Kibir and remittance

There are jobs available, just not high skilled office jobs. Somalia should be filled with trade schools not universities, we do not need high skill jobs in a country that is recovering from a 30 year war. Construction workers and welders are imported, even our agriculture is imported because people don't want to work in the fields anymore. Everyone wants to work in an office or not work at all. Khaleeji attitude without the khaleeji money, its pitiful.
Good point. You can’t eat pencils and books. Somalis should focus on factories , agriculture and vocational training and occupations of that sort.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
There are jobs available, just not high skilled office jobs. Somalia should be filled with trade schools not universities, we do not need high skill jobs in a country that is recovering from a 30 year war. Construction workers and welders are imported, even our agriculture is imported because people don't want to work in the fields anymore. Everyone wants to work in an office or not work at all. Khaleeji attitude without the khaleeji money, its pitiful.
Pee Wee Reaction GIF

I'm currently in Somalia staying on a road with many young graduates, 90% are all unemployed. There are jobs available, but I've been told by older relatives that these jobs are disliked and viewed as low-class. Mind you, the people here have mostly useless degrees that aren't suitable for Somalia: political science, business etc. There are barely any trade schools here, no one is interested in vocational skills despite vocational jobs being the only jobs available. This kibir is being upheld by the system of remittance. They don't care to work because they don't have to, they live off the few hundreds of dollars their families abroad send and live large off of that. I'm from Minnesota and it angers me to think all over the backbreaking Amazon overnight shifts taken on by middle aged Somalis to support these lazy leeches. We need to stop this cycle!
Wonderful thread to make as when I was there I noticed the same thing. They’re educated with degrees I’m sorry to say is pretty useless outside the country and when I mentioned the jobs here available like construction and hard manual labour, they scoffed at the idea and got disgusted! I’ll never forget that, but they love the money sent to them. They mocked the fact that my one uncle works at a warehouse but they love the money that’s coming.

These were grown men that said “those jobs are for Madows, not us”.

Funny thing is when I mentioned how if they wanna come to the beloved western countries they love, they’ll have to do the jobs they hate while there, and they didn’t believe me and said,”no I’ll work at a nice office”.

Please remember, these men in my family don’t represent the plenty of hard working men there tho, so take with a grain of salt.

Absolutely, they all want easy office jobs with air conditioning, Can you believe in my local village I was called midg##n for volunteering at my local brick laying factory who was my neighbour. All my relatives called me and told me to stop immediately and that I was “embarassing them” :snoop: :jcoleno:

In most societies, builders, carpenters, blacksmiths are respected and they're seen as 'manly' jobs. In traditional Somali societies, those jobs are reserved for the one's they deem inferior, the midgans and Bantus and when it comes to building an Areesh (traditional Somali accommodation), Its women. What society makes women build? Asking for/expecting handouts is also seen as better then doing backbreaking work, when in most cultures, fit healthy men who have the potiential to earn halal money would feel ashamed to ask for money.

Wonderful thread to make as when I was there I noticed the same thing. They’re educated with degrees I’m sorry to say is pretty useless outside the country and when I mentioned the jobs here available like construction and hard manual labour, they scoffed at the idea and got disgusted! I’ll never forget that, but they love the money sent to them. They mocked the fact that my one uncle works at a warehouse but they love the money that’s coming.

These were grown men that said “those jobs are for Madows, not us”.

Funny thing is when I mentioned how if they wanna come to the beloved western countries they love, they’ll have to do the jobs they hate while there, and they didn’t believe me and said,”no I’ll work at a nice office”.

Please remember, these men in my family don’t represent the plenty of hard working men there tho, so take with a grain of salt.

No, sis that's most of them. I saw a tiktok of a young carpenter or was he electrian? I can't even remember. But he was talking about his family saying that he behaves like a midgaan.

No, sis that's most of them. I saw a tiktok of a young carpenter or was he electrian? I can't even remember. But he was talking about his family saying that he behaves like a midgaan.
Looooool, that’s crazy.
But yes the men in my family back there were all disgusted with the idea of working a construction, painting job, or job in water management. When those were the jobs I saw that’s probably in high demand over there due to the infrastructure in the area I lived in.

I have some relatives who refused to come here, when offered with sponsorship cause they didn’t want to work as a cleaner or taxi driver.
Go figure.

In most societies, builders, carpenters, blacksmiths are respected and they're seen as 'manly' jobs. In traditional Somali societies, those jobs are reserved for the one's they deem inferior, the midgans and Bantus and when it comes to building an Areesh (traditional Somali accommodation), Its women. What society makes women build? Asking for/expecting handouts is also seen as better then doing backbreaking work, when in most cultures, fit healthy men who have the potiential to earn halal money would feel ashamed to ask for money.
I noticed the same thing happened when me and my mom would help the maid clean. They were shocked when we said, in Canada we don’t got maids to help, it’s not like those bollywood movies ywatch.

And your hundred percent right, as those jobs you described I noticed it was mostly Somali Bantus working them.

They in denial of what it’s like for the type of jobs new immigrants would get. Funny thing is janitorial work and construction here in Alberta gets very good pay but they wouldn’t dare do them.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Somali culture truly needs an update, it was created by lazy men who want to chew on khat and sleep the next minute. yes handout is so normalized, and people who no shame asking someone for it. you will see some men at the market bothering people.

Handout is worse when they know from somewhere, my brother went back home, his phone, ps4 and many things were taken from him because of handouts and those who took it were all some people that happened to live the same neighborhood as us back in Africa. He was bothered everyday with new person coming to complain to him about how their life is going, and most were his friends and some were mfs who had families so he felt bad saying no.

:dead1:The family would rather have a man who stays home and complains then one who goes out of his way to make money for himself and for his family. Somalis are so retarded

Somali culture truly needs an update, it was created by lazy men who want to chew on khat and sleep the next minute. yes handout is so normalized, and people who no shame asking someone for it. you will see some men at the market bothering people.

Handout is worse when they know from somewhere, my brother went back home, his phone, ps4 and many things were taken from him because of handouts and those who took it were all some people that happened to live the same neighborhood as us back in Africa. He was bothered everyday with new person coming to complain to him about how their life is going, and most were his friends and some were mfs who had families so he felt bad saying no.

:dead1:The family would rather have a man who stays home and complains then one who goes out of his way to make money for himself and for his family. Somalis are so retarded
My goodness, do y’all know my relatives over there or something ? You guys are describing them down to a t loooool.

They would constantly ask me to have my iPhone since I’m from the west and supposedly rich. And they would bother my mom the first day we came for money, but at the same time refused to work.
What happened to your brother is sad and very common when you go there with those type of items.

Psychologist

Changemaker
My goodness, do y’all know my relatives over there or something ? You guys are describing them down to a t loooool.

They would constantly ask me to have my iPhone since I’m from the west and supposedly rich. And they would bother my mom the first day we came for money, but at the same time refused to work.
What happened to your brother is sad and very common when you go there with those type of items.
So common and they would manipulate and guilt trip people. It's better to go there without telling anyone but once someone finds out, the whole neighborhood knows it. they let each other know who to harass, its like a job for them.

mfs will do everything expect get a job :trumpsmirk:

The reasons why we are underdeveloped and bottom barrel has been well documented on her from gross entitlement syndrome, terrible work ethic and generally a disgusting backward culture we all share.

The worst part about the people in that country is there lack of compassion, empathy and mercy towards each other and even animals, a person born in the diaspora would never be able to grasp the sheer magnitude of evil and xasad these people harbour.

I believe this to be the primary reason why they are punished and remain bottom barrel, this fake pride that is discussed is part of the punishment, these conditions will only change when the people change.

However without remittance there would be no Somalia, these people would have been wiped out and the country absorbed by our neighbours, you don't destroy the backbone of your econmy especially as a failed state and surive.

We are already bottom barrel in the diaspora, now imagine being a foreigner in your own land being dictated to by Kikuyu or Tigray, allahu musta'an.

The reasons why we are underdeveloped and bottom barrel has been well documented on her from gross entitlement syndrome, terrible work ethic and generally a disgusting backward culture we all share.

The worst part about the people in that country is there lack of compassion, empathy and mercy towards each other and even animals, a person born in the diaspora would never be able to grasp the sheer magnitude of evil and xasad these people harbour.

I believe this to be the primary reason why they are punished and remain bottom barrel, this fake pride that is discussed is part of the punishment, these conditions will only change when the people change.

However without remittance there would be no Somalia, these people would have been wiped out and the country absorbed by our neighbours, you don't destroy the backbone of your econmy especially as a failed state and surive.

We are already bottom barrel in the diaspora, now imagine being a foreigner in your own land being dictated to by Kikuyu or Tigray, allahu musta'an.
starvation is the mother innovation

But sometimes you got to break the system to fix it. We need to completely cease all remittance payments to Somalia or drastically limit it to an emergency only basis.

Diaspora Somali’s have played a key hand in creating the perverse economic structure in Somalia where people are incentivised to beg rather than work. Less talked about is how we've fuelled a massive population boom that could not have been created or sustained without remittance money.

Something alarming I've observed over the decades from my parents is that they found themselves sending more and more money as time passed….for example my mom used to send money to her half brother (who had 1 child at the time) starting back in 1996…..fast forward 2021…..she sends money to support his 6 kids….and a grandchild. She pays for all their schooling. 2 more of those kids are going to get married soon, an no one in the family has income and they're expecting her to pay.

My mom has been asking me to chip in (i very reluctantly do so and hate it with every fiber of my being). I sound evil here but I'd 100% cut them all off if my mother was to pass away today.

We underestimate humans capacity to survive. Maybe if we haven't flooded the country with remittance money people there would get a long better and cooperate to survive.

They’re gonna need to get it together within the next generation, because I highly doubt most of the generation born in the west are going to send their money to people they barely know or have never even met

But sometimes you got to break the system to fix it. We need to completely cease all remittance payments to Somalia or drastically limit it to an emergency only basis.

Diaspora Somali’s have played a key hand in creating the perverse economic structure in Somalia where people are incentivised to beg rather than work. Less talked about is how we've fuelled a massive population boom that could not have been created or sustained without remittance money.

Something alarming I've observed over the decades from my parents is that they found themselves sending more and more money as time passed….for example my mom used to send money to her half brother (who had 1 child at the time) starting back in 1996…..fast forward 2021…..she sends money to support his 6 kids….and a grandchild. She pays for all their schooling. 2 more of those kids are going to get married soon, an no one in the family has income and they're expecting her to pay.

My mom has been asking me to chip in (i very reluctantly do so and hate it with every fiber of my being). I sound evil here but I'd 100% cut them all off if my mother was to pass away today.

We underestimate humans capacity to survive. Maybe if we haven't flooded the country with remittance money people there would get a long better and cooperate to survive.

Correct. Cold Turkey is the way to go, I’m concerned that the continuous tahribs means the system will be forever ongoing. This sounds bad, but Europe and North America needs to stop taking in Somalis. It’s not sustainable for a country’s economy to continue like this.

It is Aqal Heeriyo. Cariish/Areesh is semi-permanent structure made of sticks, clay and a roofing of iron sheet or thatched grass or palm leaves.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Absolutely, they all want easy office jobs with air conditioning, Can you believe in my local village I was called midg##n for volunteering at my local brick laying factory who was my neighbour. All my relatives called me and told me to stop immediately and that I was “embarassing them” :snoop: :jcoleno:
"Waryaa midganyaho naga tag!!"
2 h later

"Waryaa lacgta soo dir guriga cunto mayaale" :dead: