Lack of historical somali knowledge with the youth and young adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have realised that many don't know basic somali history. Shit like that is very sad. I don't know a lot of things I wouldn't want to say I am an expert but it's poor seeing fellow somalis not knowing shit about somalia. This is very sad when you tell a young somali nowadays to name 5 somali cities they can only come up with muqdisho and hargeisa. Other ethnicities who were born and bred in the west are not this bad. It seems as though somali youth don't care about somalia but it is what it is.

Also a lot of you have been giving me shit saying how does a half Colombian know so much about somalia and somali history. U guys automatically assume I'm lying. But that reinforces the point that the youth are so broken and dont know jack shit about somalia to a point where a half somali shouldn't really know shit too:manny:

Somalis legit think this is fine. It's not and the lack of knowledge about somalia in general should be adressed

I have realised that many don't know basic somali history. Shit like that is very sad. I don't know a lot of things I wouldn't want to say I am an expert but it's poor seeing fellow somalis not knowing shit about somalia. This is very sad when you tell a young somali nowadays to name 5 somali cities they can only come up with muqdisho and hargeisa. Other ethnicities who were born and bred in the west are not this bad. It seems as though somali youth don't care about somalia but it is what it is.

Also a lot of you have been giving me shit saying how does a half Colombian know so much about somalia and somali history. U guys automatically assume I'm lying. But that reinforces the point that the youth are so broken and dont know jack shit about somalia to a point where a half somali shouldn't really know shit too:manny:

Somalis legit think this is fine. It's not and the lack of knowledge about somalia in general should be adressed

A lot of what they do know is also false. There's a lot of qabyalad and hyper Somalinimo out there masquerading as history. Wiki has been "edited" to death.

Thank goodness for DNA and the new generation of Somali scholars. Too bad some dismiss them over clan and theoretical issues. You will find bunches of good, non-Wiki, links in threads in the History section. Knowledge is where you find it.

Grow a thicker skin. You should hear what I get. (No, you shouldn't. :))

Last edited:
Can you summarize Colombian history for me and why do you guys have the most blacks in Latin America
We don't have the most blacks we have the third largest black population outside of Africa and the second largest after brazil. Colombian history can be very long. It can start from all the way when Christopher Columbus explored the country or before that when there was the indigenous hunter gatherer people of the land

Our elders used to impart to the younger generation their knowledge of our history now it’s hard for that to happen especially in the West.

Our elders used to impart to the younger generation their knowledge of our history now it’s hard for that to happen especially in the West.
The west is filled with filth. But we need to do better. Turkish people in my area go to Turkish shool to learn about their culture and history. Somalis should too

We don't have the most blacks we have the third largest black population outside of Africa and the second largest after brazil. Colombian history can be very long. It can start from all the way when Christopher Columbus explored the country or before that when there was the indigenous hunter gatherer people of the land
If I remember correctly your country was the birth place of the man that made the Latin American Union I don't remember his name. And wasn't your country called new grenada

The west is filled with filth. But we need to do better. Turkish people in my area go to Turkish shool to learn about their culture and history. Somalis should too
It would be great if this coming generation does that, most of the Somali history I know I learnd it from somali.net and other Somali forums, but the hard thing was that the most of the information was in af Somali.

If I remember correctly your country was the birth place of the man that made the Latin American Union I don't remember his name. And wasn't your country called new grenada
Yes the founders of the latin american union were colombia mexico Peru and Brazil and yes we was called new grenada. Basically colombia and Panama with a bit of land from Costa Rica equador venuzuela brazil etc. It was sort of a big country

Yes the founders of the latin american union were colombia mexico Peru and Brazil and yes we was called new grenada. Basically colombia and Panama with a bit of land from Costa Rica equador venuzuela brazil etc. It was sort of a big country
Yeah you know what when you said you were from Colombia I didn't give it that much thought but come to think of it Colombia is a great Latin American nation too bad the US took Panama from you guys

Yeah you know what when you said you were from Colombia I didn't give it that much thought but come to think of it Colombia is a great Latin American nation too bad the US took Panama from you guys
It is what it is. It doesn't really matter we have a rich culture and a beautiful country. I sometimes wish we can take back some of the countries tbh. But history is history

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
@yaskaaa i get attacked for this everyonce in awhile from users on here.

Legit my parents barely taught me shit about Somalia. They just tell em to focus on my education so I can finish school and get a good job after I graduate uni.

They never brought up the idea of me going to somalia and helping the people there. Nothing like that at all.

When I told someone on here that I legit didn’t know about the big Somali population in Kenya I got attacked.

Most of the shit that I learn about somalia these days are from here.

@yaskaaa i get attacked for this everyonce in awhile from users on here.

Legit my parents barely taught me shit about Somalia. They just tell em to focus on my education so I can finish school and get a good job after I graduate uni.

They never brought up the idea of me going to somalia and helping the people there. Nothing like that at all.

When I told someone on here that I legit didn’t know about the big Somali population in Kenya I got attacked.

Most of the shit that I learn about somalia these days are from here.
It's not your fault. At least your attempting to learn about somalia and that's what counts. Many somalis need to take the history of somalia seriously. It's beneficial to learn about our nation. I don't understand why the attacked you. The somali community tends to attack you for not knowing something but won't tell you either.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
It's not your fault. At least your attempting to learn about somalia and that's what counts. Many somalis need to take the history of somalia seriously. It's beneficial to learn about our nation. I don't understand why the attacked you. The somali community tends to attack you for not knowing something but won't tell you either.
There are also youth and young adults that don’t care for somalia that much. Until I started asking recently none of my friends ever spoke about going back to somalia. Once I asked them I realized none of them actually planned on going back to help fix the place up.

A lot of people have already planned their lives out here in the west.

When I got on here it surprised me when I saw people actually planning on going back to somalia after they finished school.

There are also youth and young adults that don’t care for somalia that much. Until I started asking recently none of my friends ever spoke about going back to somalia. Once I asked them I realized none of them actually planned on going back to help fix the place up.

A lot of people have already planned their lives out here in the west.

When I got on here it surprised me when I saw people actually planning on going back to somalia after they finished school.
Sadly many somalis in the west don't care for fixing somalia. It's good that there are still that care. Coming together to fix somalia is great. Inshall ah we get to see a united and prosperous somalia again

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Sadly many somalis in the west don't care for fixing somalia. It's good that there are still that care. Coming together to fix somalia is great. Inshall ah we get to see a united and prosperous somalia again
Parents play a big part in why some don’t care.

My parents barley spoke about Somalia to me at all. Only when I asked them stuff is when they replied back information.

I didn’t care about the place.

You can’t expect a diaspora Somali to get devoted to helping fix Somalia up if they are growing up not learning much about the country.

You also got parents that have given up on the place as well.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Like Trump said, Somalia is a sh!thole, i dont blame the youth! Adopt your new country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts