Khoisan view of non-Khoisan African peoples?

Not much:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It really is true. I was shocked by it, but it makes sense from a logic standpoint (they split 200k years ago). This was before proto-Eurasians left Africa.
Interesting
could you link me some sources on it @Apollo
rocktheboat305 said:
damn they have 5c hair
they grow locked hair, they have to go through dubious processes for a fro

Been wondering that myself. It's a profound question that needs answering.

I read somewhere that hunter-gatherer societies tend to be more democratic, egalitarian and less misogynistic compared with farming and pastoral communities.

Hierarchical society and strict sexual segregation only came about during the Neolithic farming revolution. That's probably when you start to see single male Y-dna haplogroups start to dominate because chieftains and kings now have a monopoly on resources and women.

I read somewhere that hunter-gatherer societies tend to be more democratic, egalitarian and less misogynistic compared with farming and pastoral communities.

Hierarchical society and strict sexual segregation only came about during the Neolithic farming revolution. That's probably when you start to see single male Y-dna haplogroups start to dominate because chieftains and kings now have a monopoly on resources and women.
Hunter-gatherer societies were egalitarian, in a big way explained by their small band of groupings, somewhat characterized as extended families. Naturally, we see organizational stratifications forming in bigger groups that subsist on predictive sedentary agriculture yields, and this creates inequality. I’m sure this can be tested through computational simulations, in the form of game theory, plus experiments capturing agent-based behavioral models.

Do you perhaps have any source on pattern changes in uniparental diversity from the times of hunter-gatherers until later times? Your explanation about the possible reduction in paternal lineage diversity with the advent of the agricultural revolution makes intuitive sense -- it is a fact that genetic diversity got reduced -- but I’m not sure about Y-DNA patterns or if it was influenced by the same type of correlative effects.

My question was did hunter-gatherers perceive outsiders, other foragers, including farmers with the same discriminatory disposition, or did they see themselves closer to other distinct hunter-gatherers preferentially over farmers that behaved differently in all manners. It’s a shame these things were not documented.

Do you perhaps have any source on pattern changes in uniparental diversity from the times of hunter-gatherers until later times? Your explanation about the possible reduction in paternal lineage diversity with the advent of the agricultural revolution makes intuitive sense -- it is a fact that genetic diversity got reduced -- but I’m not sure about Y-DNA patterns or if it was influenced by the same type of correlative effects.

I think @Apollo previously posted an article about the phenomenon to explain why T-Y45591 was so successful in Somalia.

I think @Apollo previously posted an article about the phenomenon to explain why T-Y45591 was so successful in Somalia.
I'm aware of the significant founder effect phenomenon the Somalis experienced. I wondered if this was the general rule subsequently after the change in subsistence strategies and the social/cultural/economic inequalities that came with it through the Neolithic, and that conversely, the hunter-gatherers had more diversity in Y-DNA.

Apollo

VIP

This article?

Neolithic reduced Y diversity, but also spread Y lineages to totally different areas from where they originally lived (like T from Northern Middle East all the way to Tanzania).

Interesting
could you link me some sources on it @Apollo

Lots of jargon, but the Yoruba (stand in for most non-HG Africans) are closer to Eurasians than to the San Bushmen (page 136 of the PDF):

Keeysan

The humble one
This is more of germanic ancestry
The ones with goats have the most amounts of South Cushitic in that area (something like 17%? if I remember correctly). Their name is Nama, google for Nama tribe. They look more civilized.

1OEXyAi.jpg

0s2kCD2.jpg
Khoisan are two macro groups. San are the proper HG and khoikhoi add in some small pastoralism to the mix. The latter group has minor horner ancestry like 6%

Trending

Latest posts