Kenya gives UNHCR 14 days to close Dadaab and Kakuma Refugee Camps

Are these refugees gonna pour back into kismayo and xamar?? Disaster waiting to happen of epic proportions
How? Wouldn’t they be going back to their country? Unless you’re referring to lack of infrastructure.

These refugee camps should’ve closed years ago and Somalia should’ve had a plan to bring their people back home.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
They need to shut those refugee camps down, we need our people to come back home. A lot of horrible things go down in those camps. My hooyo told me soldiers would randomly come and harass refugees. She said she saw a pregnant women get kicked in the stomach once.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
They need to shut those refugee camps down, we need our people to come back home. A lot of horrible things go down in those camps. My hooyo told me soldiers would randomly come and harass refugees. She said she saw a pregnant women get kicked in the stomach once.
What year was when your hooyo saw that

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
So sad that they are taking their aggression out on innocent people, does anyone know if there are other ethnicities in those camps?

I dont think they will shut it down since they get paid allot of money to host refugees

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We need our people to come back home, those refugee camps were suppose to be temporary not last decades. Hopefully we will all be reunited :)

I dont think they will shut it down since they get paid allot of money to host refugees
It’s seems like a bluff to me. Somalis in Dadaab can go back to Somalia right? It’s not a jail. So, would they rather be refugees next door or wouldn’t it be better to set up programs to have them reintegrate into Somali society? It’s wild just how much money is made off of Somalia’s chaos and narrow-mindedness. Like @Jiron said, these camps were supposed to be temporary, yet have been around for 30 years. Unbelievable.

So sad that they are taking their aggression out on innocent people, does anyone know if there are other ethnicities in those camps?

I dont think they'll close it they're bluffing! They make way more money out of the refugees, UNHCR employs so many kenyans like teachers, doctors, aid workers in those camps.

Also would be great to finally close it down, there are displaced people in every somali city, it isnt fit for purpose to have refugees in Kenya when there is no war going on inside Somalia, set them up in xamar or kismayo.

How? Wouldn’t they be going back to their country? Unless you’re referring to lack of infrastructure.

These refugee camps should’ve closed years ago and Somalia should’ve had a plan to bring their people back home.

I would assume that living conditions are better inside Kenyan camps than Somalia? Jubaland is unable to accommodate all refugees pouring down into Lower Juba. They pose a security threat and could be forced to join Alshabab.

Just set up UN camps across somalia. There is more than enough space. The UNHCR sets up camps and pays the fms to house these people and take care of security why should our people be harassed by these apes?

274,000 somalis still live their, I had some friends who were their for a bit its not a good place at all. Crazy how some of these people who were responsible live comfortably while they sent hundreds of thousands to become refugees.

274,000 somalis still live their, I had some friends who were their for a bit its not a good place at all. Crazy how some of these people who were responsible live comfortably while they sent hundreds of thousands to become refugees.
We should open camps in the country. The UN can build mini villages in Syria so why no in PL, galmudug and other places?