Jaarso

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
On the Jarso:

''Hence, the remarkably assimilated Jarso were never fully integrated or accepted as members of the Geri, and have maintained their Jarso identity.''

Sociology Ethnology Bulletin of Addis Ababa University, Volume 1, Issue 3

Page 60

The Galla of Ethiopia; The Kingdoms of Kafa and Janjero: North ..., Part 2

Chapter 2-the eastern oromo groups, includes the jarso, among others.
Jaarso and Geri are very separate. Jaarso are dir kings and Geri are the children of koombe....

Jaarso and Geri are very separate. Jaarso are dir kings and Geri are the children of koombe....

they lived together for over 150 years. the gerri are the ones who assimilated the jarso into somali culture, they also are the ones who denied the jarso the right to have a voice at the all somali conference in the early 1990s, which led to fighting at that time, with the jidwaq militias siding with the gerri, and the IFLO [islamic front for the liberation of oromia] fighting for the jarso.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
they lived together for over 150 years. the gerri are the ones who assimilated the jarso into somali culture, they also are the ones who denied the jarso the right to have a voice at the all somali conference in the early 1990s, which led to fighting at that time, with the jidwaq militias siding with the gerri, and the IFLO [islamic front for the liberation of oromia] fighting for the jarso.
Interesting, I don’t know a lot about their history but being from dagge on my mums side, they’ve always been Somali to me except a few jaarso sub clans who are originally oromo.

Interesting, I don’t know a lot about their history but being from dagge on my mums side, they’ve always been Somali to me except a few jaarso sub clans who are originally oromo.

again, Jarso and your moms subclan the Humme are both brother clans of Mine, the Noole. We are Dagga Qallo Bareentuma Oromo. Humme border both the Jarso and Noole. You guys are in the Funyanbirra area. Majority speak Oromo and know their lineage. The rest intermix with Somalis. Doesn’t make you of Somali origin, just means you’ve intermixed with them like a lot of eastern Oromos.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
again, Jarso and your moms subclan the Humme are both brother clans of Mine, the Noole. We are Dagga Qallo Bareentuma Oromo. Humme border both the Jarso and Noole. You guys are in the Funyanbirra area. Majority speak Oromo and know their lineage. The rest intermix with Somalis. Doesn’t make you of Somali origin, just means you’ve intermixed with them like a lot of eastern Oromos.
My mum is from gursum that’s considered k5, btw can I ask if you’re a diaspora?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I honestly don't know much about jidwaaq other than the fact they're darood like gerrikombe.

as far as arsi and somali relations go, they are too complex.
they've been allies at times, and also foes recently as when abdi illey's mercenaries were raiding arsi, hararghe, guji, etc, and killing them for the sake of their tigrayan elitist masters.

here's a good read!

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I honestly don't know much about jidwaaq other than the fact they're darood like gerrikombe.

as far as arsi and somali relations go, they are too complex.
they've been allies at times, and also foes recently as when abdi illey's mercenaries were raiding arsi, hararghe, guji, etc, and killing them for the sake of their tigrayan elitist masters.

here's a good read!
Are you afran qallo?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
A l'assimilation de groupes Oromos Jaarso ou Akiso, dans la région de Jigjiga, répond l'oromisation de certains Somalis Geri de Babile.

The assimilation of Oromos Jaarso or Akiso groups in the Jigjiga region is matched by the oromization of certain Somalis Geri from Babile.

Trending

Latest posts