Khat state of Somalia (Somaliland region): Spends $190 million on khat in 6 months

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
90% seems a bit off, unless you're trying to engage in fdk session:nahgirl:
This whole thread is a fkd session instigated by a MOD of all people.
It's estimated that 90 percent of adult males in the autonomous region of Somaliland chew khat for mirqaan, the Somali word for its euphoric effect.
Another concern in Somaliland is the rising number of teenagers chewing khat while smoking shisha, exacerbating health risks, Saeed said. She estimated about 20 percent of Somaliland women already chew khat - a figure which continues to rise - although they do so out of the public eye.
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/f...zz-ethiopia-khat-convoys-150325100843701.html
Around 90 percent of adult males in Somaliland chew the narcotic plant khat. They’re after 'mirqaan,' the Somali word for the buzz that it can give. Somalilanders spend a total of more than $1 million (930,000 euros) a day on khat. 'My friends lend me the money,' said Abdikhalid when asked how he can afford khat even though he is out of work. 'Once I’m employed again I will return the favor.'
'Many women entered the khat business after the civil war as it was the only way to provide for their families,' Aidid says. 'After they started doing it, they knew how to do it well, so they continued. An unaccountable number of women now sell khat.' An estimated 20 percent of Somaliland women also chew khat and the figure is rising. Women normally consume it in private.
https://www.dw.com/en/chewing-khat-in-somaliland/g-18371308

Treat the wounded area, dont generalize. Out of 1000 men in puntland you might find 1 who eats that stuff, and its more of a recreational activity one or twice a week. During my stay at garowe i have seen not even a single stand of jaad.

Ahmed madoobe banned it from landing in the airport or sea port,

but he realised they may do to him what they did to siad barre when he banned qaat, 1door started SNM, so ahmed allows speed small boats to of load them on the beach, but he doesn't take a single penny believing its haraam,

if it was me i would lock up all qaat eaters until prison made them forget qaat

Trending

Latest posts