Jaarso

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Jaarso are oromo
The enemies of Somalis.
Backstabbed us during 77 war
Also an abgaal man married a jaarso an have birth to @Daughter of samaale
Saying we backstabbed Somalis in 77 is offensive. My awooweyaal and abtis fought and died for Somalis. There’s nothing funny about what you said.

And don’t speak about my parents like that, dumb prick.

Last edited:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Who are these people? I keep hearing some say they’re Somali and others say they’re oromo
They’re Somali but since they have been the Somalis who have bordered oromos for centuries unlike other clans they have mixed with them and some speak oromo.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Jaarso & Akisho are Oromos that got assimilated by Somalis

@Abba Sadacha might know some more info on them
That’s the story of jabarti....your story....not madaxweyn direed.

jaarso and akisho are both madaxweyn dir, Akisho is cali madaxweyn and jaarso are maxamed madaxweyn.....they’re Somali not oromo.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
They are Somali and of Dir origin. Dir used to be at one point the largest clan in Galbeed but lost alot of land and people to the wars they fought

No need to hate sxb:farmajoyaab:

The main issue is that we know for a fact for example that Gurgura who were Oromized are of Somali Dir origin but there is evidence going both ways for Jaarso and Akisho being Oromo or Somali/Dir originally.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The main issue is that we know for a fact for example that Gurgura who were Oromized are of Somali Dir origin but there is evidence going both ways for Jaarso and Akisho being Oromo or Somali/Dir originally.
The Akisho indeed of Oromo lineage, this is more supported while the Jaarso lean to Somalis but at times to Oromo aswell, They are more grey compared to Akisho

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
The Akisho indeed of Oromo lineage, this is more supported while the Jaarso lean to Somalis but at times to Oromo aswell, They are more grey compared to Akisho
My mum isn’t even jaarso but from a brother clan, literally the names in her abtirsi are Somali names. The only time where people can question the Somali is four names away from qaldho where it goes daniido, itaayo, goodaad.....apart from those names the rest are normal Somali names!!!

On the Jarso:

''Hence, the remarkably assimilated Jarso were never fully integrated or accepted as members of the Geri, and have maintained their Jarso identity.''

Sociology Ethnology Bulletin of Addis Ababa University, Volume 1, Issue 3

Page 60

The Galla of Ethiopia; The Kingdoms of Kafa and Janjero: North ..., Part 2

Chapter 2-the eastern oromo groups, includes the jarso, among others.

Trending

Latest posts