Jannah is Forbidden for these Women

techsamatar

I put Books to the Test of Life
I wanted to add more context to the Hadith. It is a form of divorce that is only permissible for the husband. Therefore, a wife does not have the right to divorce through that method.
Yes but it’s talking about all forms and methods and if the women asks or initiates or whatever when it’s not absolutely necessary or just out of whims.

Hadith mentions no Method specifically, unless I have the wrong translation😅

attash

Amaan Duule
Unreasonable. a muslim woman or a man who kills another innocent human being will be sent to hell, but eventually will let in paradise, but a woman asking a divorce when it is not necessary will be forever forbidden from paradise.
That's not what the hadith means. The standard view amongst the scholars is that anyone with at least an atom's weight of imaan in their hearts will be admitted into Jannah, no matter what they did (this view is based on a sahih hadith that I'm too lazy to pull up right now, but I'm sure you all have heard of it). What this particular hadith means is that such a woman will be refused entry into Jannah initially, but will eventually be allowed into Jannah at some point as long as she meets the aforementioned condition. There is nothing that says she will be forbidden Jannah forever.

The hadith is about talaq; a form of divorce that is initiated by the husband.

I think maybe you're thinking about what gets referred to as triple talaq. however, the word الطَّلاَقَ which is used in the hadith.. ie talaq... I believe it just means divorce, I don't think it means a specific kind, for example the book on divorce in Sahih al-Bukhari is calldd كتاب الطلاق

Yes but it’s talking about all forms and methods and if the women asks or initiates or whatever when it’s not absolutely necessary or just out of whims.

I asked a student of knowledge regarding the Hadith and that was what I was told. A wife doesn’t have the right to “talaq” as that is solely reserved for the husband. However, she can divorce through other means

I asked a student of knowledge regarding the Hadith and that was what I was told. A wife doesn’t have the right to “talaq” as that is solely reserved for the husband. However, she can divorce through other means

Talaq is "divorce". I think you're referring to triple talaq which is a particular kind of divorce. But talaq in Arabic is just divorce, it's not some specific form of divorce. Both in Bukhari and Muslim, the book of divorce is the book of talaq. Talaq is divorce in general.

"The Arabic word for divorce is talaq which means "freeing or undoing the knot" (Imam Raghib)."

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
Unreasonable. a muslim woman or a man who kills another innocent human being will be sent to hell, but eventually will let in paradise, but a woman asking a divorce when it is not necessary will be forever forbidden from paradise.
SMH

Don't comment or make an interpretation of a hadith without knowledge, this is exactly why random joes shouldn't read the hadith if they can't handle it.

You should listen to sheikhs talk about it, coming to your own conclusion and suggesting ALLAH (SWT) is unfair for doing as he wishes with his creation is a big no no.

And no, don't think I am trying to be holier than thou, I personally leave they explanations of the hadith to the sheikhs because I know I am not good enough to explain things from it myself.

Such women will (likely) be eventually reconciled and admitted to Paradise once they've undergone the necessary purification. All Adamites with even the slightest bit of Faith in our Lord (save for the idolaters, disbelievers, and hypocrites) will leave Hell at some TBD time.

Talaq is "divorce". I think you're referring to triple talaq which is a particular kind of divorce. But talaq in Arabic is just divorce, it's not some specific form of divorce. Both in Bukhari and Muslim, the book of divorce is the book of talaq. Talaq is divorce in general.

"The Arabic word for divorce is talaq which means "freeing or undoing the knot" (Imam Raghib)."
No, a woman can literally ask for Khula for disliking her husband even if he treats her well like the Hadith of the wife of Thabit who had to return her Mehr. That’s the difference she’s talking about.

There is a difference between Talaq and Khula which is annulment.

Why do we have a Hadith in which a woman asks a divorce her simply disliking her husband despite not doing anything to her?

‘But if the man is not falling short with regard to his wife’s rights and he is not mistreating her, but she dislikes him so much that she cannot live with him and she is not giving him his rights, then they must both try to set things straight. If these attempts prove to be fruitless and their life reaches an impasse, then Allaah has given them a way out, which is khula’ – so she should return all the mahr that he gave her, and the man should be enjoined in that case to accept it and separate from her. ‘

These are the words of a scholar. And @Omar del Sur. There seems to be differences as this passage notes a woman simply not liking a man. @Aurelian and @pinkyandthebrain

A man can even ask for Khula for thinking he’s ugly:

‘If a woman hates her husband’s attitude, such as if he is harsh, cruel or quick to anger, or if she dislikes his physical appearance, such as if he has a physical defect or is ugly or is lacking some physical faculty, or there is strong resentment between them, and she cannot live with him honourably, then she may ask for separation from him (khula‘). This has been discussed previously in fatwa no. 1859. ‘

@pinkyandthebrain

As for a man sinning for divorcing a woman, it’s never been mentioned it’s haram. I can imagine there probably maybe a sin waiting for him but even if he marries her and then decides to divorce her a week later, no sin for the man is mentioned. Even if he was to marry and divorce ten times. But Allah is the most just. I can’t believe that is seen as acceptable, but we will see on the DOJ.

Last edited:
No, a woman can literally ask for Khula for disliking her husband even if he treats her well like the Hadith of the wife of Thabit who had to return her Mehr. That’s the difference she’s talking about.

