Jigjiga, what is this song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
that means nothing, bossaso beats jigjiga by every metric, more schools, more vehicles in the city, more houses, more people, more freedom, more ugly non somali looking people, more everything.:francis:

Quit talking out of your arse. You've never been to Jigjiga, yet you have so much to say about it. Kulaha ugly non somali looking people..are you a child? :kodaksmiley:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
In population or land size?

Dire Dawa's been neglected in the 2000's lol

In land size and probably population. I am sure only Addis, Mekele and Adama are larger than Jigjiga at this point. We shall see by the end of this year when the census is concluded.

In land size and probably population. I am sure only Addis, Mekele and Adama are larger than Jigjiga at this point. We shall see by the end of this year when the census is concluded.

In land size it probably is but I doubt population. In terms of population there are other cities too that have similar pop's to Jigjiga.

And yeah we will see. I always thought it would be in 2020 but it's this year lol

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
don't even compare Hargeisa to bosaso or jigjiga, compare them to burco

Jigjiga has the potential to surpass Hargeisa considering how fast it is growing. The Berbera-Addis corridor will mean that it will be in direct competition with Hargeisa over where traders will base their operations, sort of like Djibouti city and Dire Dawa along the railroad. The problem is that Djibouti city is the port and Dire Dawa is the stop-over, so Dire Dawa always loses. Hargeisa on the other hand is not the port, nor is it located in Ethiopia, I predict that Berbera and Jigjiga will eat up much of its lunch in the next decade.

waraabe

Your superior
Jigjiga has the potential to surpass Hargeisa considering how fast it is growing. The Berbera-Addis corridor will mean that it will be in direct competition with Hargeisa over where traders will base their operations, sort of like Djibouti city and Dire Dawa along the railroad. The problem is that Djibouti city is the port and Dire Dawa is the stop-over, so Dire Dawa always loses. Hargeisa on the other hand is not the port, nor is it located in Ethiopia, I predict that Berbera and Jigjiga will eat up much of its lunch in the next decade.

:pachah1::mjlol:

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
@waraabe This is what happens when an entire state is based on a single city, it would actually not be wrong to say Somaliland is a city-state.
The same thing that happened to Somalia and Banadir is happening to Somaliland and Hargeisa. It seems to be a pattern of Somali political economy to keep all economic surpluses in the capital.

waraabe

Your superior
@waraabe This is what happens when an entire state is based on a single city, it would actually not be wrong to say Somaliland is a city-state.
The same thing that happened to Somalia and Banadir is happening to Somaliland and Hargeisa. It seems to be a pattern of Somali political economy to keep all economic surpluses in the capital.

Somaliland's economic hub is Berbera mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending