Khadiijo Diiriye " Af Maay Ku hadal cidii fahmi weydo iyada u taala"

That's a good idea.
You should invest in af many media like music and film like that recent somali school drama but in af maay. I don't know why people on this forum act like af maay is looked down upon. Famous somali singers like Hasan Adan Samatar were known to be singing in af maay.

Last edited:

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
You should invest in af many media like music and film like that recent somali school drama but in af maay. I don't know why people on this forum act like af maay is looked down upon. Famous somali singers like Hasan Adan Samatar were known to be singing in af many.
Over the years it has increased. Like Arlaadi media news on Facebook etc.

But we still have a long way to go. That's actually a good idea we need more films and TV shows in Af Maay

Over the years it has increased. Like Arlaadi media news on Facebook etc.

But we still have a long way to go. That's actually a good idea we need more films and TV shows in Af Maay
That's good to hear because in the past the issue was that even if one wanted to learn af maay, there were very little resources out there.

mohamedismail

That's good to hear because in the past the issue was that even if one wanted to learn af maay, there were very little resources out there.
There's actually people behind the scenes to try and make that easier. Inshallah very soon that stuff will make it easier

mohamedismail

Are there really people who are so ignorant to not understand af maay, I can understand qurbojoog people but if you are a resident of Somalia you should at least be able to understand
Yes there is.

But there are also people who say that because of pure hatred and disrespect to the Maay dialect and Maay people

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Yes there is.

But there are also people who say that because of pure hatred and disrespect to the Maay dialect and Maay people

You are downplaying the fact that af maay and af maxaa tiri are mutually unintelligible, you cannot understand if you are not bilingual.

mohamedismail

You are downplaying the fact that af maay and af maxaa tiri are mutually unintelligible, you cannot understand if you are not bilingual.
Yes I do agree. Some people mainly northerners don't understand maay at all.

There is also southerners that say they don't understand maay when in reality they doo.

Are there no official work specified language for the national assembly? Who am I kidding, all the ministers tweet in english.

I understand the need to teach and agree that af maay should be preserved, but when it comes to the national assembly there should be an offical language everyone understands. There's no way anyone north of Galkacyo understood what's said in the video.

Last edited:

mohamedismail

Are there no official work specified language for the national assembly? Who am I kidding, all the ministers tweet in english like.

I understand the need to teach and agree that af maay should be preserved, but when it comes to the national assembly there should be an offical language everyone understands. There's no way anyone north of Galkacyo understood what's said in the video.

https://www.somalispot.com/posts/3730074/react?reaction_id=1
They should learn. How can you call yourself Somalia Nd not understand?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Yes I do agree. Some people mainly northerners don't understand maay at all.

There is also southerners that say they don't understand maay when in reality they doo.
Southern af maxaa speakers might understand few words but to say they understand is would not be true.

Trending

Latest posts