King Charles III Coronation

It's my birthday, unfortunately. The only royal that seemed somewhat likeable isn't even alive. Charles never loved her and stole her youth but couldn't quite dim her flame, even posthumously. Instead, he chose an unattractive and then middle-aged Islan, that was married with kids (as a mistress) who rejected him in his youth.​
If one considers lady Di's dalliances including that of James Hewitt, her bodyguard, whispered to have sired Harry, and her trysts with Dr. Hasnet, whose mother forbid his interest in her, whilst still married, and her midnight pillow calls to Fleet Street, then one would realise the good lady was not that innocent, granted she wrestled with post natal depression giving way to mental issues.

Still, of all the women at his disposal, I could not believe he could choose Camila.

Happy birthday, and many happy returns. A great spectacle, but you have not missed much.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
If one considers lady Di's dalliances including that of James Hewitt, her bodyguard, whispered to have sired Harry, and her trysts with Dr. Hasnet, whose mother forbid his interest in her, whilst still married, and her midnight pillow calls to Fleet Street, then one would realise the good lady was not that innocent, granted she wrestled with post natal depression giving way to mental issues.

Still, of all the women at his disposal, I could not believe he could choose Camila.

Happy birthday, and many happy returns. A great spectacle, but you have not missed much.
Don't slander Princess Diana. I can't believe you would say that.

:kendrickcry:

Edit: Also, Charles was terrible to her.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Still, of the women at his disposal, I could not believe he could choose Camila.

I'm aware she was far from a saint. I do not approve of what she did. However, she was a third wheel from the start of her marriage (he had a mistress from the beginning). She had to tolerate emotional abuse, a serial pedo brother-in-law (Andrew) and Godfather to her children (Jimmy Savile, who moonlit as a necrophile).

Though thank you for the Birthday wishes.​

Don't slander Princess Diana. I can't believe you would say that.

:kendrickcry:

Edit: Also, Charles was terrible to her.
Walaal, it is not slander, for she was a flawed person, just like most of us. Those of you in the colonies only receive polished versions of the royals, including her.

Agreed, Charles is a terrible person, who abuses his staff.

Just a perspective from a non monarchist Brit.

Does anyone knows why Qatar is the only* country in the khaleej, where the β€˜queen’ or the spouse of the monarch take a public role and not have their identity hidden?

Emir Tamam and his wife during the coronation
The Best Looks from Foreign Royals at King Charles's Coronation

His mother was always present with the former Emir
Sheikh Hamad and Sheikha Mozah The Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa  al-Thani, 61, has abdicated in favor of his s… | Fashion, Royal fashion,  Fashion outfits

*with the exception being when the Dubai ruler when he was married to princess Haya, sister of Jordanian king. But she, alike Jordanian royals always take a big role in the public, males or females. So technically, it doesn’t count.

JackieBurkhart

Walaal, it is not slander, for she was a flawed person, just like most of us. Those of you in the colonies only receive polished versions of the royals, including her.

Agreed, Charles is a terrible person, who abuses his staff.

Just a perspective from a non monarchist Brit.
I'm not a British adoon, no thank you. Also, I don't have particularly strong feelings about her. I was jesting, if you will.

Well, not interested in the least bit, we had to study their bloody history, did not we?

Aight. Well, the UK royals seem differently than the rest of Europe, where they are less low-key, especially their 'non-polished' appearances in the public, i.e. their relationship with the press/tabloids. The British ones, come across like a drama-induced royal family, where they oftentimes end in scandals. To the point that a non-monarchist like me, know more than I should and probably how most non-Brits are familiar with them.

It's my birthday, unfortunately. The only royal that seemed somewhat likeable isn't even alive. Charles never loved her and stole her youth but couldn't quite dim her flame, even posthumously. Instead, he chose an unattractive and then middle-aged Islan, that was married with kids (as a mistress) who rejected him in his youth.​
Unfortunately?? :ayaanswag:
happy birthday!! @Sophisticate
Instead, he chose an unattractive and then middle-aged Islan, that was married with kids (as a mistress) who rejected him in his youth.
These two were obsessed with each other. Diana could not compete with this madness.

B9125892-07E0-4DAD-B163-AA81D75741A7.jpeg

Aight. Well, the UK royals seem differently than the rest of Europe, where they are less low-key, especially their 'non-polished' appearances in the public, i.e. their relationship with the press/tabloids. The British ones, come across like a drama-induced royal family, where they oftentimes end in scandals. To the point that a non-monarchist like me, know more than I should and probably how most non-Brits are familiar with them.
True, besides, in London, you could not pick up a newspaper without their pictures splashed on the front page, and sordid affairs detailed as if the latest Maastricht treatise, or Mystic Megs predictions of Doomsday. A good read though en route to, or back from work whilst herded on the tube for hours.

JackieBurkhart

Aight. Well, the UK royals seem differently than the rest of Europe, where they are more low-key and have a more 'polished' appearances. The Brittish on the other hand, come across like a drama-induced royal family, where they end in some form of scandal very often. To the point that a non-monarchist like me, know more than I should and how most non-Brits are familiar with them.
Agree, they're too loud. I prefer Sweden. I mean, they know a real geeljire when they see it:

1683433789085.png

Agree, they're too loud. I prefer Sweden. I mean, they know a real geeljire when they see it:

View attachment 271239

Right. He's celebrating his 50th year as a king this year and despite this, he've chosen to not make a big public spectacle out of it, despite a bigger celebration incoming.

Also, he've cut down the size of the royal family, to only give titles to his direct successors and their respective families. As well as withdrawn apanage from his daughter who lives in Florida, since she don't fulfill her royal duties anymore.

Basically trying to reform and fit in the monarchy with the current time, to make it more 'appropriate' and retain public support. Which he indeed still enjoys.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Unfortunately?? :ayaanswag:
happy birthday!! @Sophisticate

These two were obsessed with each other. Diana could not compete with this madness.

View attachment 271237
Thanks for the b-day greetings. His coronation was unfortunate. He's simply not likeable in the slightest. Diana had her troubles but she was stepping into a family full of secrets and scandals. I noticed the defamation claiming Diana cheated first. When the affair with Camilla took place in the mid-80s well before Diana. It's interesting how he wishes to make it seem like he was a man trapped in a loveless marriage. He chose that and takes no responsibility nor personal accountability. His past is more sordid than hers. Just look at the sort of company he kept. I mentioned a bit of it above.​

Trending

Latest posts