'Keeping a man'.

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Can you imagine, my whole argu

Are you dumb or what? Its not the only point. The first bit in the bold is the OVERALL point! The fact that men and women are RAISED to believe men's needs in actual relationships and life is more important is my whole entire point is obviously a lot deeper than divorce. Because it extends to most parts of the relationship between men and women. The whole divorced 8 times thing was a specific example I gave you as how it can manifests itself! My whole thing is that society has made marriage a one way thing. And that was my original point.

At this point, i don't even know what is wrong with you. This whole interaction with you is ironic, i'm dealing with a nacaas that can't read that would use any specific example to try and bring down my point and then you have the audacity to try and call me a 'blockhead'?!

Clearly this is personal to you. So dumb.
This is also personal to u cause all u seem to talk about is gender relationships marriage and usually talk about how men are privileged or less pressured always and women are the miskiin victims why do you do that please not all men are privileged less pressured misogynist and not all women are miskiin pressured by society no privilege

Last edited:
Whats funny is that women perpetuate this thinking. Men (most, not all) benefit from this arrangement, so why would they have a problem with it?

The message, is actually sad if you think about it. The amount of insecurity one must feel to believe that they must work to "keep" a man is crazy. I actually feel sorry for those types of women. A man is not an entity that needs to be "kept" and if I were a man, I'd be downright insulted to be viewed in that manner.

Exactly sis, but we have to admit women are raised this way and society peddles that shit. Even growing up when little girls make mistakes, even before they are at an age to get married, families would be like 'who will marry you' 'your husband will divorce you if you do xyz ect', if they mess up a dish or something. Men are not raised with that mentality. In fact, before marriage all they are seeing is mum and sis doing everything for them.

A lot of it is internalised misogyny that is programmed into women. The fact that i'm being attacked by dusties doesn't suprise me, they will fight tooth and nail to keep this mentality going because it benefits them. Can you imagine i'm having idiots argue with me and some insinuating i'm going to end up a single mother for just saying 'hey, women's needs are just as valuable in relationships'. Even that is a threat to them!

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
The phrase has always irked me and I always found it misogynistic. Why is it that men 'need to be kept', and women are shamed for their divorce when many women leave simply because their husbands couldn't/ wouldn't give them their rights?

It implies that relationships are one way, and that marriage is simply about male happiness. It also, got me wondering, if society is so obsessed with women fulfilling the needs of men and instructing women on being good wives, what about women's happiness? Women's emotional and physical needs?

Its beginning to dawn on me, that there is no emphasis on men 'keeping women' so do you think many men go into relationships with either no clue or at worse no care?
keeping a man sounds stupid a relationship is a two way street both should compromise, sacrifice and make each other happy

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
This topic shouldn't be controversial at all.
Both partners should keep each other happy. 4 pages of people arguing about the basics of marriage is quite embarrassing tbh.

Well, that is the problem with men like you. You can't keep any women as you lack manners and aklaaq. What good man talks about sleeping around?

I think you should focus on your duties of being a good husband and man, for starters stop advocating haraam.
if you don't love your fiance/fiancee then both of you should never get married because you wouldn't be having this problem

Supply and demand baby
As time goes on the demand for well established guys increases. That means there's more women willing to go an extra step to satisfy their men.
Now, if you act all feminist that's your right but then don't blame a guy for being seduced when you give him a hard time.

That’s not what I have an issue with. I agree with your first point, but that’s not what your thread is about.

You were talking about the phrase “keeping a man”. I see no problem with that phrase, if you like a man and you think he’s perfect for you. Wouldn’t you WANT to keep him?

Also, my first post was getting at the fact that talking about this type of topic is just a waste of time. In reality these kinds of things only affect you if you let it affect you. So what’s the point of babbling over something that won’t affect you?
You claim to support @Angelina when she said both spouses should keep each other happy yet you defended even supported someone who said 'Please Angelina, if your gonna marry someone let them know you want equal rights. Don’t let him waste his money and time.'
Just admit you are a rabid misogynist it's better than lying and presenting yourself as an ally when you clearly aren't.:leon::mjlaugh::mjpls:

The phrase has always irked me and I always found it misogynistic. Why is it that men 'need to be kept', and women are shamed for their divorce when many women leave simply because their husbands couldn't/ wouldn't give them their rights?

It implies that relationships are one way, and that marriage is simply about male happiness. It also, got me wondering, if society is so obsessed with women fulfilling the needs of men and instructing women on being good wives, what about women's happiness? Women's emotional and physical needs?

Its beginning to dawn on me, that there is no emphasis on men 'keeping women' so do you think many men go into relationships with either no clue or at worse no care?
No offense, but this is bullshit. A lot of guys talk constantly about how to get a woman, how to charm a woman, how to keep a woman, how not to lose your woman to another man, etc. How to please your girl and shit. Most marriages end in divorce, and most are initiated by women. Also, most of the "how to keep your man" talk is from other women.

This is the same gender war bullshit threads we get here on the daily. It's getting old.

Feminists tend to be the ones that ache/yearn for the garaac the most. They want sweet sweet love.
i can guarantee you my wife will be knock- kneed and walking like a penguin for a week after my wedding night.

Royalflush

novacane
this argument is too funny lmao

femininity isnt dictated by how much money the female makes for example khadijah RA was a businesswoman and the prophet fell in love with her
on the other hand, both parties shouldnt demand too much from each other- is it too much to ask to be decent humans
you can find a submissive woman anywhere. she may not be inherently submissive to you but if you win her over she will be, thats how the odayaal used to win over the most beautiful women who turned them down.
in terms of keeping a man its really about your character and vice versa. no one wants a lazy useless woman or a abusive good for nothing man. apart from that you can always find a common ground and coexist in peace.

Lol, stop with the retarded shit Huuno,you are a female and the ratio of women and men works against you, if you can't keep him happy then another women will, try your best otherwise you will be whining on SomaliSpot for ever.:)

lol in what earth is the ratio so off that a woman needs to or has stay with a man? Lol continue kidding yourself old man and while you at it stop harassing minors.