Jamaame district development

World

VIP
You think most farmers are banking on Maize? do you know the kind of money people are making on Mangos, Lime " Leandanan", Bananas, ect, People have contracts and connections to get stuff to places like Uae and China. Maize is not a top Priority at least not to the Major Famers that i know.

In the Shebelle's you have other large Farms sending fruits and vegies to places like Uae and Turkey.

Cash Crops are not Maize

Inshallah in the future i will buy a Farm in the Qoryoolie area of Lower Shebelle
Maize is mainly subsistence farmers. Those with more capital and land plant cash crops.

Look at the video I posted, you have banana plantations next to maize fields. My returnee cousin's farm in Luuq district, for example, has lemon trees and he exports dried lemons to UAE. He is now diversifying to bananas. There is money to be made from rich farmland if one has time, starting capital and a lot of land. Diaspora Somalis from areas where there is rich farmland are buying up farmland in the South. Nonetheless, farm land closer to a big city and port are better money makers in Somalia.
In Jamaame there is only 127 tons of Sesame grown which is a cash crop. It’s nothing. One well managed farm of 80 hectares can produce that. If you buying farmland in Jamaame it will be off subsistence farmers who are planting $600 worth of maize a year on a hectare. If you get tricked into paying $20k for that i’m sorry. For $20k you should get 10 acres minimum.

Last edited:
1 Hectare? thats like a football field lol prob more than 20 grand US and that's just me estimating.
Last year- I enquired it was $2000 to 3000
Depend on location - for 1 hectare around Jilib area. It’s insane $20000 that’s equivalent to Uk prices.

also u r right about the taxes -
40% of your profit margin if you farm goes to isbaaro and taxes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sesame is a good export i forgot to mention, If you make the Investments and bring the equipment from China, you can make some good quality Sesame seed " OIL" and that oil will out sell alot of things.

Honey is another thing that Somalis dont really mention, 1 liter of pure Honey can go for up to 30 U.S in Xamar which is nuts.

In Jamaame there is only 127 tons of Sesame grown which is a cash crop. It’s nothing. One well managed farm of 80 hectares can produce that. If you buying farmland in Jamaame it will be off subsistence farmers who are planting $600 worth of maize a year on a hectare. If you get tricked into paying $20k for that i’m sorry. For $20k you should get 10 acres minimum.
20,000 an acre is the price quoted by @Mr. Wabrii for established farms. One can buy land suitable for farming at a cheaper price but you have to clear and prepare it for farming yourself. I remember reading an FAO paper that a large percent of arable land in Somalia is not used. A lot of this land is communally owned by resident clans, not individuals and are not necessarily expensive.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
20,000 an acre is the price quoted by @Mr. Wabrii for established farms. One can buy land suitable for farming at a cheaper price but you have to clear and prepare it for farming yourself. I remember reading an FAO paper that a large percent of arable land in Somalia is not used. A lot of this land is communally owned by resident clans, not individuals and are not necessarily expensive.
20,000 for a hectare in Jilib? There is no such thing. It wouldnt cost that much to clear a new hectare anyways these are the prices for a good plot in Kismayo which can +10x in a year if you construct a house

If your churning out a few hundred bucks profit after taxes and it cost 20k a hectare youd make your return on investment in ~ 100 years :axvmm9o:

Before even seeing a market a high investment price would be +20x yearly expected revenue and this is what you can imagine for stable markets. AS controlled drought prone roadless farmland in Somalia is the opposite of a stable market. To all my brothers start a small farm in Kenya using leased land and rented machinery to see if its for you and make sure you are there for the daily operations.

20,000 for a hectare in Jilib? There is no such thing. It wouldnt cost that much to clear a new hectare anyways these are the prices for a good plot in Kismayo which can +10x in a year if you construct a house

If your churning out a few hundred bucks profit after taxes and it cost 20k a hectare youd make your return on investment in ~ 100 years :axvmm9o:

Before even seeing a market a high investment price would be +20x yearly expected revenue and this is what you can imagine for stable markets. AS controlled drought prone roadless farmland in Somalia is the opposite of a stable market. To all my brothers start a small farm in Kenya using leased land and rented machinery to see if its for you and make sure you are there for the daily operations.

Like i said, you can go buy some land and do all the work yourself cheaper you can buy something for 3000 - 7000, or you can buy a farm already established and running making money " bananas, Mangos, Oranges, Sesame, watermelon, ect , the Mango's on my Farm took 15 years after planting before good fruit came.

The lands and deeds are available for anyone intrested, My family and alot of the people in area have been there before Said Barre.

We survived Morgans army, Cyr Army, Moryans, Alshabaab ect, Nothing and no can take the lands from the people unless he is willing to stay and fight, which non of them are, they are not from there to begin with.
How can I get the deeds for farms in jamaame. My family lost theirs during the war. Is there an office? I was told original docuemnts were still in italian records.

How can I get the deeds for farms in jamaame. My family lost theirs during the war. Is there an office? I was told original docuemnts were still in italian records.

Go to Mogadishu, there is a Office Near the Courts not far from the sea ports, most people go through there or the courts to get papers.

Go to Mogadishu, there is a Office Near the Courts not far from the sea ports, most people go through there or the courts to get papers.
What was the name of the office? Its been in my family since the 1960s. Would I need to bring witnessess to verify? I know everyone knows who owns what farms in jamaame so it wouldn't be too difficult.

What was the name of the office? Its been in my family since the 1960s. Would I need to bring witnessess to verify? I know everyone knows who owns what farms in jamaame so it wouldn't be too difficult.

Not 100% sure what the name was, i just remember it was near the Court house. Yea if you can bring Witnesses and certain " Odey dagmaeed" any elder then it would also help. Going to the Court House helps as well

Not 100% sure what the name was, i just remember it was near the Court house. Yea if you can bring Witnesses and certain " Odey dagmaeed" any elder then it would also help. Going to the Court House helps as well
Thanks i'll look into this further. Now that things look up i'm hoping to get this farm up and working. If you remember the name please let me know.

Trending