Kismaayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation
Hardly any bombings in Kismayo in comparison to Xamar alx but the minute you announce Kismayo has the new capital Al Shabaab factions near the capital will simply pack their bags & move their headquarters to Gedo where they have sympathizers & new potential recruits within their ranks.:comeon:

So now you want to conquer Kismayo through proxy? @Shaolin23?:comeon:

Excerpt: "Clan dynamics may also play a role as a determinant
of successful al-Shabaab expansion into predominantly
Muslim areas in neighbouring countries. For instance,
the tense relationship between the Kenyan state and the
Somali Marehan clan has most likely enabled al-Shabaab to
operate in the borderlands between Kenya and Somalia. If
the Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) were viewed in a more
favourable light among the dominant clans in north-eastern
Kenya and southern Somalia, the risk of surprise attacks on
the KDF or police would probably decrease considerably.
Al-Shabaab can scarcely operate in large numbers without
the knowledge of the local clans. Furthermore, one expert
on Ethiopia claims that the relationship between al-Shabaab
and the Ogaden clan in Ethiopia is crucial for the jihadi
group’s inability to recruit from, and operate in, the Somali
areas of Ethiopia. Thus, a strained rapport between those
two actors may be part of the reason why al-Shabaab has
been unable to gain supporters in eastern Ethiopia.
Convergence of ethnicity and religious beliefs may"

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Hardly any bombings in Kismayo in comparison to Xamar alx but the minute you announce Kismayo has the new capital Al Shabaab factions near the capital will simply pack their bags & move their headquarters to Gedo where they have sympathizers & new potential recruits within their ranks.:comeon:

So now you want to conquer Kismayo through proxy? @Shaolin23?:comeon:

Excerpt: "Clan dynamics may also play a role as a determinant
of successful al-Shabaab expansion into predominantly
Muslim areas in neighbouring countries. For instance,
the tense relationship between the Kenyan state and the
Somali Marehan clan has most likely enabled al-Shabaab to
operate in the borderlands between Kenya and Somalia. If
the Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) were viewed in a more
favourable light among the dominant clans in north-eastern
Kenya and southern Somalia, the risk of surprise attacks on
the KDF or police would probably decrease considerably.
Al-Shabaab can scarcely operate in large numbers without
the knowledge of the local clans. Furthermore, one expert
on Ethiopia claims that the relationship between al-Shabaab
and the Ogaden clan in Ethiopia is crucial for the jihadi
group’s inability to recruit from, and operate in, the Somali
areas of Ethiopia. Thus, a strained rapport between those
two actors may be part of the reason why al-Shabaab has
been unable to gain supporters in eastern Ethiopia.
Convergence of ethnicity and religious beliefs may"
Small mind.... can you think of any other positives it would bring to the Somali people?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Kismaayo is clan divided much worser than Xamar. Xamar is an Abgaal town, Murursade are deputies and HG manage the security. Other Hawiyes don't have admin powers but they have Hawiye priviledge and their businesses and properties are protected. It's a formula that's been in place since the warlord era and works for the most part.

Kismaayo has OG and Marehan fighting over leadership that is never ending. They should just come to an agreement and give Harti the leadership as the neutral entity. If Kismayo matures from those clan wars it has every chance to be a great city.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
As the owners of kismayo harti are the largest sub clan within darood in somalia.

During the era of siad barre the mayor of kismayo was harti/mj and during ahmed madoobe current administration the mayor of kismayo is harti/mj.

Harti refused to make kismayo the capital city of jubaland so its highly unlikely they will agree to make kismayo the capital city of somalia.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
That'd be great but it has its repercussion. I prefer the capital to be moved far far from the reach of hyena clan in Mogadishu like: Bosaaso etc.

Shaolin23

That'd be great but it has its repercussion. I prefer the capital to be moved far far from the reach of hyena clan in Mogadishu like: Bosaaso etc.
Hawiye have Xamar a much larger cosmopolitan and richer city I doubt they would sell their everything to try to move to Kismaayo strictly because it’s the new capital and Kismayo would get first dibs on the federal government money for development to me Kismayo is much easier to control from a governing standpoint Xamar is a zoo

How would guys feel if the capital is moved from Xamar to Kismayo what do you think are are the pros and cons to this

@TekNiKo @Ferrari @Abdalla @Thegoodshepherd @nine @Sheikh @Fahad Yasin @SomaliWadaniSoldier @Factz @Karim @Crow @Bohol @Saalax Bidaar @embarassing @Luna
Bad idea. Moving the capital in itself is a bad idea. Alshabab will take their bombs wherever the new capital city is made. What is the point?

If it is decrease hawiye influence, wont the daroods in kismayo take their place and hold the government hostage? Also imagine a darood president having kismayo as the capital city, not sure hawiye would like that very much.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Kismayo is too divided and politically unstable to be the capital. If we're moving the capital, it helps to list the reasons why. Here are my reasons:
  1. Xamar is too dangerous. Suicide bombings and assassinations every week.
  2. Xamar is too rotten. After what happened in the 90s, I firmly believe that city is cursed. On top of that, Al Shabaab has had 10 years to create networks of allies and people to extort money from. There's an entire infrastructure in place to continue terrorizing the city. Moving the capital would force them to start from scratch, giving the FGS some room to breathe.
  3. The clan living in Xamar is by far the most destructive group of people in the entire country and are the main thing holding the country back. They constantly make threats of doing 1991 again when things don't go their way such as when Farmajo tried to punish the man who assassinated Minister Siraaj.
So a new capital should definitively solve these problems.

Gaalkacyo has been proposed in the past because of its central location and supposedly "mixed" status. However, this proposal is untenable because it would be switching the capital from a Hawiye city to a Darood city (in the end, everyone knows who owns that city). HG would rather plunge the country into another 30 years of war before letting that happen. Even if we somehow did make the capital Gaalkacyo, it would turn into Mogadishu 2.0 because the same people bombing Xamar today are already inside the city.

I think the most tolerable choice that both Hawiye and Darood could both agree on would have to be a city where neither of us live. Realistically though, HAG would never entertain the idea of moving the capital and risking their stranglehold on federal government politics. But let's think about the possibilities anyway.

The city that makes the most sense to me is Baydhabo. It was already the capital at one point when the savages had complete control over Mogadishu. I think it was a mistake to move the capital back. The only problem is I have no knowledge on the politics of Raxanweyn and their relationship with Al Shabaab, except I did hear that former Al Shabaab leader Roobow is going to be elected president of South West State next year. So Baydhabo might solve the HAG problem but not the terror problem.

If I could pick anywhere in the country, I would pick Borama because the people there are very peaceful and civilized, and far outside the reach of the filthy hands of reer Mogadishu. This is the one choice that I am sure solves the three problems that I listed.

If the political/clan situation stabilized in Mogadishu, Kismayo would still have one problem that Mogadishu has, which is, close proximity to Al Shabaab controlled areas where they can launch attacks from. Additionally, it being so close to the Kenyan border is a security issue for two reasons.

First the KDF itself is a threat but the second issue is that if there were active rebel groups at some point in the future like we had during the kacaan, Kenya could provide them with safe haven in NFD and they could easily launch attacks on the capital.

Last edited:

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic
Kismayo is too divided and politically unstable to be the capital. If we're moving the capital, it helps to list the reasons why. Here are my reasons:
  2. Xamar is too rotten. After what happened in the 90s, I firmly believe that city is cursed. On top of that, Al Shabaab has had 10 years to create networks of allies and people to extort money from. There's an entire infrastructure in place to continue terrorizing the city. Moving the capital would force them to start from scratch, giving the FGS some room to breathe.
  3. The clan living in Xamar is by far the most destructive group of people in the entire country and are the main thing holding the country back. They constantly make threats of doing 1991 again when things don't go their way such as when Farmajo tried to punish the man who assassinated Minister Siraaj.

Gaalkacyo has been proposed in the past because of its central location and supposedly "mixed" status. However, this proposal is untenable because it would be switching the capital from a Hawiye city to a Darood city (in the end, everyone knows who owns that city). HG would rather plunge the country into another 30 years of war before letting that happen. Even if we somehow did make the capital Gaalkacyo, it would turn into Mogadishu 2.0 because the same people bombing Xamar today are already inside the city.

I think the most tolerable choice that both Hawiye and Darood could both agree on would have to be a city where neither of us live. Realistically though, HAG would never entertain the idea of moving the capital and risking their stranglehold on federal government politics. But let's think about the possibilities anyway.

The city that makes the most sense to me is Baydhabo. It was already the capital at one point when the savages had complete control over Mogadishu. I think it was a mistake to move the capital back. The only problem is I have no knowledge on the politics of Raxanweyn and their relationship with Al Shabaab, except I did hear that former Al Shabaab leader Roobow is going to be elected president of South West State next year. So Baydhabo might solve the HAG problem but not the terror problem.

If I could pick anywhere in the country, I would pick Borama because the people there are very peaceful and civilized, and far outside the reach of the filthy hands of reer Mogadishu. This is the one choice that I am sure solves the three problems that I listed.
The reason Xamar is the way it is at the moment is because it is the capital. So wherever you go, the situation will be the same. You have to solve the problem first. Also, Boorama is deep in secessionist territory so that’s not possible.

Fahad Yasin

Duqbilow Nation

If the political/clan situation stabilized in Mogadishu, Kismayo would still have the one problem that Mogadishu has, which is, close proximity to Al Shabaab controlled areas where they can launch attacks from. Additionally, it being so close to the Kenyan border is a security issue for two reasons.

First the KDF itself is a threat but the second issue is that if there were active rebel groups at some point in the future like we had during the kacaan, Kenya could provide them with safe haven in NFD and they could easily launch attacks on the capital.

I'm not to fond of hawiye but my God MJ hatred for them is on another level. Moving the capital to Borama wouldn't be feasible I don't differentiate between reer awdal & idoors both are part & parcel of iidooria wasn't gadabursi on the frontlines in Tukraq mj's need to have our mindset when it comes to shisheey do you see Ogadens differentiating habar habar idoors from each other in the ddsi we karbaash them with no impunity. Baidoa is fishy, rahanweyn for such a large population seem rather inept politically and unable to govern I personally don't care where the capital is, wherever the capital is bombings & terrorism will follow let's keep in Xamar.

Shaolin23

If the political/clan situation stabilized in Mogadishu, Kismayo would still have the one problem that Mogadishu has, which is, close proximity to Al Shabaab controlled areas where they can launch attacks from. Additionally, it being so close to the Kenyan border is a security issue for two reasons.

Excellent response I would also like to add that the people of Lower Jubba and Kismaayo are very much different than the people of Xamar as you know a survival of a government depends on the people I believe Kismayo would just like any other city would experience more attacks from al Shabab but al Shabab would lack the tacit support of the population to do any maximum damage like they do in Xamar many rich businessmen and looters of personal and government property see no desire for law and order and a return of governance so they infiltrate the government through clan and routinely threaten to destroy the government if their bargaining chip Xamar were removed they would have to return what they took and start paying taxes to the government and not al Shabab

Shaolin23

Bad idea. Moving the capital in itself is a bad idea. Alshabab will take their bombs wherever the new capital city is made. What is the point?

If it is decrease hawiye influence, wont the daroods in kismayo take their place and hold the government hostage? Also imagine a darood president having kismayo as the capital city, not sure hawiye would like that very much.
What about Abdiqasim,Sheikh Sharif,Hassan Sheikh they were all Hawiye men ruling in Xamar what gives them all the rights while we are guests in Xamar:drakewtf:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

#Puntlandfirst
VIP
Keep it where it is, the state capitals will be more powerful while xamar remains symbolic capital city when the rest of the states finally get going. The only thing that should be handled in xamar is foreign policy and everything in the name of somalia needs to be shared equally for us to move forward.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
It would have to be a city that is not close to the borders with Ethiopia or Kenya. That would rule out Kismayo.

In my opinion Ceerigaabo could work. You have Isaaq and Darood that both live in the city side by side relatively peacefully.

But I personally doubt the capital would be moved anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.