I am not debating or discussing this hadith. I am simply pointing that out that talaq is the Arabic term for divorce. It is not a specific form of divorce (like "triple talaq")... talaq in Arabic simply means divorce. As far as this hadith and the fiqh regarding it, I have no comment.

techsamatar

Why do we have a Hadith in which a woman asks a divorce her simply disliking her husband despite not doing anything to her?

‘But if the man is not falling short with regard to his wife’s rights and he is not mistreating her, but she dislikes him so much that she cannot live with him and she is not giving him his rights, then they must both try to set things straight. If these attempts prove to be fruitless and their life reaches an impasse, then Allaah has given them a way out, which is khula’ – so she should return all the mahr that he gave her, and the man should be enjoined in that case to accept it and separate from her. ‘

These are the words of a scholar. And @Omar del Sur. There seems to be differences as this passage notes a woman simply not liking a man. @Aurelian and @pinkyandthebrain

A man can even ask for Khula for thinking he’s ugly:

‘If a woman hates her husband’s attitude, such as if he is harsh, cruel or quick to anger, or if she dislikes his physical appearance, such as if he has a physical defect or is ugly or is lacking some physical faculty, or there is strong resentment between them, and she cannot live with him honourably, then she may ask for separation from him (khula‘). This has been discussed previously in fatwa no. 1859. ‘

@pinkyandthebrain

As for a man sinning for divorcing a woman, it’s never been mentioned it’s haram. I can imagine there probably maybe a sin waiting for him but even if he marries her and then decides to divorce her a week later, no sin for the man is mentioned. Even if he was to marry and divorce ten times. But Allah is the most just. I can’t believe that is seen as acceptable, but we will see on the DOJ.
I don’t get how this has to do with this Hadith or correlates, what does it have to do with this authentic Hadith ? Of course if the rights of the Man and women are not being met then that is injustice and both should go their ways if time and effort was given to solve it. But either way Hadith still stands and is clearcut on what is being mentioned and spoken about, and Allah truly knows best to women that do it when it’s not absolutely necessary.

techsamatar

I remember proving that situation of Thabit and his wife was rare and Personal case to which it was to avoid something not because she felt like it re send the Hadith here.

“When it is absolutely necessary” means when there is some hardship and reason for resorting to asking for a divorce, you can’t just say if he’s fulfilling her rights and everything she wakes up tomorrow morning and she can’t stand her husband and seeks divorce by the next day or week then she will without doubt fall under the Hadith of not smelling paradise. A women mood and emotions can change like the weather my auntie couldn’t stand my uncles guts after their First kid but now they still happily married with 7 kids, so in the end if effort and time isn’t given by both then that’s what Hadith speaks on.

I remember proving that situation of Thabit and his wife was rare and Personal case to which it was to avoid something not because she felt like it re send the Hadith here.

“When it is absolutely necessary” means when there is some hardship and reason for resorting to asking for a divorce, you can’t just say if he’s fulfilling her rights and everything she wakes up tomorrow morning and she can’t stand her husband and seeks divorce by the next day or week then she will without doubt fall under the Hadith of not smelling paradise. A women mood and emotions can change like the weather my auntie couldn’t stand my uncles guts after their First kid but now they still happily married with 7 kids, so in the end if effort and time isn’t given by both then that’s what Hadith speaks on.
Even better, send Islamqa an email and prove them wrong:

But if the man is not falling short with regard to his wife’s rights and he is not mistreating her, but she dislikes him so much that she cannot live with him and she is not giving him his rights, then they must both try to set things straight. If these attempts prove to be fruitless and their life reaches an impasse, then Allaah has given them a way out, which is khula’ – so she should return all the mahr that he gave her, and the man should be enjoined in that case to accept it and separate from her. ‘

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/91878

It literally says she can ask for divorce even if he isn’t falling short in her rights but she doesn’t like him. A woman that dislikes her husband is obviously going to feel it’s a necessary to get a divorce.

techsamatar

Even better, send Islamqa an email and prove them wrong:

But if the man is not falling short with regard to his wife’s rights and he is not mistreating her, but she dislikes him so much that she cannot live with him and she is not giving him his rights, then they must both try to set things straight. If these attempts prove to be fruitless and their life reaches an impasse, then Allaah has given them a way out, which is khula’ – so she should return all the mahr that he gave her, and the man should be enjoined in that case to accept it and separate from her. ‘

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/91878

It literally says she can ask for divorce even if he isn’t falling short in her right. But it seems you know better Sheikh. How about you correct them Oh sheikh.
When did I disagree with Islamqa here you clearly just turn everything into an argument or controversal you really need to work on being non agreeable in everything which can actually be big reason for a husband to divorce his wife for. Maybe re read what I say without being on defensive.

If she dislikes to a point that she is not giving him his rights then why on earth would the guy even waste his time they should both go separate ways, but I don’t get if your trying to debunk the Hadith of this thread or just waffling for sake of it.

Allah knows the ones that do it without necessity but out of whims and emotions to which they regret later, but if effort and time isn’t given and it’s not out of hardship and rights being abused then those women are who are being spoken of.

And I gave example of my aunt too after their first kid she couldn’t stand her husband despised his guts but now they still married and have 7 kids.

So please unless it’s not you trying to debunk this Hadith or say it’s not Sahih then I don’t see a point in going back and forth with futile things which is a habit you enjoy.

Peace out ✌

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts