kinship in Islam my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Establishing family ties means having some form of contact, even if it is by phone. There is no limit for how often one must visit his relatives to not fall in sin. Rather, it varies from person to person. Continue contacting them over the phone, send them gifts etc, and you're not cutting family ties.

As for visiting them in person, it is what is conventionally known as upholding family ties. You have to figure out a way to overcome your awkwardness. I used to avoid family meetings back in the days. Now I go myself and visit them whenever the opportunity is given. How to overcome it is an issue you have to tackle yourself. Your decision is a very good start, and I pray that Allaah makes it easy for you.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Establishing family ties means having some form of contact, even if it is by phone. There is no limit for how often one must visit his relatives to not fall in sin. Rather, it varies from person to person. Continue contacting them over the phone, send them gifts etc, and you're not cutting family ties.

As for visiting them in person, it is what is conventionally known as upholding family ties. You have to figure out a way to overcome your awkwardness. I used to avoid family meetings back in the days. Now I go myself and visit them whenever the opportunity is given. How to overcome it is an issue you have to tackle yourself. Your decision is a very good start, and I pray that Allaah makes it easy for you.
thank you i will visit my dad side of the family when the time comes inshallah but i am talking about in the long run and when i move overseas i never seen my cousins from my mum side and it would be awkward for me to reach out to them considering theyre all married and live seperate lives would i really be punished for this? bcos we are not hating each other or anything or is it sufficant to hold ties with parents, siblings, and some uncles or would i go to hell if i dont extend my ties despite their being no grudge with one another

thank you i will visit my dad side of the family when the time comes inshallah but i am talking about in the long run and when i move overseas i never seen my cousins from my mum side and it would be awkward for me to reach out to them considering theyre all married and live seperate lives would i really be punished for this? bcos we are not hating each other or anything or is it enough to hold ties with parents, siblings, and some uncles or would i go to hell if i dont extend my ties despite their being no grudge with one another

I do not see it how it would be sinful. But to avoid all of this you could just write a message once in a while and greet them and ask how their lives are going. You might have some close relatives that are in need of money that you could send a dollar or two. Just having some sort of connection is enough, you do not have to visit them in their house. I would argue that for most people, this is almost impossible since a single family could be found living in each corner of the world.

I have not met the majority of my uncles, aunts and first cousins. But I try to greet them once in a while by phone, on FB etc. That's about what is possible for me at the moment.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I do not see it how it would be sinful. But to avoid all of this you could just write a message once in a while and greet them and ask how their lives are going. You might have some close relatives that are in need of money that you could send a dollar or two. Just having some sort of connection is enough, you do not have to visit them in their house. I would argue that for most people, this is almost impossible since a single family could be found living in each corner of the world.

I have not met the majority of my uncles, aunts and first cousins. But I try to greet them once in a while by phone, on FB etc. That's about what is possible for me at the moment.
my cousins from my mum side live all the way in australia i never seen them and havent spoken to them since 2004 which was once when i was a kid it would be weird and difficult to reach out to them because they are all married and live different lives can i just let them go in peace since i dont even know them like that nor do i know their facebook , whatssap etc... and me suffering from social anxiety will make things even more difficult and instead focus on my immediate family e.g uncles mom dad, sisters because i dont want to go to hell because of this im sure the closest is obligatory which is parents and then your siblings, and than your uncles and aunts can this be sufficiant alone to avoid allah curse

my cousins from my mum side live all the way in australia i never seen them and havent spoken to them since 2004 which was once when i was a kid it would be weird and difficult to reach out to them because they are all married and live different lives can i just let them go in peace since i dont even know them like that nor do i know their facebook , whatssap etc... and me suffering from social anxiety will make things even more difficult and instead focus on my immediate family e.g uncles mom dad, sisters because i dont want to go to hell because of this im sure the closest is obligatory which is parents and then your siblings, and than your uncles and aunts can this be sufficiant alone to avoid allah curse

You're only obliged to what you can do. Do your best and rest assured that Allaah knows what's in the heart.

So fear Allah as much as you are able... [64:16]

And be patient, for indeed, Allah does not allow to be lost the reward of those who do good. [11:115]

I send a short Whatsapp voice messages or text saying salam every few months to relatives I feel awkward speaking to on the phone. I hope Inshallah that will fulfill my obligation.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Update: I went and met up with my dad side of he family and alhamdulilah it was a very fun day delicious food was served and we all communicated and had a laugh and inshallah I will visit them again soon

Honestly i hate certain family members and cut ties with them forever! even if i'm asked on judgement day will blame them for our bad blood. Most are greedy and would not help even if you are starving! they never helped us and yet want to feed off our success like leeches. I'm just saying if it was haram then imagine the prophet having an uncle like abu lahab and having to keep ties with him.

Certain relatives are devils! and deserve to be cut off.

:kodaksmiley::birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts