Joe Rogan: You're not black if you're not 100% African, the darkest place where they wear no clothes

My boomer Somali father studied in Northern Italy (Padua) in the early 1970s and told me he had a wonderful time.
Is Italy the same as America? Does Italy have a history of stringing black folks up a tree until recently?

You're a smart man and you know full well that Europe despite racism still being an issue is no where on the same level as America.

I have to disagree with this.

Doja cat doesn’t look anywhere black, she looks racially ambiguous and more Jewish (like her mother) then Zulu southern African: View attachment 213061View attachment 213062

the only thing “black” about her is her hair type: View attachment 213063

And putting Bi-racials into the same category as actual sub-Saharan people is confusing. They are just bi-racial, not Black:View attachment 213065
View attachment 213064
Historically speaking, mixed people were designated to belong and perceived as the lesser socially dominant identity group. "White" was exclusionary, and "Black" was inclusionary.

Biracial is a useless term if you do not further denote the precisely mixed ancestry; there is no biracial identity (unless you live in a country like Brazil where things are different and people fall back on the broad, vague identity constructions as mixed heritage there is common to all the variant degrees of gradients). And that's why, again, it by default from a sociological perspective, even historically economic in a place like North America, these people fell on the Black. Furthermore, one less Black person meant one less resource, which etched itself into the sociocultural in various ways, even from African Americans that understood this was the only optional position and all you had to do was embrace and inculcate since fragmentary ideas about group identity were potentially weakening the collective unity and possible chance of emancipation from deliberate constraints of basic human privileges.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Is Italy the same as America? Does Italy have a history of stringing black folks up a tree until recently?

You're a smart man and you know full well that Europe despite racism still being an issue is no where on the same level as America.

1643273574981.png

Apollo

VIP

Lol, just giving a personal anecdote. My dad is a bit of an Italophile, while growing up I saw him watch Italian TV, read Italian books, and even had Italian friends come over every now and then. 😂

I only had positive opinions of Italy and Italians as a kid, and then discovered the evil deeds of European colonization later from history books. :dead:

@Apollo

There are a lot of AA youtubers who go and live in Italy and even though Italians can be very non PC especially towards migrants, they feel as though the racism there is a lot less than America. They also feel safer and the Italians are very friendly apparently , there is more mixing ect.

Lol, just giving a personal anecdote. My dad is a bit of an Italophile, while growing up I saw him watch Italian TV, read Italian books, and even had Italian friends come over every now and then. 😂

I only had positive opinions of Italy and Italians as a kid, and then discovered the evil deeds of European colonization later. :dead:
I have aunts and uncles that literally lived in small towns in Italy with hardly any black people and they loved it. Italians are incredibly social people. They would often make very un PC comments we'd probably be offended by, but older gen Somalis probably don't care as they're just as blunt and un PC, but overall they were respected, the locals would bring them food and would try to befriend them. That shit would never happen in an conservative American town in the South.

Lol same, I never knew growing up as well. I had a lot of relatives that lived in italy in the 70s-90s and they loved it lol. Italians are just a very friendly bunch compared to Anglos.

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo

There are a lot of AA youtubers who go and live in Italy and even though Italians can be very non PC especially towards migrants, they feel as though the racism there is a lot less than America. They also feel safer and the Italians are very friendly apparently , there is more mixing ect.

Back then there were very few non-European immigrants, so they were more curious and friendly. Now with mass-migration I wouldn't be surprised that they became more racist. However, keeping things in perspective there is more anti-SSA racism in brown and African Libya than in Italy.

Apollo

VIP
Min 0:44 this Eritrean fob mentions Libya in one of those ''countries you don't like'' videos because of racism he likely experienced.

Doja cat doesn’t look anywhere black, she looks racially ambiguous and more Jewish (like her mother) then Zulu southern African: View attachment 213061View attachment 213062

And putting Bi-racials into the same category as actual sub-Saharan people is confusing. They are just bi-racial, not Black:View attachment 213065
View attachment 213064
Doja Cat shouldn't be in this conversation because she's mixed, but she shares some similarities with many Black people. A full zulu with such similarities:
images - 2022-01-27T100115.360.jpeg
images - 2022-01-27T100006.487.jpeg

images - 2022-01-27T095442.398.jpeg

Apollo

VIP
I used to watch the show Solletico as a kid, as my dad wanted us to learn a bit of Italian.

Ah the nostalgia.

:banderas:

Xoxoxo

VIP
The white people that fully believed and endorsed it are still alive. Lets not behave as though Jim Crow ended 100s of years ago and that people like MLK and MX lived centuries ago. Our parents were young kids when white people saw mixed and even those that are merely quarter as black. Forget Grandparents, many our parents were alive and kicking when MX and ML were both assassinated. I don't know why people behave as though black oppression and classification isn't recent. It is literally in living memory. The Queen is even older than these figures whom we look at as 'historical'.
Everybody believes,endorsing & claim The idea of black & white [race] specially nowadays. Its not like joe rogan created it or was the one enforcing
You don't have to be non-white to criticize the weird concepts of race.

They have the same convo most geeljire's have like "a black person isnt really black" & "a white person isn't really white" .

Everybody believes,endorsing & claim The idea of black & white [race] specially nowadays. Its not like joe rogan created it or was the one enforcing
You don't have to be non-white to criticize the weird concepts of race.

They have the same convo most geeljire's have like "a black person isnt really black" & "a white person isn't really white" .
True, but its ironic considering his people didn't even allow supposed 'black people' with significant white ancestry to sit next to them on the bus. Rosa Parks wasn't even really fully black, yet Rogans people less than 60 years ago decided she most certainly was. Cultural shifts don't happen over night, and older mixed people still remember being seen as 'black' and are treated as such even to this day. So, whilst I can see where Rogan is coming from and yes, it isn't him that specifically created these terms, AA people in America with hints of SSA features even if light skin are still discriminated against.

View attachment 213064

Clearly Doja Cat does not look Jewish. No person would assume she's Jewish. She has clear Sub-Saharan features. She kinda looks Horner. She looks more Black than Jewish.

mrlog

VIP
The white people that fully believed and endorsed it are still alive. Lets not behave as though Jim Crow ended 100s of years ago and that people like MLK and MX lived centuries ago. Our parents were young kids when white people saw mixed and even those that are merely quarter as black. Forget Grandparents, many of our parents were alive and kicking when MX and ML were both assassinated. I don't know why people behave as though black oppression and classification isn't recent. It is literally in living memory. The Queen is even older than these figures whom we look at as 'historical'.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts