Lack of historical somali knowledge with the youth and young adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yaskaaa i get attacked for this everyonce in awhile from users on here.

Legit my parents barely taught me shit about Somalia. They just tell em to focus on my education so I can finish school and get a good job after I graduate uni.

They never brought up the idea of me going to somalia and helping the people there. Nothing like that at all.

When I told someone on here that I legit didn’t know about the big Somali population in Kenya I got attacked.

Most of the shit that I learn about somalia these days are from here.

It's the age of information, no excuses!

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
It's the age of information, no excuses!
Why I would seek info on a place I was never interested in?

I don’t just randomly sit down and decide “I’m gonna learn history about Switzerland”

Heck somalia is perceived so negatively. When I started asking around everyone just said it was dangerous and etc. these people had no hope in the place.

Do yourself a favor and get your head out of your ass.

Why I would seek info on a place I was never interested in?

I don’t just randomly sit down and decide “I’m gonna learn history about Switzerland”

Heck somalia is perceived so negatively. When I started asking around everyone just said it was dangerous and etc. these people had no hope in the place.

Do yourself a favor and get your head out of your ass.

You were asking people yet you had zero interest? Which is it? Im just saying if you were asking about it you could have easily googled stuff, you know? :ohno:

@yaskaaa its admiring that you so much about your culture, but I hope that you also learn about your culture from ur mom’s side as well. Mixed children have the pressure to fit a mold and choose up.

Just know that being biracial is valid abaayo! I have a lot of mixed cousins in your boat.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
You were asking people yet you had zero interest? Which is it? Im just saying if you were asking about it you could have easily googled stuff, you know? :ohno:
I only recently started asking about the place more often.

Before it was just scattered questions over the years. Mostly about my parents childhood and life in Somalia since they both lived in Somalia before the civil war.

I wasnt asking them about fixing up somalia or anything. Just random questions. Most of the questions I asked were about their experiences

@yaskaaa its admiring that you so much about your culture, but I hope that you also learn about your culture from ur mom’s side as well. Mixed children have the pressure to fit a mold and choose up.

Just know that being biracial is valid abaayo! I have a lot of mixed cousins in your boat.
Yes thank you. I love and adore both cultures. I'm always learning new things. Biracial people tend to feel as though they should only be close to one side and ignore the other. I like both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending