Ladies are you forced to your hijab by your family?

Are you forced to wear the hijab by ur family?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
@YoungFarah :wow1: I'm sorry about your situation
IMG_6489.GIF

Nah, it was suggested I wear it by family and family friends. I did and I can't see myself without it now. I've been wearing it for so long.

Have you experienced an increase in threats or harassment in recent years? In reaction to Paris attacks etc.
Attacks? No, alhamdulilah but harassment? Yes. People calling me and my family terrorists, glaring at us, yelling things at us etc. Lately some cadaan folks have been breaking their necks to glare at us. I just stare right back. Fck 'em, who needs them?
Its not that bad here but its worse in less diverse places (i.e Hicktown, USA).

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Stfu lying wasakh. Don't change your mind now. So if they girls are forced, why don't they take it off when they become women? Adults?:gucciwhat:
Who forces the women?
They are brainwashed at a young age. They internalize this and will do so until death. It becomes an identity thing for them. Same reason you are Muslim: you were brainwashed into it at a young age and internalized it over time. No rational, neutral person would become Muslim. Converts to Islam usually have major problems and are looking for a solution.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Attacks? No, alhamdulilah but harassment? Yes. People calling me and my family terrorists, glaring at us, yelling things at us etc. Lately some cadaan folks have been breaking their necks to glare at us. I just stare right back. Fck 'em, who needs them?
Its not that bad here but its worse in less diverse places (i.e Hicktown, USA).
Sorry to hear that. I cannot stand people who would harass girls wearing hijab. If they're so anti-Islam, the one group they should sympathize with are Muslim women. No offense though. I know it's voluntary on your part but it isn't for millions.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I chose to wear hijab in elementary school where I wore it on and off (mostly on) until I became of age. Since then I have worn it consistently. There was never this sense that I was forced to wear it, it's just something I do, if that makes sense.

Also don't mind BidaarWanaagsan, he strikes me as those types of Muslims who don't want to do certain obligatory acts in Islam so he pulls out the Wahhabi/Salafi card
:manny:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I chose to wear hijab in elementary school where I wore it on and off (mostly on) until I became of age. Since then I have worn it consistently. There was never this sense that I was forced to wear it, it's just something I do, if that makes sense.
But you do realize that millions of others ARE forced to wear it, right? You shouldn't put such a positive spin on something that is a matter of life and death in Afghanistan and places like that.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
But you do realize that millions of others ARE forced to wear it, right? You shouldn't put such a positive spin on something that is a matter of life and death in Afghanistan and places like that.
Did I say I don't care for those forced to wear niqabs and whatnot? I'm very happy about my hijab personally, that doesn't mean I can't sympathize with those forced to wear stricter versions of it
:gucciwhat:

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Did I say I don't care for those forced to wear niqabs and whatnot? I'm very happy about my hijab personally, that doesn't mean I can sympathize with those forced to wear stricter versions of it
:gucciwhat:
If you don't mind, can I ask why you are personally happy with your hijab? :damnmusic:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
If you don't mind, can I ask why you are personally happy with your hijab? :damnmusic:
Because it's an act of worship towards Allah (SWT.) Contrary to popular belief I don't wear this for anyone but Him. Not my dad, not my uncles, not my grandpa. The hijab is just a part of who I am, is all, and I'm grateful that Allah made it easy for me to do this task for him, if that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending