rose etc. She was blamed for a plague, abandoned for dead by her father and forced to marry a man she was forbidden to see (Cupid). Consumed by curiosity she defiantly observes his face in the dark with a candle that burns him. Leading to temporary spousal abandonment while he nurses his emotional and physical wounds. TBH, he probably would have not come back. Until Psyche begs Aphrodite (her wicked mother-in-law) for another chance. During the story she also contends with sabotaging sisters and is placed into eternal sleep by (Persephone) until Cupid intervenes. It's probably one of the rare cases of a woman attempting to earn a man's love. Generally, it's the other way around. :whoo:

It was a unique story considering Greeks were not too fond of women at that time. An it really does show how much of (pardon me for the language) a scum Aphrodite was. Considering Psyche went through all that pain just because there was a mortal woman prettier than Aphrodite.

Now that you mention it the story does have a lot of parallels with stories like beauty and the beast. And I would assume since cupid hit himself with the arrow of love that he would return after he recovers from sorrow.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It was a unique story considering Greeks were not too fond of women at that time. An it really does show how much of (pardon me for the language) a scum Aphrodite was. Considering Psyche went through all that pain just because there was a mortal woman prettier than Aphrodite.

Now that you mention it the story does have a lot of parallels with stories like beauty and the beast. And I would assume since cupid hit himself with the arrow of love that he would return after he recovers from sorrow.

Aphrodite like many Greek deities was humanized. She was contending with insecurities hence her need to curse others that were deemed more beautiful i.e. Medusa and her sisters which were turned into gorgons. She was spoiled and used to intense adulation of the celestial kind that was unrivaled. It irritated her that someone with a lower status in their cosmic hierarchy was getting more love. Though Psyche was a Princess she was a mortal (giving her a lower social standing). She was also younger and less experienced that Aphrodite. Odd, I know because for a Goddess she was very childish and unreasonable.

I suppose in the beginning it was Cupid that wanted to fall for her. Question is why did he need his arrows to accomplish this. It seemed forced. Why couldn't it occur as a result of free will?

psyche

To each their own
Aphrodite like many Greek deities was humanized. She was contending with insecurities hence her need to curse others that were deemed more beautiful i.e. Medusa and her sisters which were turned into gorgons. She was spoiled and used to intense adulation of the celestial kind that was unrivaled. It irritated her that someone with a lower status in their cosmic hierarchy was getting more love. Though Psyche was a Princess she was a mortal (giving her a lower social standing). She was also younger and less experienced that Aphrodite. Odd, I know because for a Goddess she was very childish and unreasonable.

I suppose in the beginning it was Cupid that wanted to fall for her. Question is why did he need his arrows to accomplish this. It seemed forced. Why couldn't it occur as a result of free will?

I always thought the story meant that he was captivated by psyche's beauty and that lead him to accidentally scratch himself.

So his feelings were always present, just that the arrow reinforced it.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Yeah the female users here are good. Better than the male users I'd say, less trolling more insightful comments and good reads.

Maybe @Apollo was right about testosterone making you more of a troll on the internet

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I changed it a while before him. I'm starting to think he unknowingly copied me because both of our names are inspired by Greek gods/goddesses. :cosbyhmm:
Don't get too ahead of yourself now if I "copied you" then you copied @Apollo.

I barely interact with you
:fantasia2:

Trending