Ladies, if you work full-time. How much of the house duties will you do?

How much of the house duties are you willing to accept?

• Total voters
Tihanna2nd Feminism got yall F***ed up :holeup:
Im saying!!! Lol the moment i have children I am retiring. Working full time and Raising babies issa scam 👋🏾
Go Away Reaction GIF

Inshallah i plan to work and do most of the housework but he has to pay for everything! I will not spend a dime on anything. And as for housework, its not that much work tbh and you don't have to eat home cooked meals everyday.

All I hear is extra responsibilities, giving up my freedom and a thankless job. Why any woman will willingly sign up for this esp when the divorce rates are an all-time high is beyond me.

Me? I am opting out of this rat race.
Plan is to focus on my career for the next 25 yrs. Then, marry a 50yrs old widower and play "mummy" to his college-aged children..

Kamala Harris Whatever GIF by MOODMAN
You would change that outlook when you meet a dishy educated man like me :mjpls:

I agree. But these days both men and women work but Somali men feel embarrassed sharing house duties when they look at how their fathers etc used to live

From (young) Somali couples you know, how do they share the work?
Embarrassing! My father sees housework therapeutic. He would put on Islamic lectures from YouTube while he is cooking and lives the moment.

World

VIP
Inshallah i plan to work and do most of the housework but he has to pay for everything! I will not spend a dime on anything. And as for housework, its not that much work tbh and you don't have to eat home cooked meals everyday.
If I’m paying for everything you not allowed to work :camby:

If I’m paying for everything you not allowed to work :camby:
If she is doing most of the housework, maxaa kaa galay?

Shaaqo la'aan behavior. Talk about petty behavior. Leave women's money alone.

What if she's working from home or has her own business. Are you going to try and sabotage it because you can't get your hands on her money?

World

VIP
If she is doing most of the housework, maxaa kaa galay?

Shaaqo la'aan behavior. Talk about petty behavior. Leave women's money alone.

What if she's working from home or has her own business. Are you going to try and sabotage it because you can't get your hands on her money?
Go work a full time shift and clean, cook as well. As a man if I done that I’ll be very tired. Now why would I want a tired wife who is sleeping and has no energy. You think owning a business is easy? You work more than a regular job. 12 hours a day. Who wants a businesswoman? Not me for sure. It’s a preference. I don’t want a greedy girl who cares about her pockets rather than looking after the house and being a raali wife.

Go work a full time shift and clean, cook as well. As a man if I done that I’ll be very tired. Now why would I want a tired wife who is sleeping and has no energy. You think owning a business is easy? You work more than a regular job. 12 hours a day. Who wants a businesswoman? Not me for sure. It’s a preference. I don’t want a greedy girl who cares about her pockets rather than looking after the house and being a raali wife.
It isn't, but i've dabbled with online business whilst working a 9-5. It was hard yes, but not 12 hrs. I'm talking online, where she'll mostly be at home.

So what happens if you decide to divorce or you die before her and she has no savings? Does she starve?

Islamically women are not entitled to alimony, yet a woman is called greedy for wanting to have savings. How does that work exactly?

So, how is really greedy in such a scenario?

World

VIP
So what happens if you decide to divorce or you die before her and she has no savings?

Islamically women are not entitled to alimony, yet a woman is called greedy for wanting to have savings. How does that work exactly?
Yh I don’t live my life based on hypotheticals. I don’t plan on divorcing by choosing the right woman. And if I die then she along with my
children get my inheritance. If I’m paying for all the bills I’m not getting a wife ordering take away because she’s tired from work. Nor will I come home at 7pm to an empty home because she’s late from work. It’s my preference, not sure why that’s such a big deal.

Yh I don’t live my life based on hypotheticals. I don’t plan on divorcing by choosing the right woman. And if I die then she along with my
children get my inheritance. If I’m paying for all the bills I’m not getting a wife ordering take away because she’s tired from work.
No, it is the reality of the world that we live in. But this is the reality of women so obviously, it is not one you'd think about.

Unless you're rich rich, she isn’t going to inherit a lot. She'll be working in care washing gaals bits at 40+ because she's hardly has any savings.

A man can talaq a woman for any reason. It could be her fault or even his, so what happens then when she isn't entitled to alimony and has no savings. Why would you expect any sane and intelligent woman not to think about that?

Also, saying you don't live by hypotheticals is false. We all do, because if you didn't, you wouldn't have savings. You'd simply live for today without any safety net. Expecting women to behave a way you wouldn't is beyond selfish.

A best solution would be if you can afford is to give her money she can put in her savings, maybe do something online, investments ect.

World

VIP
No, it is the reality of the world that we live in. But this is the reality of women so obviously, it is not one you'd think about.

Unless you're rich rich, she isn’t going to inherit a lot. She'll be working in care washing gaals bits at 40+ because she's hardly has any savings.

A man can talaq a woman for any reason. It could be her fault or even his, so what happens then when she isn't entitled to alimony and has no savings. Why would you expect any sane and intelligent woman not to think about that?

Also, saying you don't live by hypotheticals is false. We all do, because if you didn't, you wouldn't have savings. You'd simply live for today without any safety net. Expecting women to behave a way you wouldn't is beyond selfish.

A best solution would be if you can afford is to give her money she can put in her savings, maybe do something online, investments ect.
Why can’t I prefer a woman that doesn’t work? Why is it such a big deal for you? I’m not gonna change my preference based on what you say to me. I don’t plan on telling a business owner to quit her business for me, or tell a doctor to stop working. I simply don’t choose them. End of the day I make enough to have a stay at home wife so that’s what I’m gonna do. Whether I die or whatever is up to Allah.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
You would change that outlook when you meet a dishy educated man like me :mjpls:

Ayy, no lies told..
Dishy educated men are my kryptonite :icon redface:
A lady gotta have some pride tho.
It is illogic to build a future with a man on the take. I have no problem walking away after catching feelings.

Feelings are temporary :)
Divorce, buuq, innocent children in the mix.. that leaves scars.

Coming back to this thread because I had to block a ngga for having the audacity to ask me if I’d share household expenses. As if I wasn’t upfront about wanting traditional roles.

Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Just doing research, how religious was he?
I think average he prays and reads quran daily. He only wanted to cover household essentials and anything extra he wanted me to cover if I’m working. Tbh the COL isn’t even expensive where we live and he can easily cover it. Not to mention I work part time as I just finished school. Whereas he’s been working full-time for a few years. Could I have easily afforded to cover it? Yes! But the stinginess was a major turn off. What about when I’m a SAHM will you even give me an allowance? I’m going to make duaa for a generous husband. Ya Rabb give me the soft life I desire inshallah. 🤲🏾

I think average he prays and reads quran daily. He only wanted to cover household essentials and anything extra he wanted me to cover if I’m working. Tbh the COL isn’t even expensive where we live and he can easily cover it. Not to mention I work part time as I just finished school. Whereas he’s been working full-time for a few years. Could I have easily afforded to cover it? Yes! But the stinginess was a major turn off. What about when I’m a SAHM will you even give me an allowance? I’m going to make duaa for a generous husband. Ya Rabb give me the soft life I desire inshallah. 🤲🏾
Did he at any point tell you he wanted a more modern marriage? Before he mentioned sharing expenses. Since you said you were clear about your expectations.

Trending